PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pathfinder Kingdom Building, Settlement Qualities

mehs
2022-07-19, 12:29 PM
So My party is looking at founding a kingdom, and The Gm is giving us 50k pretty easily all at once, which seems like it is intended for kingdom building (I tried asking what he intends for the money so we don't go off the rails, but he is keeping cards close).

One of the things that I don't understand about those rules though, Is how do Settlements gain settlement qualities? Like Eldritch, Racial Enclave, Superstitious, etc. Do you just choose when the Settlement gains the proper size?

Akal Saris
2022-07-20, 11:12 PM
Those qualities aren't part of the core Kingmaker rules, so your DM may be using some additional books, either official or 3rd party. It seems likely that the quality would come from some benchmark, for example if you had four towns with mage's towers then you kingdom gains the eldritch trait.

With that said, your choices of kingdom alignment will have a small impact on the kingdom stats, I believe. In the Kingmaker video game the ruler's alignment also restricts access to some buildings (in which case LG is the best alignment!), but in the tabletop rules it's just a minor adjustment.

Alcore
2022-07-21, 10:50 AM
Depends on what scources he is using.

By core? Nothing... (GM fiat)

With the ultimate plugin line of 3rd party books (particularly Ultimate Rulership) it just happens at creation, size increase and by GM discretion after/during kingdom events. Unless event it is rolled on a random table.