PDA

View Full Version : World Help I finally have something; Cooperative world-building

Psyche
2022-07-28, 03:55 PM
So here it is:
I don't have anything much, but here are the gods for this world.
There are 3 tiers of god: Risen, Chosen, and Pantheonal, and one side category called Talos
Risen Gods: "They rule over all on their lofty thrones, they say HE chose them out of the Divine chaff. These are unique, these are mighty. The Risen rule all; the Chosen are indeed great but these, these are true power." - Toll Von Kien
You may recognize a few names here that I hope aren't copyrighted:
Asmodeus: LE God of tyranny
"He rules the nine hells from his throne of bones, be wary, deceit is his only way, and his lies are sweet. Face him down anger him, though, and his wrath, let me tell you, it will not go well for you." - Fierna
Bahamut: NG God of Metallic dragons
"He's kind, He's gentle, He's a hard worker, He's handsome, He's whimsical, He has a great sense of humor, He's strong, He's fast, He's wise, He's smart, He's charming. What's not to love?" - Fizban the fabulous
Correllon: CG God of Artistry
"I am the rush of a brook, the soft wind on your cheek, the kiss of your lover, the pink sky, the silver tree; the great seducer they call me. No, I simply like a little fun." - Correllon
Raven Queen: CN God of Darkness
"You do not know her. Trust me, you're better off this way." -Lucifer the Shad'ar Ki
Selune: CG God of moonlight
" Soft and sweet she is; but what lies under the surface, no one can find. She is a mystery, and think I like her that way." - Correlon
Tiamat: LE God of Greed
"I DESERVE TO RULE ASMODEUS, I am a god, what gives you the right as rule of this thrice damned world to decide MY PLACE. I have power, and you will find yourself on the wrong end of it some day!"
Jergal: LN God of Death
"He knows all that the dead know, he writes it in his book of secrets. Steal that, and you have everything you could ever want to know." - Nebirith of The Library of Redeemed of Carceri
Lathandar: NG God of Honesty and the Dawn
"He watches over us all." -High Priest Handler Snape

meandean
2022-07-28, 04:05 PM
That's how most of my projects go too.

Notafish
2022-07-28, 04:19 PM
First, let me recommend the Oblique Strategies: http://stoney.sb.org/eno/oblique.html YMMV.

Some Strategies that might be relevant to campaign design and worldbuilding:

-One dot at a time
-Accretion
-What is the "reality" of the situation?
-What to increase? What to reduce?
-Don't be frightened of cliches

More pointedly (these are my questions not Oblique Strategies), what are the things in your hoped-for setting that need description? Plot hooks? Creation Myths and cosmology? Things to set your setting apart from others? Are you working with a certain game system or genre?

Bohandas
2022-07-28, 05:02 PM
I had stuff, I just forgot how to copy it.

ctrl+c and ctrl+v and then worry about formatting it correctly afterward