PDA

View Full Version : Character Creation Help

GMan04
2022-07-20, 11:36 PM
Hello,

I’ve been playing with a character race idea in my head and I was hoping to get some help bringing my ideas to somewhat more of a reality.

My idea was rolling a Barbarian (Path of the Zealot) and for right now I was leaning towards changeling. I liked changeling because in my head I wanted him to be an experiment either a human injected with changeling cells, a changeling that was taken apart and experimented on for some sort of nefarious purpose (bottling the changeling race feature like a pollyjuice potion for mercenaries and assassins) or something else entirely. I wanted my pc to have the ability to alter his body (Think elder toguro from yu yu hakusho but a little bit more tame). When I mean alter his body I mean that I like in his normal state he’s like 5’5 or so and pretty scrawny and when he rages he shoots up to 6’6-7’ and alter his muscles to be ripped (think young toguro but less dramatic). I’ve even thought that if I went the changeling route that I wouldn’t be able to alter my appearance like other changelings.

Anyway I’ve really liked this idea a lot and I just can’t decide on the race. I’ve also been looking into simic hybrid but wasn’t sure if it fit or not.

Anyway whatever ideas you guys come up with is most welcome. Thanks for your help

meandean
2022-07-21, 01:43 AM
Yeah, simic hybrid means you're essentially a scientific experiment who was given characteristics not typical of most humanoids... permanently. If gills were grafted onto your body, you can't just decide to not have them.

Warlocks have the option to disguise self at will starting at 2nd level... or alter self at will starting at 15th level.... but, well, that first one is an illusion and the other one is 15th level.

Changeling is exactly what you describe, the ability to change your height as long as you're still Small or Medium-sized (which both heights you list are), along with your appearance, for real (not an illusion) and at will.