PDA

View Full Version : deleted

Robertus
2022-07-25, 05:27 AM
deleted deleted

Damon_Tor
2022-07-25, 05:36 AM
Well, if you have reason to think you'll be fighting a lot of undead, clerics are a natural choice. Also, there are campaign-specific reasons why having a cleric is important, which I won't spoil.

animorte
2022-07-25, 05:38 AM
Not knowing everyone’s intended subclass, I would likely take Druid. They’re probably a bit better at filling the role for some necessary skills that the rest of your party may not have. And they have reliable healing.

OR

Do both!
- Life Cleric 1/Shepherd Druid X: for awesome heals and summons. (Shepherd scales with Druid levels.)
- Stars Druid 2/Life Cleric X: for awesome heals and better blasting potential. (Stars scales with proficiency.)

Robertus
2022-07-25, 05:43 AM
deleted deleted

nickl_2000
2022-07-25, 05:51 AM
Honestly, whatever sounds the most fun to play overall. You will be fine with either.

meandean
2022-07-25, 08:32 AM
Maybe Knowledge Cleric there, you don't have a lot of skill usage. (I haven't played the adventure.)

clash
2022-07-25, 08:48 AM
Clerics are pretty clutch in curse of straud but you also already have a paladin which compensates for some if that. The added utility of the druid might be more valuable. But like others have said, play what you want

Sigreid
2022-07-25, 08:53 AM
Cleric, hands down.

KorvinStarmast
2022-07-25, 09:26 AM
Maybe Knowledge Cleric there, you don't have a lot of skill usage. (I haven't played the adventure.) Yes, let's look at the party so far:

A Paladin (Devotion) a
Monk (Ascendant Dragon) and
a Wizard (Transmutation) are my party members in curse of Strahd.
Knowledge cleric gets you that skill monkey. I played a 1/2 elf knowledge cleric through level 4 before the group broke up. It was a very good fit for our party (which had no rogue and no bard ...) and it was getting better as we went up in level.

animorte
2022-07-25, 09:42 AM
Clerics are pretty clutch in curse of straud but you also already have a paladin which compensates for some if that. The added utility of the druid might be more valuable. But like others have said, play what you want
This is exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe Knowledge Cleric there, you don't have a lot of skill usage. (I haven't played the adventure.)
However, this did not occur to me. Great idea.

Zuras
2022-07-26, 09:00 AM
If you’re looking at support characters in the broader sense, the Divine Soul sorcerer also provides a lot of the healing/support tools you’re looking for. It’s more limited in spell selection, but you can do stuff like twin Protection from Good and Evil, which no other class can manage.

Not that protection from mind control, possession, or attacks from unholy creatures is something that comes up in gothic horror.

Pildion
2022-07-26, 09:07 AM
NO SPOILERS PLEASE :) A Paladin (Devotion) a Monk (Ascendant Dragon) and a Wizard (Transmutation) are my party members in curse of Strahd. I want to play a class that can heal, which one should I take between Cleric and Druid? I have some experience with Clerics and it certainly is thematic, but I like the utility of the Druid. Which one would you recommend. any thoughts?

Theme wise, Cleric is really made for this setting. The only thing more fitting would be a Paladin. That said, the "what should I play" question is always dependent on what everyone else is playing as well. If you don't have something in mind you want to play yourself.