PDA

View Full Version : Optimization UA Mystic - Getting the Most from the Arcane Dabbler Feature

supersonic29
2022-07-13, 02:42 PM
Hi, I'm in a long term campaign as a Order of Wu Jen Mystic 10 multiclass Wizard 3. I've been getting great mileage out of creating spells slots with psi points to use spells I collect and copy into my spell book. As I take my next few levels I'm interested in seeing how much I can exploit the ability to create spell slots 1st-5th level that you can use on any spell you know (as written, not even restricted to wizard spells!) It's iffy if being able to create 5th level slots entitles me to copy down 5th level wizard spells or use 5th level cleric spells if I were to dip a level into that class, but my DM has ruled it that way which is certainly to my advantage.
What I'm curious about are ways to take full advantage of this in regards to spells known + number of spells prepared per day. After a dip in Cleric, are there other ways to get access to a lot of spells known, or even better increase the spells you can prep in a day? I've played 3.5 the most and am not familiar with what magic items/feats are available in 5e that could possibly help. Cheese very is welcome in this campaign. Cheers!