PDA

View Full Version : Broken DS

Dave Rapp
2007-11-28, 05:33 PM
So, I broke my DS.

http://www.lq-comic.com/images/brokends1.png

http://www.lq-comic.com/images/brokends2.png

The DS still works and all, it's just that the plastic hinge thing has broken. The warranty only lasts a year, so I can't send it in to Nintendo for repairs. Does anybody know of a good way to fix it? Preferably something more than just superglue or something like that.

KBF
2007-11-28, 08:20 PM
DS(es) can break?!?! :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek:

Looks like you really did a number on it. I know you posted pictures, but is anything actually cracked, or is it just off it's hinge?

Dave Rapp
2007-11-28, 10:07 PM
The loop-ish part of the hinge that goes around the rod-ish part broke. A piece of the loop-ish bit actually broke all the way off, so now I have kind of a half circle instead of the full loop. If that makes any sense.

Basically I need a way to reattach the broken piece of the loop-ish part, so that I have a full circle again.

KBF
2007-11-28, 10:22 PM
I think the only answers you will get are glue, super glue, gorilla glue, duct tape and febreeze.

EDIT:

PS: Good comic.

Green Dragon
2007-11-29, 07:48 AM
:smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: *screams*
Not another victim! I thought I was going to be the only one with that problem. Hey mate, just make sure that the rod thing doesn't pull out. On my DS Lite, I could bend the top screen ALL THE WAY over the touch screen:smallfrown:. My normal DS, the top screen went from inverting colors to switching between whiting out, inverting colors, and normal, to COMPLETELY WHITED OUT!:smalleek: :smalleek: So, can you answer me this, do you still have the little broken ring part? I probably won't be able to answer until Monday. If you still have the ring, you can just super glue it! Let it dry, and then VIOLA!!!! Enjoy your un-broken/fixed DS!

P.S.: (What game are you playing?)

Shikton
2007-11-29, 07:59 AM
You could probably get Nintendo to fix it, but it'll cost ya. Startup fee, part(s), work fee and shipping.

Crispy Dave
2007-11-29, 11:08 AM
gamestop might fix it

Skippy
2007-11-29, 01:20 PM
Just so you know, it works exactly the same. Mine is like that as well.

Dave Rapp
2007-11-29, 09:47 PM
:smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: *screams*
Not another victim! I thought I was going to be the only one with that problem. Hey mate, just make sure that the rod thing doesn't pull out. On my DS Lite, I could bend the top screen ALL THE WAY over the touch screen:smallfrown:. My normal DS, the top screen went from inverting colors to switching between whiting out, inverting colors, and normal, to COMPLETELY WHITED OUT!:smalleek: :smalleek: So, can you answer me this, do you still have the little broken ring part? I probably won't be able to answer until Monday. If you still have the ring, you can just super glue it! Let it dry, and then VIOLA!!!! Enjoy your un-broken/fixed DS!

P.S.: (What game are you playing?)

I still have the ring, but I was hoping for something more inventive than just superglue. Superglue tends to leave an ugly residue. And it's not a game, it's a weird reflection.

You could probably get Nintendo to fix it, but it'll cost ya. Startup fee, part(s), work fee and shipping.

Yep, they'll fix my problem for the generous price of $75. Not worth it. If I'm going to spend that much, I'll just go the whole 9 yards and get a DS Lite. :smallannoyed:

gamestop might fix it

Maybe, but I doubt it'll be free. If anything they'll probably charge even more than Nintendo. :smallyuk:

Zakama
2007-11-30, 01:14 AM
Maybe if you bridged the gap with something, then glued that in place? If you do it right, it should still swivel.

TheOOB
2007-11-30, 01:39 AM
Glue could probally fix it, you just need something quite strong. expoy might do the trick, just don't get it on anything you don't want stuck together forever.