PDA

View Full Version : My paintings

Nameless
2007-11-28, 12:35 PM
The feedback I got for my grim reaper painting was awesome :smallbiggrin: so I've decided to post some of my other paintings :smalltongue:

This was my first ever painting which I did about a year ago now (sorry about the evil blur):

then I painted a self portrate of me from behined:

I wish I had an angel lalalalalalaaa ... okay I'll stop now :smalltongue:

I'm not sure what this is:smallbiggrin: :

And the Grim Reaper one :smallcool: :

This is some work I've been doing on Micromedia flash:

If I do anymore I'll put them up. :smalltongue:

Ichneumon
2007-11-28, 12:37 PM
I say it again. They are so great, I am speechless.

Lyinginbedmon
2007-11-28, 01:14 PM
Wonderful I must say

Nameless
2007-11-28, 01:18 PM
oh yeah well...

One is most gratefull for one's comments...

I can be all Mechafox too you no! know!

Illiterate Scribe
2007-11-28, 01:20 PM
Damn fien paintings. :smallsmile:

Oils, right?

JasonDoomsblade
2007-11-28, 01:41 PM
awesomeness!

Nameless
2007-11-28, 01:42 PM
@Scrib: yuppige :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2007-11-28, 03:43 PM
You know, those are pretty good, they've got a particular style to them that sets them apart. Paints are a bitch to work with, so I tip my hat to you sir :smallsmile:

Wraithy
2007-11-28, 04:36 PM
the grim reaper one is [insert positive swear word here]

Nameless
2007-11-28, 04:43 PM
You know, those are pretty good, they've got a particular style to them that sets them apart. Paints are a bitch to work with, so I tip my hat to you sir :smallsmile:

Can I have a hat?

Bayar
2007-11-28, 04:45 PM
the grim reaper one is [insert positive swear word here]

*Inserting: ****ing awesome !!!

banjo1985
2007-11-28, 04:55 PM
Can I have a hat?

Oh go on then...

*hands Nameless a big black top hat*

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-28, 04:58 PM
These are pretty dang good. I have to say the reaper one is by far the best though. Really, I loved that one.

Nameless
2007-11-28, 05:02 PM
Oh go on then...

*hands Nameless a big black top hat*

*Glee*

@Edward: I thankyou :smallsmile:

Kheal
2007-11-28, 05:07 PM
AMAZING! I wish I could paint like that... :smallfrown:

yoshi927
2007-11-28, 06:04 PM
Those are awesome. Reaper's the best. :smallsmile: My paintings are okay, but nothing this awesome.

Eita
2007-11-29, 03:39 AM
Awesomeness, thy name is Nameless.

Wait... What?

Nameless
2007-11-29, 05:40 AM
Iz haz noz namez.... Thatz iz whyz myz namez beginz withz a capitalz letterz

Nameless
2007-11-30, 09:47 AM
Here's that self portrate from behind I was talking about.
The quality has come out awefully so I'm sorry, I think this is because 1: it's quite thick paint and it reflected the flash funny. 2: the lighting in the room wasn't very good when I took the picture just now. :smalltongue:
This was done a few months ago now :smalltongue:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/selfportratefrombehindinoils.jpg

Lyinginbedmon
2007-11-30, 09:57 AM
Have you had a haircut since then? Not that I'm really one to talk, with a foot-long ponytail and all...

Hoggy
2007-11-30, 10:03 AM
His arms are crossed to hide that fact that Nameless really does have boobies.

Nameless
2007-11-30, 10:07 AM
Have you had a haircut since then? Not that I'm really one to talk, with a foot-long ponytail and all...

It's longer now :smalltongue:

Nameless
2007-11-30, 01:11 PM
This isn't really a painting but it's my first "realistic" computer drawing that I finished today that I coppied of this one:

http://www.gamejunkie.com/tournaments/halo2/images/master_chief2.jpg

I'm still pracicing so maybe one day I'll be better eventually. :smalltongue:

The background was just some other picture that I smugged and blurred.

Teehee, kinda looks like a stencil. :smalltongue:

boomwolf
2007-11-30, 01:42 PM
these are really OoMS (out of my style) but its good. really good.

Serpentine
2007-11-30, 11:21 PM
I can't say it's a style I particularly like (thought the Death one is pretty gorgeous...), but it's definitely Art, of the type frequently trading hands for ridiculous amounts of money and hung up in a gallery somewhere.

JasonDoomsblade
2007-12-01, 07:20 AM
This isn't really a painting but it's my first "realistic" computer drawing that I finished today that I coppied of this one:

http://www.gamejunkie.com/tournaments/halo2/images/master_chief2.jpg

I'm still pracicing so maybe one day I'll be better eventually. :smalltongue:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/MasterCheif.png

The background was just some other picture that I smugged and blurred.

Teehee, kinda looks like a stencil. :smalltongue:

Thats really cool. It reminds me of a hand drawn version of said picture I made a few years ago. If I had a scanner, I could show you, but sadly I dont.:smallfrown:

Nameless
2007-12-01, 07:24 AM
Thats really cool. It reminds me of a hand drawn version of said picture I made a few years ago. If I had a scanner, I could show you, but sadly I dont.:smallfrown:

Take a picture of it on a digi cam and upload it on :smallsmile:

I'd you don't have one then do what I do... nick someone elses :smallbiggrin:

And thanks. I couldn't be bothered with all the gun details so I just did the outline and made colourd it in all black :smalltongue:

Nameless
2007-12-01, 02:49 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/Dragon.png

Lyinginbedmon
2007-12-01, 02:59 PM
Incendulus is looking pretty darn good there... :smalleek:

Nameless
2007-12-01, 03:19 PM
Thankees :smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2007-12-02, 09:01 AM
Not quite as much detail as the dragon, but that doesn't matter... does it... :smallmad:

Every true nerd knows where this is... if you don't then that is because of 2 reasons. 1- You're not a nerd, congratualtions. 2- My picture needs to be re-done:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/Mordor.png

Serpentine
2007-12-02, 09:17 AM
Was that dragon done from scratch? If so, it's pretty damn cool.
(if not, I'd have to see the original and find out how you did it...)

Nameless
2007-12-02, 09:22 AM
I coppied it, I posted the original on ABR, but here it is again:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/black-dragons-backgrounds.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/Dragon.png

The fact that my one is at night was done on purpos, but my cloud formations and some of the dragon detail I couldn't get in the right place and I really can't be bothered to do it all over again :smalltongue:
If you look at the 2, you can see my mistakes... which is why I didn't post it

It's basectly my interpritaion, I don't really like to coppy unless I have to for school work.

Serpentine
2007-12-02, 09:27 AM
Ah. Not so impressive then...
If you're interested in colouring, have you looked around comic art forums and Deviantart for artists in need of colourers and inkers? I get the impression they're in fairly high demand.

Nameless
2007-12-02, 09:32 AM
Ah. Not so impressive then...
If you're interested in colouring, have you looked around comic art forums and Deviantart for artists in need of colourers and inkers? I get the impression they're in fairly high demand.

I think we've all learnt something today... drawing with a mouse is annoying and takes time... especially when your coppeing something and you want it too look the same... Get a drawing tablet! :smalltongue: Much more acurate!
Or even better... some sort of online tracing paper... That would be so awesome! ... It really would be exactly the same...

Seriously I wish I had one....

Nameless
2007-12-02, 10:33 AM
And to actually reply to your comment, thanks, but I douped they will take on a 15 year old to do their jobs when they can get someone with much more experiance. :smalltongue:

Pyro
2007-12-02, 08:37 PM
These are really cool. I like the style you have. Its very Van Gogh. I literally thought Starry Night when I saw the Grim Reaper.

Nameless
2007-12-07, 01:51 PM
These are really cool. I like the style you have. Its very Van Gogh. I literally thought Starry Night when I saw the Grim Reaper.

Although I don't really like Van Gogh, I thankyou very much :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Here's that Races Of Eberron piece I did a while back ago, you might need to brighten your screan to see som eof the detail.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/RacesOfEberron.png

I got the knee wrong though... :smallannoyed:

Ava
2007-12-07, 02:50 PM
I like how impressionistic they are... however, the hard edges and outlines detract from the impressionistic feel. I think you should make the edges less defined... if you need to, use pencil to define the edges, then erase and just draw the lights and shadows and colors.

You can practice by drawing only highlights or only shadows of objects, or only values, then bring it all together.

Nameless
2007-12-07, 02:54 PM
Are talking about the paintings or the computer ones?

AKA_Bait
2007-12-07, 04:49 PM
If you weren't 15 I would totally try to recruit you to do the artwork for my tarot deck.

Nameless
2007-12-07, 05:12 PM
If you weren't 15 I would totally try to recruit you to do the artwork for my tarot deck.

Note to self: Lie about age. :smalltongue:

Nameless
2007-12-11, 11:37 AM
I'm doing my mock GCSE in art in next week, it's a 10 hour painting and I'm hopeing to do well.

If it comes out half decent, I'll see if I can take a pic and post it up, but when I post it up depends on when I get it back. :smalltongue:

Pyro
2007-12-11, 09:22 PM
Although I don't really like Van Gogh, I thankyou very much :smallbiggrin:

NOT LIKE VAN GOGH! Heresy I say!

JasonDoomsblade
2007-12-11, 09:28 PM
He still makes good paintings. They kickass.

Nameless
2007-12-12, 05:36 AM
Agreed Jason, Van Gogh is awesome... Just not my style. :smallcool:

Lyinginbedmon
2007-12-12, 05:55 AM
He still makes good paintings. They kickass.

Um..."makes"?

Serpentine
2007-12-12, 06:12 AM
And to actually reply to your comment, thanks, but I douped they will take on a 15 year old to do their jobs when they can get someone with much more experiance. :smalltongue:Heheh, "douped"... *ahem* I got the suggestion from Goff, and he seemed to think that they were running short of colourers, so it could still be worth a try.

Nameless
2007-12-12, 07:45 AM
*conciders getting a fake ID*
MWohaaa

Nameless
2007-12-13, 02:22 PM
This isn't my best piece, but I saved my original sketch this time. :smallbiggrin:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/IMG-3.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/hoodedman.png

It's kinda difficult to tell, but the robes are supposed to be just solid, and the fog is supposed to be taking the shape of a man inside the robes.

Nameless
2007-12-14, 05:14 PM
I think I'm getting a bit better with my detail... although I blured the zombie at the back too much...

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/Necromancer.png

In other news... I like hooded figures. :smallcool:

And Serpentine, Who is Goff? :smallconfused:

Serpentine
2007-12-15, 12:37 AM
A fellow forumite, aka the bf.
I don't suppose you'd consider noting which of your pieces are re-dos (or whatever they should be called), would you? It'd make it easier to know what to notice and/or praise...

The hooded fog-dude looks pretty great.

Nameless
2007-12-15, 03:20 AM
Oh sorry:

Dragon - redo only on compter

Mordor - Looked at a photo, sketched it first and colourd on computer

Races Of Eberon- found the picture on computer, sketched out and colourd on computer

Hooded Fog Man- Imagenery figure, sketched out and colour on computer

Necro- coppied only on computer.

Nameless
2007-12-20, 12:13 PM
Here it is. :smallsmile:
This is the mock exam painting I was talking about, unfrotunatly, I didn't have enough time to finish it, I didn't do the legs, or the background, it was supposed to be my dad... but the whole demonical thing took over :smallbiggrin:
And... sorry about the size...
EDIT: fixed the size

Me painting it from behind, and someone took a picture without me knowing untill just now, this was at sketching stage: :smallannoyed:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/mockspaintings.jpg

Lyinginbedmon
2007-12-20, 12:20 PM
There are two options to this one:
Your dad should be flattered to be used in such a well-done manner
Someone should suggest psychological counselling...

@V Most people consider it a worrying concept if you take a portrait of your father and inadvertantly transiform them into a demon :smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2007-12-20, 12:23 PM
There are two options to this one:
Your dad should be flattered to be used in such a well-done manner
Someone should suggest psychological counselling...

Gee, your always so nice to me... :smallannoyed: :smallwink:

Edit: Also, I know the skin is a bit off, but it's my first time doing skintone as I don't usualy draw Humans in this style... I usualy go for other types of beings :smallbiggrin:

EDIT II: Good news is my teacher said I'll have time to finish the legs and the background after christamas. :smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2007-12-20, 12:52 PM
@V: But Demons are foonkeh!

And it's a skeleton demon to be more acurate. :smallbiggrin:

Omicroncubed
2007-12-20, 01:00 PM
That's odd... :smallconfused: I thought I had posted a comment here but I haven't... What's gotten into me :smalltongue:

Those are awesome nameless

And nameless, @V Means you're talking to the person below you. In other words you just said 'but demons are foonkeh' at me without me even talking about them so I don't think you should put that before there's a post below your post... unless of course you did it on purpose.

Nameless
2007-12-20, 01:03 PM
That's odd... :smallconfused: I thought I had posted a comment here but I haven't... What's gotten into me :smalltongue:

Those are awesome nameless

And nameless, @V Means you're talking to the person below you. In other words you just said 'but demons are foonkeh' at me without me even talking about them so I don't think you should put that before there's a post below your post... unless of course you did it on purpose.

Oh... I just put it in because all the cool kids are doing it. :smallcool: