PDA

View Full Version : Quicken or Quicken?

Skjaldbakka
2007-11-28, 02:57 AM
As a Cerebremancer, which Quicken should I take?

Kaelik
2007-11-28, 03:19 AM
As a Cerebremancer, which Quicken should I take?

Spell? I'm not too familiar with the Cerebremancer, but don't they have some way of using spell feats on their powers? If so, always take the spell ones, since Psionic Metamagic sucks. Requires you to expend focus, no where near as useful. Even if he can't convert back and forth, still Quicken Spell, because expending focus is a terrible option.

deadseashoals
2007-11-28, 04:11 AM
Quicken Power. Although, like Kaelik said, metapsionic powers tend to not be so useful because if the focus issue, take this into consideration:

* As a cerebremancer, the lowest level you can quicken a non-cantrip spell is level 12.
* If you take Practiced Manifester, the lowest level you can quicken a power is level 7.

Psionics works a lot better with multiclassing because of the way the system is set up.

Skjaldbakka
2007-11-28, 04:17 AM
Quicken Power it is.

Mewtarthio
2007-11-28, 11:24 PM
Spell? I'm not too familiar with the Cerebremancer, but don't they have some way of using spell feats on their powers? If so, always take the spell ones, since Psionic Metamagic sucks. Requires you to expend focus, no where near as useful. Even if he can't convert back and forth, still Quicken Spell, because expending focus is a terrible option.

Psionic metamagic effectively has one level lower on its adjustment. For instance, Maximize Power requires you to spend 4 power points (~2 spell levels) and your psionic focus.