PDA

View Full Version : Homunculus servant, dragon's breath

Snig
2022-08-02, 12:12 PM
I thought it was a given that the homiculous servant would be able to benefit from having dragons breath cast on it, however after carefully reading it's description I'm not so sure it's able to use any actions other than the ones listed on its step block, which reads....

In combat, the homunculus shares your initiative count, but it takes its turn immediately after yours. It can move and use its reaction on its own, but the only action it takes on its turn is the Dodge action, unless you take a bonus action on your turn to command it to take the action in its stat block or the Dash, Disengage, Help, Hide, or Search action.

Anybody have an opinion or thoughts on this?

stoutstien
2022-08-02, 12:14 PM
I thought it was a given that the homiculous servant would be able to benefit from having dragons breath cast on it, however after carefully reading it's description I'm not so sure it's able to use any actions other than the ones listed on its step block, which reads....

In combat, the homunculus shares your initiative count, but it takes its turn immediately after yours. It can move and use its reaction on its own, but the only action it takes on its turn is the Dodge action, unless you take a bonus action on your turn to command it to take the action in its stat block or the Dash, Disengage, Help, Hide, or Search action.

Anybody have an opinion or thoughts on this?

The lasted version clears this up by changing the wording to "another action"

Snig
2022-08-02, 12:16 PM
The lasted version clears this up by changing the wording to "another action"

Don't suppose you'd have a link or know where to find the most recent update?

tokek
2022-08-06, 05:46 PM
Don't suppose you'd have a link or know where to find the most recent update?

In combat, the homunculus shares your initiative count, but it takes its turn immediately after yours. It can move and use its reaction on its own, but the only action it takes on its turn is the Dodge action, unless you take a bonus action on your turn to command it to take another action. That action can be one in its stat block or some other action. If you are incapacitated, the homunculus can take any action of its choice, not just Dodge.

On Beyond which incorporated the new wording from Tashas

https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/tcoe/artificer#HomunculusServant