PDA

View Full Version : A Champion needs help!

asphen fox
2007-11-28, 10:30 AM
I'm building a Champion of Corellon and I don't have any idea on what I should pick on and what classes I should take... It's my first time to make a melee character (I've made plenty of wizards, a druid and a cleric though) so I'm a bit wary about picking my choices... Help please?

Iku Rex
2007-11-28, 11:44 AM
Level? Books available?

asphen fox
2007-11-28, 11:54 AM
Level's 5 and books available are any as long as it's not obsolete. I find it hard especally for the feat stuff...

Darrin
2007-11-28, 12:06 PM
Level's 5 and books available are any as long as it's not obsolete. I find it hard especally for the feat stuff...

How about Tome of Battle? There are some Crazy-Awesome stuff you can do with a Warblade or Swordsage.

asphen fox
2007-11-28, 12:10 PM
Warblade? Actually... I was thinking of making that in some other campaign once I'm used to melee characters... Maneuvers might make playing a bit harder and I'd like to play as a Champion of Corellon at least once. This would probably be the last time i'll play as a champion. after this I'll start doing swordsages and warblades.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-28, 12:11 PM
You could try a paladin. Pick up Spirited charge, get as many multipliers to critical or power attack as you can, and blast people with thousands of damage.

asphen fox
2007-11-29, 07:19 AM
MAybe... Since paladin IS one of the best classes to start a champion with... might as well do it... and not matter which class i take... I'll never qualify for the PrC... yet. :smallbiggrin: Suggestions to the multipliers for crits?

Amiria
2007-11-29, 01:15 PM
The problem with Paladin is that you need five levels to get the special mount but CoCR doesn't advance mount progression.

I'd take Paladin2/Warblade5 and take the Leadership or Wild Cohort feat to get a good mount. If you don't want ToB classes in the build, make it Paladin3/Fighter4 instead. Or Ranger2/Paladin3/Fighter2 for more skillful, in-touch-with-nature elf.