PDA

View Full Version : Changing + Order of the Lycan = Anime powerup?

KCWONDER99
2022-07-20, 04:47 AM
Hi all,

Is there any ruling that would stop me making a changling with the Lycan Blood hunter, and then when they transform, instead of becoming huge and hairy to just turn into something like a super saiyan hairstyle. It gives them a power and toughness boost but hides the lycantropy from others to avoid stigma.

Would probably add artificer to have an energy blast(artillery specialty)

meandean
2022-07-20, 08:18 AM
There's certainly nothing contemplating that a changeling's abilities can give you more "power and toughness."

In terms of just changing the appearance... since a lycanthrope is Medium-sized and "has the same basic arrangement of limbs" as a humanoid, it makes sense to me that you can shapechange into something else that fits those criteria when you're in Lycan form.

(This would be a tougher question if you were taking the form of something less humanoid, e.g. polymorph​.)

Psyren
2022-07-20, 08:58 AM
I can't answer the "can changeling hide my lycanthropy powers" part of this, but if you wanted a super saiyan-themed lycan form I'd go for something that looks like Super Saiyan 4. (https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/2/21/Goku_DBGT_Ep_54_006.png)

Rather than burn a level on Artificer I'd just consider picking up a cantrip via a feat if you're looking for an energy blast.