PDA

View Full Version : Non concentration buffs

Spacehamster
2022-07-19, 12:00 PM
Anyone know of a list of all buff spells that dont use concentration, self buffs or party buffs don’t matter which, the ones I can think of of the top of my head is armor of agathys, fire shield, mage armor and false life.

Edit: remembered spiritual weapon now.

Speely
2022-07-19, 12:03 PM
Foresight? Erm... Regenerate I suppose as well.

Elric VIII
2022-07-19, 12:20 PM
Heroes feast, sanctuary, aid, warding bond, freedom of movement, true seeing off the top of my head.

Psyren
2022-07-19, 12:21 PM
There's a bunch in this older thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?607367-Non-concentration-buff-spells) that we can probably add to.

Are you trying to build a spell list for this character or wanting a list of spells that can be cast before combat for a benefit in combat? I ask because I noticed featherfall on the list, which isn't a buff spell.

Anyway, using DND Beyond and filtering by non concentration and buff we get the following list:
Aid
Armor of Agathys
Catnap (probably not what you wanted)
Ceremony
Darkvision
Death Ward
Etherealness
Feign Death
Fire Shield
Foresight
Freedom of Movement
Hallow
Heroes Feast
Longstrider
Mage Armor
Mental Barrier (UA Psionics)
Mind Blank
Motivational Speech (Acq Inc)
Power Word Heal
Protection from Poison
Remove Curse
Sanctuary
Shillelagh
Soul Cage
Thought Shield (UA Psionics)
Warding Bond
Water Breathing
Wind Walk
Wish

And I believe Nondetection and Magic Aura were added later if you count those.

Bobthewizard
2022-07-19, 01:17 PM
also see invisibility, blink and mirror image

LudicSavant
2022-07-19, 02:41 PM
Anyone know of a list of all buff spells that dont use concentration, self buffs or party buffs don’t matter which, the ones I can think of of the top of my head is armor of agathys, fire shield, mage armor and false life.

Edit: remembered spiritual weapon now.

Here's a few:

Warding Bond (Doesn't only share damage, but also gives +1 to AC and all saves for an hour)
True Seeing
Freedom of Movement
Death Ward
Gift of Alacrity
Mind Blank
Crown of Stars
Etherealness
Regenerate (Try combining this with a Life Cleric for an automatic 10 hp a round for 600 rounds, or with an Arcana Cleric for an automatic dispel every round for an hour)
Nondetection (This will even stop things like See Invisibility and True Seeing (https://twitter.com/jeremyecrawford/status/786625163831848960?lang=en) from detecting an invisible character)
Blink
Longstrider
Sanctuary (Try activating this with a bonus action right after attacking)
Aid
Heroes' Feast
Blade Ward
Borrowed Knowledge
Continual Flame (note that it suppresses magical Darkness if upcast to a level 3+ slot, and has an unlimited duration)
Shillelagh
Contingency
Absorb Elements (both Resistance for a round and a damage boost)
Shield (gives AC for the whole round, not just a single attack)
Silvery Barbs
Armor of Agathys
Mirror Image
Magic Stone
See Invisibility
Spiritual Weapon
Shillelagh
Speak with Plants (Note that this isn't just a communication spell, it's also basically an aura of difficult terrain, and negating difficult terrain/plant growth/entangle for allies)
Disguise Self
Magic Mouth (Try making a detection earpiece (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?645738-Making-a-useful-earpiece-out-of-the-Magic-Mouth-spell) with, not to mention many other things (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?539861-The-Arcane-Programmer-Guide))
Foresight
False Life
Jump
Mage Armor
Darkvision
Fortune's Favor
Water Breathing
Water Walk
Nystul's Magic Aura
Protection from Poison
Daylight
Control Flames (make a Daylight-sized light with a cantrip)
Phantom Steed
Comprehend Languages
Tongues
Tiny Servant
Antipathy/Sympathy
Fire Shield
Simulacrum
Glibness
Telepathy
Hallow
Rary's Telepathic Bond
Seeming
Magic Jar
Soul Cage
Wind Walk

animorte
2022-07-20, 11:36 AM
This is an awesome collection if I do say so myself. Good to keep nearby, time to research is appreciated.

Also, would anybody mind editing their posts to direct precisely where they can be found? I’m referring to just adding the spell level next to it.

I believe there are also various class features that have non concentration durations. I know the OP specifically requested spells, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.