PDA

View Full Version : The Qu Tribe! Hail Quina!(Peach)

Guyr Adamantine
2007-11-28, 02:55 PM

Cruxador
2007-11-28, 03:10 PM
It dosn't look like it really needs level adjustment to me. maybe +1, but then it'd be a real bad deal stat-wise.

Guyr Adamantine
2007-11-28, 03:14 PM
I thought so, but needed some backup on it. I tried to nerf the Swallow Whole ability, and I think it ended up fairly good.

Baron Corm
2007-11-28, 03:32 PM
Why doesn't their digestion deal damage? What you have there doesn't make much sense...

Also, I would get rid of the Charisma penalty. The only justification you have in the entire thing is "Qu make poor diplomats". I think you really just put it in for balance?

So with normal Swallow Whole, no Cha penalty, up the Constitution bonus to +4 (seems like it fits them), and Powerful Build, which really doesn't belong on an LA +0 race, and you could have them as a happy LA +1. I've been told before that I suck at LA though, so take that with a grain of salt..

Guyr Adamantine
2007-11-28, 03:43 PM
Why doesn't their digestion deal damage? What you have there doesn't make much sense...
In fact, I just wanted them to be able to deal the eating technique from the games, without being overpowered.

Also, I would get rid of the Charisma penalty. The only justification you have in the entire thing is "Qu make poor diplomats". I think you really just put it in for balance?
Have you played FF9? Those aren't really the influential type, and with a face like this, Charisma goes boom!

So with normal Swallow Whole, no Cha penalty, up the Constitution bonus to +4 (seems like it fits them), and Powerful Build, which really doesn't belong on an LA +0 race, and you could have them as a happy LA +1. I've been told before that I suck at LA though, so take that with a grain of salt..
1.Swallow Whole is more a guideline than precise rules, so I created my own effect.
2.Cha, see up there.
3.Being Large is not that powerful, same goes for Powerful Build.

Karma Guard
2007-11-29, 03:05 AM
Oh hey it's my class. :smallsmile:

I'd say a +1 LA, maybe +0 if you remove Swallow Whole and give them an ability like 'Eat Anything(Ex): A Qu has +4 to fort saves v. Ingested poison. They also don't get sick from eating nonfood objects' or something like that.

Guyr Adamantine
2007-11-29, 08:55 AM
*Edited Swallow Whole and Fluff Text

Guyr Adamantine
2007-12-31, 10:22 PM
Edited the stats, so post!

Proven_Paradox
2008-01-01, 02:39 AM
As-is, it's too strong for LA 0 but too weak for LA 1. I suggest you move things either one way or the other; someone suggested giving constitution +4, which I think would go nicely for making it a solid LA 1 race, and it fits in with the theme well. If you want to turn it into LA 0, perhaps you could make it a normal humanoid. This would put them back into the running for Charm Person and such. Doing that and maybe getting ride of either swallow whole or powerful build would be about right for LA 0, I think. If you lose powerful build, you can just say in the swallow whole text that they count as large size for swallowing whole.