PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Need help creating artifacts of the Cat Lords (Tabaxi)

Naeris
2022-08-02, 01:05 AM
I have a Tabaxi Druid player who's new to DnD and she wants to reunite her kingdom which lies in ruins for over 500 years. That kingdom is Payit in Maztica (Forgotten Realms), where I replaced humans with tabaxies as the most common people, but there are human invaders from both east and west. So once the three items are reunited and new ruler proclaimed, catfolk will be ready to unite under one banner and seek it's independence, as they are now in state of roaming tribes.

I decided there are going to be three items which if successfully attuned to, will signify one's worthiness.

There is one I made up already:
Yarn Ball of Monarch (name will probably change): At the castle ceremony, it is supposed to roll over to the one who is worthy. If no one is worthy it will lay dormant.
I will also give it other magical effects or boons like expertise in persuasion or permanent bonus to intelligence plus spells.

What could other two's be? I'd like one of them to be staff or similar.

ShedShadow
2022-08-02, 05:55 AM
I am going to assume this is a 5e game, in which case this would be better suited under the dnd 5e subforum

Pauly
2022-08-02, 03:52 PM
Scratching post of Son Wukong (Monkey King).
Basically Monkey’s staff which is a magical staff that can change size at will. The backstory being after the Tabaxi king acquired the staff he installed as a scratching post not realizing it was a weapon.

KorvinStarmast
2022-08-02, 04:11 PM
I have a Tabaxi Druid player who's new to DnD and she wants to reunite her kingdom which lies in ruins for over 500 years. That kingdom is Payit in Maztica (Forgotten Realms), where I replaced humans with tabaxies as the most common people, but there are human invaders from both east and west. So once the three items are reunited and new ruler proclaimed, catfolk will be ready to unite under one banner and seek it's independence, as they are now in state of roaming tribes.

I decided there are going to be three items which if successfully attuned to, will signify one's worthiness.

There is one I made up already:
Yarn Ball of Monarch (name will probably change): At the castle ceremony, it is supposed to roll over to the one who is worthy. If no one is worthy it will lay dormant.
I will also give it other magical effects or boons like expertise in persuasion or permanent bonus to intelligence plus spells.

What could other two's be? I'd like one of them to be staff or similar.
The Scepter, Orb, and Crown become

The Scratching Post of (Deity) - other than stress relief (immunity to fear, insanity, and confusion) it permits advantage on insight checks since excess energy has been burned off.

The Furball of (Deity) or The Yarn Ball of Joy - +5 to saving throws versus {something}

The Flea Collar of (Deity) - Immune to Diseases, free use of Identify each day

Catnip is of course used ceremonially at every formal investiture. :smallcool:

Pauly
2022-08-02, 10:09 PM
Je Heri: the rubber golem
Created by the ancient wizard Hana the Barbaric.
Made out of compressed rubber and is functionally indestructible. After any damage that reduces it to zero wounds it is out of action for D6 rounds then return at full HP. Only vulnerable to acid damage.
Has the skills of a level 11 rogue - acrobatics, sleight of hand, lockpicking, improved dodge, imrpoved evasion etc.
Is small roughly 6 inches high. Does a maximum of 1 damage on a successful hit, but this damage can be increased with backstab multipliers.
Is designed in the shape of a mouse.
Has intelligence and can communicate through gestures, but cannot speak.

There are legends of another rubber golem in the size and shape of a Tabaxi warrior named Thom (the ancient pronunciation of which is with a silent “h” not a soft “th” as in modern practice).

Unfortunately Thom and Je Heri were animated by incompatible magic and were fated to battle for eternity.

Naeris
2022-08-03, 01:15 AM
The Flea Collar of (Deity) - Immune to Diseases, free use of Identify each day
:
I like the idea of free identify every day, she will definitely need it.

DCraw
2022-08-03, 09:17 PM
While not proving worthiness, this one could be a fun fourth side-quest item:

The wand/staff of The Red Dot. There are legends of of an infamous bandit known only as "The Red Dot". S/He was known for leading merchant caravans astray on wooded trails, separating them from their guards, ambushing them, and then disappearing without a trace. The merchant guild put out eye-watering bounties and the King dispatched his best hunters and guards, but none could ever pin the bastard down. Most found themselves lost in the wilderness that the Red Dot claimed as their own, many never to return.

The wand/staff of The Red Dot:
Wonderous item. Staff or Wand. Requires attunement.
3/Day: Invisibility (or Greater Invisibility, depending on the level of your campaign)
At will: Prestidigitation, Minor Illusion, (possibly Mage Hand, but that might be too much)