PDA

View Full Version : FF Hack-'Em-Up [IC]



Tortoise262
2007-11-28, 07:03 PM
The world is veiled in darkness. The wind stops, the sea is wild, and the earth begins to rot. The people wait, their only hope, a prophecy....

"When the world is in darkness, Four Eight Warriors will come...."

After a long journey, four eight young warriors arrive, each half of them holding an ORB.

Okay, here are the rules. Please read them before posting. I want everything to look smooth on this thread, so here's what I want: First of all, turn off your signature when you post on this thread. Sometimes they are really distracting (especially TheMeanDM's!) Everything that you type that is not in character should be contained within a spoiler. This includes dices rolls and explanations of the mechanics you are using. I would like to see a physical description of what you're doing, in order to add flavor. For example, you may type something like "Joe summons all of his strength and swings his axe around at the blahblahblah" then in the spoiler write "Greataxe, Power Attack (5), <attack roll>, <damage roll>" Roll damage along with attack rolls in order to speed things up. Also, if you're using some ability or spell, include in the spoiler what it does, how long it persists, and what you targeting, what the saving throw is (i.e. "Fort DC 17 negates" or whatever). Feel free to have your characters converse, using green text. I'll use blue text for allied/neutral NPCs and creatures, and red text for evil characters and other hostile creatures (even if they're not engaging you in combat.) If something is hostile and I don't want you to know it's hostile, I'll use blue :wink:

I made a website to draw out strategic movement and such, so if your action includes moving or targeting an area, refer to the coordinates on the grid. Lastly, I don't mind if you make short OOC comments in a spoiler, but if it's long (use discretion) or it's an ongoing discussion, use the OOC Board. Also, continue to use the OOC board for rolling HP.

LINKS:
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3575057)
Battle Grid (http://crossproduct.mygamesonline.org/dnd.php)

Tarnak Vance (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=2142) (big sword fighter)
Layla Norbert (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=32997) (warlock)
Cain (http://rustmonster.net/sheet/?view=0fee419824d343a450e50cc4aa6e5f8c) (nunchaku fighter)
Randell the Red (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=2147) (bard)
Matthias Ellerian (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33026) (archery-type ranger)
Mineck (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=35685) (wizard)
Katsuchiyo (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33037) (monk)
Argin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=33140) (rogue/cleric)

Tortoise262
2007-11-28, 07:32 PM
When the Light Warriors arrive at Corneria Castle, King Stever is distressed. "Light Warriors! You have come not a moment too soon! Garland has just run off with Princess Sara! He must have taken her to the Temple of Fiends, his lair northwest of here!" Before the party can utter a word about their quest to save the world, King Steve's guard ushers them out of the castle. If they want to convince the King to commission the bridge across North River, it looks like they'll have to save his daughter!

Not long after the Light Warriors leave the city walls of Corneria, they meet with a band of 8 kobolds. The kobolds are hostile and look ready to strike!

Initiative:
Kobold A [roll0]
Kobold B [roll1]
Kobold C [roll2]
Kobold D [roll3]
Kobold E [roll4]
Kobold F [roll5]
Kobold G [roll6]
Kobold H [roll7]

Players, roll initiative!

Zimmia
2007-11-28, 07:50 PM
Layla

Layla tilts her head to one side, her eyes narrowing. "You all might want to just run away now or you're going to be so screwed," she shouts to them even as an eldrich orb begins to form in her hand.

Init: [roll0]

Dorizzit
2007-11-28, 07:52 PM
Tarnak reacts slowly to the danger. When he does, he brings his sword, which he had slung his sword over his back, down with a sweeping gesture. Raising it, he dashes forward towards the nearest kobold, slamming his sword down in a mighty strike.


On my turn, charge and attack:

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

mogarth
2007-11-28, 08:40 PM
Cain say nothing. He glances at the Kobolds not think them to be much of a challenge if one at all. Cain rolls his shoulders and pulls out his Nunchaku.

Initiative [roll0]

webgem
2007-11-28, 09:00 PM
Argin rushes foreward, somewhat overeagerly and takes a shot at kobold H with his crossbow.


[roll0] init
[roll1] to hit
[roll2] dam + [roll3] if sneak attack

oh yeah, moves to h4 first...yeah its silly for the person with lowest hp to pop out nearly into the fray, but Argin is a little new to this mass combat thing. and attacking kobold h

hamstard4ever
2007-11-28, 09:19 PM
Randell nods his head towards Layla. "I'd listen to the lady if I were you." he says, advancing.

He pauses thoughtfully, hefting his sword. "Come to mention it, if I was one of you ugly little buggers I'd probably just stick a sword in myself and be done with it. Seems it'd be less trouble that way." With a shrug he darts ahead, lunging at the closest kobold with his rapier.

OOC: What are your preferences on posting actions in advance? With 8 players it would be pretty slow to wait for everyone's individual initiative one at a time.

Initiative: [roll0]

hamstard4ever
2007-11-28, 09:53 PM
Whoops, left off my actual action. Randell advances towards the kobolds: move to E6, or as close to there as possible, and if he's able to reach any kobolds there he will attack: attack roll [roll0], damage [roll1].

faithfreebible
2007-11-28, 10:37 PM
Drawing his bow, Matthias swiftly and silently fires off two arrows.




Initiative: 1d20+4
rapid shot feat, full attack 2 shots at kobold F:
shot 1: 1d20 + 7 (AB) -2 (rapid shot) = 1d20+5
damage: 1d8 1d8
shot 2: 1d20 + 7 (AB) -2 (rapid shot) = 1d20+5
damage: 1d8 1d8

ok, this is weird. anyone know why my rolls arent working? i've tried [roll], [ROLL], and [DICE]
ignore all that, it showd because i tried to preview the post, its all better in my next post

Zimmia
2007-11-28, 10:39 PM
I forgot to post my action too (oops):
Move to H11 and lob an eldrich orb at kobold 'D'
Ranged touch attack [roll0] for d6 damage [roll1]

mogarth
2007-11-28, 11:11 PM
Cain moves in to position waiting for the kobolds to strike at him first. Nunchaku spinning in anticipation.

[spoiler]Didnt post my actions either. I move to C8 and wait till a kobold moves close to me [\spoiler]

faithfreebible
2007-11-28, 11:32 PM
Initiative: [roll0]
rapid shot feat, full attack 2 shots at kobold F:
shot 1: 1d20 + 7 (AB) -2 (rapid shot) = [roll1]
damage: 1d8 [roll2]
shot 2: 1d20 + 7 (AB) -2 (rapid shot) = [roll3]
damage: 1d8 [roll4]

faithfreebible
2007-11-28, 11:39 PM
my crit is x3 with the longbow
crit: [roll0]
2 extra d8's for damage if it hits: [roll1]
remember to add the original 5 damage if 20 is a hit, total of 20 dmg

Tortoise262
2007-11-28, 11:47 PM
Layla's attack flies over the kobolds' heads. Two of the monsters from the back row run up and shoot at Tarnak with their slings.

C to E3, sling attack [roll0], [roll1]
B to F2, sling attack [roll2], [roll3]
Both bullets rebound off of his armor, leaving Tarnak undaunted!

The kobold in front side-steps Argin's bolt!

Tortoise262
2007-11-29, 12:02 AM
Another kobold emerges from behind and fires at Cain!
A to D3, sling attack [roll0], [roll1]
His bullet flies several feet away from Cain.

Tortoise262
2007-11-29, 12:09 AM
One kobold rushes out of the pack and charges at Tarnak with a spear!
G to H6, charging with spear[roll0], [roll1]
"Eep!" The kobold stops dead, too nervous to strike!

One of Matthias's arrows sinks deep into a kobold's chest. It falls over, dead.

Tortoise262
2007-11-29, 12:27 AM
Another pair of kobolds charge forward with spears!
H to C7 charges Cain [roll0], [roll1]
E to D5 charges Cain [roll2], [roll3]
Both kobolds miss by a mile!

Tarnak, not even needing to charge, annihilates the kobold in front of him!

Tortoise262
2007-11-29, 12:33 AM
"GRRAAAAAH!!" The last kobold runs up and attempts to stab Cain!
spear charge, [roll0], [roll1]
"...Uh-oh..."

Okay, it's now initiative count 1, and we're waiting for the wiz and the monk. From now on, just post actions on your turn. You can look at the initiative chart, and if you're waiting for another player, and there aren't any monsters in between, you can make your move (this means that Layla may go now)

TheMeanDM
2007-11-29, 09:31 AM
Sorry folks, didn't find the IC thread until just now :P


The silent and quiet monk with the scarred face leaps into action.

With a mighty shout, the seemingly unarmed man rushes up to the remaining kobold, and before the creature can react, unleashes a palm strike directly into the creature's nose.

A gush of sickly looking kobold blood sprays backward as the creature's nose is smashed into a bloody pulp.


rolls made in the OOC thread, copied here:

initiative, round 2 (maybe 1?), I suppose:

(1d20+2)[18]

Attack:
(1d20+3)[22]

If hits, damage:
(1d6+2)[8]

Tortoise262
2007-11-29, 05:58 PM
The kobold falls to the ground before he knew what hit him, then groans his last painful groan.

faithfreebible
2007-11-29, 10:59 PM
in case you skip ff fanboy...
I'm posting early


Without a moments hesitation, Matthias contInues his deadly barrage, 2 more arrows streak out at the 2 closest kobolds


kobolds C, H, and E are all within 30 ft, and A might move within 30 ft of me before my action. these attacks are assuming 2 are within 30 ft of me. if only one is, i will reroll the second attack, if neither are, i will reroll both.
attack at closest kobold [roll0]
damage to closest kobold [roll1]
attack to second closest kobold [roll2]
damage to second closest kobold [roll3]
EDIT: oh that's lame, i think i just killed some grass, maybe a flower... wanna rule that i posted too early, so it doesnt count and i HAVE to try again?
no?
phooey!

Tortoise262
2007-11-29, 11:59 PM
I'm waiting for Black Mage and Layla to go. It's the end of round 1/beginning of round 2. You guys can save your moves on the battle grid now! See the OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3575057) for more info!

Fan
2007-11-30, 08:44 AM
Okay I'm going to cast magic missle at the closest kolbold
and just look really angry at the people who forgot to wake me from my nap.

Fan
2007-11-30, 08:45 AM
oops forgot damage 1d4+1

Fan
2007-11-30, 08:46 AM
wtf is wrong with my keyboard
[roll0]this dam,age is assinged to le kobold H to help the poor guy with 2 on him. oh and before he does that he says
eh oh kobolds again hrmmmphf magic missle. [realizeing the combat.]
Now who's job was it to wake me up from my nap!
alrighty I killed a koblod I'm so special
oh and then i move 20 feet forward to get alook at how many are left and

TheMeanDM
2007-11-30, 01:28 PM
The monk takes a quick step forward toward the next kobold in line. Pulling back his fist, he thrusts forward into the chest of the enemy creature.


from ooc board. Kat takes a move action to engage the next kobold.

Rolling init for round 2:
(1d20+2)[16]
attack:
(1d20+3)[11]
damage if hits:
(1d6+2)[8]

splat!

Zimmia
2007-11-30, 07:11 PM
Layla

sorry didn't realize we were into round 2, must have missed the go-ahead and was stuck in project hades most of the day today

"See, I told you that you should have just run away - kobold-kabobs for everyone," Layla jeers with a smirk.

Move to G8 and lob an Eldrich blast at Kobold 'A'.
To hit: [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Tortoise262
2007-11-30, 07:18 PM
The kobold in back takes it in the face and looks ready to fall over. Then, the kobold next to him gives Katsuchiyo a poke with his spear!
[roll0],[roll1]
Katsuchiyo's 6th sense kicks in and warns him of the attack in time to dodge!
Now, Cain and Argin will go in whatever order their players post

mogarth
2007-11-30, 08:38 PM
Cain takes a step over so as to have the Kobold facing him. Hes arms flex as he goes to attack with his Nunchaku. The spinning handles get faster and faster and then he STRIKES right left!!!

Cain takes a 5 foot step into C7
and attack the kobold

1d20+4
1d20+1

damage rolls

1d6+3
1d6+1

If the kobold dosent die I select my dodge bonus on him

Tortoise262
2007-11-30, 09:00 PM
Rolling for Mogarth to save time. Next time you roll, DON'T click preview first!
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
...k, still waiting for ArginTired from its charge, the kobold is unable to dodge Cain's mighty strike! It hits the ground with a thud!

webgem
2007-11-30, 10:29 PM
Argin

Argin takes a slight step to adjust his aim on a kobold in the rear, reloads his cross bow and lines up his sights.


[roll0]
[roll1] damage

Tortoise262
2007-11-30, 11:08 PM
The bolt isn't able to pierce the tough skin of the kobold, who responds to Argin with his sling.
Kobold A Sling:[roll0], [roll1]
But the creature's battered old sling breaks in half as he swings it over his head.
Randell and Matthias go.

hamstard4ever
2007-11-30, 11:19 PM
"Any of you little uglies feel like begging for mercy, begging time begins... about ten seconds ago," Randell says as he thrusts forward with his sword.

Attack kobold E:[roll0], damage [roll1]

Tortoise262
2007-11-30, 11:58 PM
It dies.
Now that E is dead, I'm waiting for Matthias, Tarnak, Katsuchiyo, Black Mage, and Layla. Again, they will go in whatever order their players post.

faithfreebible
2007-12-01, 12:22 AM
Without a moments hesitation, Matthias contInues his deadly barrage, 2 more arrows streak out at the 2 closest kobolds


all kobolds are within 30 ft, point blank shot plus rapid shot
attack 1: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
attack 2: [roll2]
damage: [roll3]

diagonals confuse me on the grid.
if you decide i'm not within 30ft of one or both kobolds, i take a 5 foot step first either to H8 or I8(if i can't move diagonal to H8)
if i'm then still not within 30ft of either, just subtract 1 from each roll on whichever i cant reach (both attack rolls and both damage rolls)

Tortoise262
2007-12-01, 01:10 AM
Matthias's skilled shots vanquish the remaining kobolds!
Yay! No more kobolds, they suck!
Everyone gets 75 XP
They leave behind a sack containing 100 gp and 400 sp

faithfreebible
2007-12-01, 01:15 AM
"I propose an even split, thats the equivalent of 17gp and 5sp per person any objections?"

I also recover all my shot arrows.

mogarth
2007-12-01, 01:37 AM
"Sounds good to me." Cain says as he walks back over to join the group, putting his Nunchaku back into there proper case. He looks rather calm and relax as if nothing had even happened and to him nothing really had.

faithfreebible
2007-12-01, 03:58 AM
"Shall we continue northwest to the temple of fiends?"

webgem
2007-12-01, 07:24 AM
Argin

"I agree, that seems the best plan as nobody is injured. Well fought everyone! I must say that was a great warm up, with everyone performing well....except myself I suppose. Mattias, I suppose I'll have to observe you closely, and maybe pick up a better bow, you seem to have that skill down far more aptly than I!" Argin attempts to recover his lost bolts (since he only has like 20 total, not 200 :smallsigh: oops). Also, in the spirit of practicallity he quickly grabs the most servicable sling or two from the kobolds, along with the best selection of sling bolts...heck as many as he can carry.

webgem
2007-12-01, 07:36 AM
rolls for spent bolts...1d2 2 is broke 1 isn't
[roll0]
[roll1]

TheMeanDM
2007-12-01, 08:42 AM
"That sounds most equitable." says the scarred monk, as he wipes the kobold blood from his fist upon the fallen creature's clothing.

Tortoise262
2007-12-01, 12:01 PM
Later that day, walking through the forest, several of the light warriors hear a rustling in the bushes along with a low growl. Whatever it is, it doesn't sound friendly. The party prepares for the worst.
Arrange your characters in the small clearing in the center of the map from G-N and 9-12. Keep in mind that YES, THERE IS, a giant wolf in the southeast corner. I'll place whoever isn't in the center by midnight tonight(EST). That way I can roll initiative and we can start.

Zimmia
2007-12-01, 12:13 PM
Layla

"How...altruistic," Layla says sarcastically as they move on to their goal.

Tortoise262
2007-12-01, 12:43 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: Don't go through the trees, but since they're round, you can cut across the "corners" diagonally. And here (http://crossproduct.007ihost.com/dnd.php)'s a link.

webgem
2007-12-01, 12:54 PM
Argin

Argin lounges by the fire, crossbow by his side ready to attack if enemies come near.


in order, spot listen init to hit damage

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

hamstard4ever
2007-12-01, 12:54 PM
"Great. I do so love huge growly things." Randell mutters as he takes up position at the edge of the clearing.

faithfreebible
2007-12-01, 01:22 PM
initiative: [roll0]

Tortoise262
2007-12-01, 01:44 PM
I'm going to roll everyone's initiative tonight some time after midnight.

Tortoise262
2007-12-02, 01:38 AM
The party listens as a pack of hungry wolves emerge from behind the trees. There are five, including one who is more ferocious-looking and obviously the leader of the pack.
INITIATIVE:
Tarnak: [roll0]
Layla: [roll1]
Cain: [roll2]
Randell: [roll3]
Matthias: [roll4]
Black Mage: [roll5]
Katsuchiyo: [roll6]
Argin: [roll7]
Wolf A: [roll8]
Wolf B: [roll9]
Wolf C: [roll10]
Wolf D: [roll11]
Big Bad Wolf: [roll12]

Okie dokie. Black Mage and Tarnak are up now.

faithfreebible
2007-12-03, 01:21 AM
"Umm, guys we may have a problem here"
are we posting in order, or just whenever we want and you'll resolve in order?
it's been like 2 days since the last postings

Tortoise262
2007-12-03, 09:20 AM
Post when it's your turn. If Tarnak and Black Mage don't go by tonight, I'm going to count their move as a Delay.

Dorizzit
2007-12-03, 11:08 AM
Tarnak Charges at the nearest wolf, slamming his blade towards it:



[roll0]

[roll1]

Tortoise262
2007-12-03, 06:52 PM
The wolf yelps in pain as it is struck a mighty blow!

Another wolf runs around a tree and up to Randell, baring its fierce teeth!
Wolf D to N9, bite
[roll0][roll1]

It's now Randell's turn. Black Mage will go whenever FF Fanboy posts.
The wolf misses!

hamstard4ever
2007-12-03, 09:23 PM
Randell bares his teeth back at the wolf and jabs with his rapier.

Attack wolf D, hit roll [roll0], damage [roll1]

Tortoise262
2007-12-03, 09:36 PM
The sword pierces the wolf, who begins looking worse for the wear! Yet another wolf, runs at Matthias and tries to bring him down!
WolfA charge at Matthias [roll0], dmg [roll1]

Tortoise262
2007-12-03, 09:38 PM
The wolf latches onto Matthias, who is unable to react in time, and tries to bring him to the ground!
Trip check [roll0] vs Matthias [roll1]

Layla, Katsuchiyo, and Argin go in whatever order. And Black Mage if he ever wakes up, lol.
Fortunately, Matthias is able to hold his ground!

TheMeanDM
2007-12-03, 09:57 PM
Katsuchiyo advances upon the closest wolf, and begins to unleash a flurry of punches directed at his enemy.

In his excitement, his first strike flies wide of the beast's head. His follow-through backhanded strike grazes the muzzle of the beast as well.


attacks
(1d20+2)[6]
(1d20+2)[13]

flurry damage (2)
(1d6+2)[5]
(1d6+2)[7]

Zimmia
2007-12-03, 09:59 PM
Layla

As she watches the wolves, Layla opens her mouth to make a smart comment, and then realizes that the wolves almost certainly don't speak common. Another eldrich orb flares to life in her hand and she almost casually hurls it at one of the wolves.

Eldrich orb at wolf 'D':
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Next level my damage goes up. Yay!

Tortoise262
2007-12-03, 10:02 PM
Katsuchiyo nearly misses his target while Layla's blast vaporizes it!

webgem
2007-12-03, 10:31 PM
Argin

Argin moves to get in line with one of the slower moving wolves, hoping to catch it off guard. He raises his crossbow and fires in one smooth motion.

webgem
2007-12-03, 10:38 PM
[roll0] hit
[roll1] cbow
[roll2] sa


His quarrel seems to strike the unready wolf, most likely in a vital area.

Tortoise262
2007-12-03, 10:47 PM
Wounded and aggravated, the wolf charges Argin to get him back. Meanwhile, the large gray wolf looming off in the corner of the vale moves toward Cain and snaps with his enormous jaws!
Wolf C Charges Argin [roll0], [roll1]
Big Wolf moves and attacks Cain [roll2], [roll3]

Tortoise262
2007-12-03, 10:55 PM
The small wolf loses its footing and needs to get its bearings straight, but the big wolf attempts to pull Cain down!
Treat Wolf C as flat-footed because of natural 1 (this isn't a standard rule, I'm rolling on a chart for 1's)
Big Wolf Trip: [roll0] vs Cain [roll1]

Matthias and Cain are up. Well, Cain is down... I mean it's their turn to go.
Oh noes! Cain is on the ground!

mogarth
2007-12-04, 12:02 AM
Cain look upon the wolf from below. He stares the beast right in the eyes bears his teeth and stands up. He does not take kindly to being knocked down or attacked and he will not let anyone or anything get away with it! He attacks with his nunchaku! Or at least he thought he would he falls back down again!


AC: 17+1 for dodge 18 for AoO 22

I still cant get the rolls to work and i didnt hit preview this time

Tortoise262
2007-12-04, 12:09 AM
[roll0][roll1]
Uuummm... Don't worry about that roll...

Tortoise262
2007-12-04, 12:12 AM
Trip, Wolf: [roll0], Cain: [roll1]
I guess you can still try to attack from the ground, but you'll take damage and pass out.

faithfreebible
2007-12-04, 01:19 AM
Completely ignoring his Longbow, Matthias unsheathes his greatsword and lets loose with a furious swipe at the wolf attacking him!


attack wolf A
attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Tortoise262
2007-12-04, 05:34 PM
Matthias's wolf is bleeding profusely and looks about ready to collapse.
Black Mage casts Color Spray on the big wolf!
Will Save vs DC15, [roll0]
Okay, I have to clarify two things: First, Mogarth, Mobility does not apply to standing up, only for movement. Second, the wolf didn't trip Cain, since that would require an action, and it wasn't the wolf's turn.
The wolf is unaffected by the spell! (Maybe it didn't reach the wolf anyway!)

Tortoise262
2007-12-04, 05:59 PM
The final wolf takes a bite at Tarnak!
[roll0][roll1]

Tortoise262
2007-12-04, 06:02 PM
The wolf gets Tarnak, who is caught off guard from charging!
TRIP: [roll0], vs Tarnak [roll1]

Round 2, Tarnak and Randell are up.
Tarnak is taken down!

Dorizzit
2007-12-04, 07:58 PM
Tarnak scrambles to his feet and hacks at the wolf:

[roll0] [roll1]

hamstard4ever
2007-12-04, 09:00 PM
Seeing the toll the wolves are taking, Randell closes his eyes and lifts his voice in song.

"Eight heroes bold set out one day
Through the woods to Garland slay.
At their heels the wolves did bay,
Bloody and fierce they joined the fray
But they totally killed all the wolves
And none of them died horribly, or anything."

Move to J11 and use inspire courage, +1 to attack/damage and saves vs. fear for everyone

Tortoise262
2007-12-05, 12:00 AM
Tarnak's wolf makes a vain snap at him, then Tarnak misses the wolf in turn.
Matthias's wolf bites into his supple elven skin...
Wolf B's AoO: [roll0][roll1]
Wolf A attacks Matthias: [roll2][roll3]

Tortoise262
2007-12-05, 12:07 AM
...and brings him to the ground!
Wolf A's Trip: [roll0] VS Matthias [roll1]

Layla, Katsuchiyo, and Argin are up. Cain may finish his turn from round 1.

Zimmia
2007-12-05, 01:01 AM
Layla

"Ooo, there's a big puppy. Here, puppy puppy," Layla sneers as she turns her attention to the large wolf.


Lob an Eldrich Orb (there's a surprise) at the big puppy.
Attack (including bard song) [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

TheMeanDM
2007-12-05, 10:20 AM
The swift monk moves to the side of his fighting companion. Unleashing another series of fast flying punches, he aims for the large grey wolf.


flurry attacks

edited, because I forgot the +1 hit/damage from the bard song.

(1d20+2)[17]

(1d20+2)[3]

Damage (just in case):

(1d6+3)[6]

(1d6+3)[9]

this freaking board roller hates me, i swear

Tortoise262
2007-12-05, 10:46 AM
Layla misses the big wolf, but it was then distracted enough to get hit by Katsuchiyo's first punch!

webgem
2007-12-05, 10:56 AM
Argin

Argin's slight relief at the fumbling wolf turns to horror as he sees how mangled Cain is. He steps back and casts a quick spell on the injured warrior (vigor) and safely clear from the wolf he quickly draws his short sword and flourishes it at the wolf (C) with a battle crazed yell, hoping to distract it from the slowly healing Cain.


the spell is lessor vigor which lasts 10+1rd/level max 15 with extend spell on it, subject gains fast healing 1 for that many rounds woot!

Tortoise262
2007-12-05, 05:10 PM
The big wolf decides to pick on the monk, as chasing Cain would lead him into a cluster of enemies.
Big Wolf bites Katsuchiyo: [roll0], [roll1]
And Katsuchiyo is down!

TheMeanDM
2007-12-05, 05:21 PM
The mighty jaws of the huge grey wolf clamp down tightly on the chest of Katsuchiyo, it's great fangs sinking deep into the exposed flesh. Spurts of blood fly into the sky as several arteries are punctured by the massive canines.

The wolf casually tosses aside the limp body of the unconscious and bleeding monk.

Tortoise262
2007-12-05, 05:25 PM
The small wolf on the right steps up to bite Argin.
Wolf C bites: [roll0], [roll1]
Argin deftly dodges the attack!
Cain begins to feel better as Argin's spell begins to take effect.
Cain, Matthias, and Black Mage are up. Cain is no longer disabled.

faithfreebible
2007-12-05, 05:46 PM
shouting out for assistance, Matthias attempts to get up from his prone position

i dont want to say what my move is before i see if i get knocked back down by the AoO

Tortoise262
2007-12-05, 05:57 PM
The wolf misses its chance to knock Matthias back down.
WolfA AoO: [roll0], [roll1]
You're good.

faithfreebible
2007-12-05, 06:04 PM
having evaded the wolf's attack, filled with anger and pain, Matthias fires 2 shots point blank into its face


attack 1: [roll0]
damage 1: [roll1]
attack 2: [roll2]
damage 2: [roll3]

Tortoise262
2007-12-05, 06:10 PM
Matthias killed it to death.

mogarth
2007-12-05, 10:04 PM
Cain pulls from his pocket a potion and quaffs it down quickly.


[roll0]

Feeling rejuvenated Cain starts spinning his weapons faster again getting ready to attack or defend as needed.

Fan
2007-12-06, 09:04 AM
Okay my acutal action is
Okay we "REALLY need someone to wake me up when HOLY CRAP THAT"S A BIG WOLF
and now after moving to L9 I will cast the dang blang color spray

TheMeanDM
2007-12-06, 09:40 AM
Kats' action:

(bleed)

Tortoise262
2007-12-06, 05:04 PM
Big Wolf Will save vs DC15 [roll0]
Wolf B bites Tarnak [roll1], [roll2]

Big wolf is stunned (-2AC, -DEX to AC, no actions)
Tarnak, Layla, Randell, Argin, and Kats are up.
The big wolf becomes stunned, and a small wolf breaks its teeth on Tarnak's chain shirt!

Zimmia
2007-12-06, 05:23 PM
Layla

Seeing the dire wolf stunned, Layla takes the opportunity to try and hit him again with an eldrich orb.

Move to M13 and lob said eldrich orb (yay me for remembering I have point blank spell *sigh*)
Attack (with bardsong bonus) [roll0] on the direwolf who's stunned
Damage [roll1]

Edit: yah so with the bardsong damage and PBS damage I hit for 3 whole points!

hamstard4ever
2007-12-06, 09:20 PM
Randell seizes the opportunity and dashes forward with rapier in hand, slashing away at the now-stunned giant wolf."Down, boy! Sit! Play dead!"

Move to N11 and attack large wolf: to hit [roll0], damage [roll1]

webgem
2007-12-06, 10:17 PM
Argin

Argin coils his legs and springs lithely backwards away from the growling wolf.


[roll0] tumble at half speed to avoid AOO

webgem
2007-12-06, 10:19 PM
Argin

Argin's spring carries him into a tight back flip and quickly into a side roll that places his hand near to the fallen monk. A burst of holy energy fills him and suddenly wounds close.


cure light wounds
[roll0]

Fan
2007-12-07, 08:56 AM
See Thisis the reason you guys need to wake me up! oh and seeing the wolf about to recover since evryone else went

With a small shout a a few quick gestures a cone of Flame comes out of his hands at the large wolf and it's coat sets ablaze!
it says in the description that cant take acitons so does this mean no reflex saving throw because he just cant move
[spoiler] damage with Bard song[roll]2d4+1[roll]

Fan
2007-12-07, 08:58 AM
something is up man it's a conspiracy
[roll0]

TheMeanDM
2007-12-07, 09:12 AM
Katsuchiyo's eyes fly open as the holy energy fills and refreshes him.

Seeing the wolf stunned, he makes an attempt to strike the beast.



Stunning Fist attack:
(1d20+4)[7]
-- a miss I assume


Seeing the wolf start to recover, the monk desparately tries to strike the animal again, fearing that it's jaws will once again lash out with deadly results this time.


flurry of blows
(1d20+2)[4]

(1d20+2)[13]

-- again, assuming both miss

Tortoise262
2007-12-07, 05:59 PM
The stunning fist misses; I'm still waiting for Dorizzit to post.

Dorizzit
2007-12-07, 07:16 PM
Tarnak strikes with his blade once more:


[roll0]

[roll1]

Tortoise262
2007-12-07, 11:29 PM
It's amazing how much blood pours out of the poor wolf...

Tortoise262
2007-12-07, 11:46 PM
The big wolf is unable to move, and the last small wolf steps up 5 feet to bite Cain.
Bite [roll0], [roll1]

Tortoise262
2007-12-07, 11:47 PM
Trip check [roll0] VS Cain [roll1]
The small wolf bites Cain and brings him to the forest floor!

Tortoise262
2007-12-07, 11:52 PM
Black Mage carelessly shoots a cone of fire in front of himself!
Reflex Save vs DC 15:
Big Wolf [roll0]
Randell [roll1]
LOL! Spell does 3 damage to Randell, and 1 damage to the wolf.
The blast burns Randell while barely singeing the wolf's fur. I wonder which of the two he was really trying to hurt...

Randell's loud yell startles Katsuchiyo and causes him to miss with his flurry.
Pretty much should post now, unless you went already...
Cain and Matthias take a turn while the wolf is still stunned.
Tarnak can still finish his last turn with a move action, then take a full turn.
Randell, Argin, and Layla go, too.

faithfreebible
2007-12-08, 01:25 AM
"Well, it's been working for me so far"
Matthias mutters as he pulls two arrows from his quiver, nocking and firing one before firing off the other


shooting at the dire wolf (giant wolf if it's some other wolflike creature)
AB=+7 rapid shot = -2, plus bardic song bonus +1 (AB and dmg)
attack one :[roll0]
attack one damage: [roll1]
attack two: [roll2]
attack two damage: [roll3]

faithfreebible
2007-12-08, 01:28 AM
First shot was a nat. 20 (my luck never ends...)
confirm crit: [roll0]
extra damage if crit is confirmed: [roll1]
(extra damage to be added to original damage roll for first shot if crit is confirmed)

ok, 11 prob misses unless he's taking penalties from the eldritch orb
:smallfrown: my luck finally ran out...
lol, after 14 damage this round :smalltongue:

Tortoise262
2007-12-08, 09:45 AM
Matthias's first shot finds a weak spot adjacent to the wolf's shoulder, and the follow-up gets it in the chest! The wolf howls in pain as it begins taking serious damage.
Yeah, 11 hits while the wolf is stunned... But what a crappy damage roll, lol

mogarth
2007-12-08, 12:28 PM
Cain stands back up getting quite pissed at having been pulled down again. Cain is now read to mutilate those damn wolves. He goes for the attack a full offense hes holding nothing back he will destroy this wolf if it kills him yet!

Cain stands up and attacks the wolf

Attack 1d20+4 if crit 1d20+3
Attack 1d20+1 if crit 1d20+1

Damage 1d6+3 crit damge if it is one 1d6+3
Damage 1d6+1 crit damge if it is one 1d6+3

Tortoise262
2007-12-08, 12:39 PM
Cain's ire is evidenced by his massive blow to the wolf, beating it to a bloody pulp! The yelps of agony alert the dire wolf, and it's back on its toes!Wolf AoO: [roll0], [roll1]
Cain can't take a full attack after standing up, so here's his single attack:
[roll2], [roll3] (including Bard Song)
No need to roll for crit, lol. I hate when that happens >_<
Dire wolf is unstunned (Yeah, it's a dire wolf, for those of you who were still wondering)
Tarnak, Layla, Argin, and Randell go. Don't forget that Tarnak can still take his move action from last turn!

webgem
2007-12-08, 12:58 PM
Argin

Sizing up the situation, Argin realizes that the party has a chance to turn the wolf's surrounding tactics against it! He quickly yells out a plan to the party, hoping that they will listen. "Tarnak, circle around to the rear of the wolf, flank it with Randal and attack, then Randal, you attack then retreat to give me room to flank it as well, come on guys with teamwork we use it's tactics against it and can bring this thing down!"


So if people follow my plan I move in to Randall's previous spot, carefully maneuvering to avoid AOO. If nobody listens to me thats fine, just a thought. But if the plan goes down after Randal and Tarnak go I strike with my short sword...in flanking position, if not I'll change action accordingly okay?
[roll0] hit
[roll1] dam

Zimmia
2007-12-08, 01:10 PM
Layla

"This is getting slightly repetitious," Layla sighs as the takes another 'go' at the big wolf.

Eldrich orb @ the wolfie:
Attack [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Tortoise262
2007-12-08, 01:21 PM
After being hit by the magical orb, the dire wolf gasps for air, as it can see that its end is imminent.

hamstard4ever
2007-12-08, 01:44 PM
"Hey, I've got a plan, too! It's called Let's Not Set the Handsome Chap with the Sweet Hat on Fire." Randell pats at the still-warm patches of singed cloak with one hand as he continues stabbing at the giant wolf. Giving up, he steps back to let Argin in as announced.

Attack giant wolf: attack [roll0], damage [roll1], five foot step back to M10

webgem
2007-12-08, 11:14 PM
Argin moves gracefully past Randell and near to the bloodied creature as it tries to keep track of the people on either side. "Your time is at an end," he whispers, and thrusts his toward a vital spot, hoping to end the giant wolf's suffering.

Fan
2007-12-10, 09:01 AM
sorry Randell didnt see you past the big wolf!
Black mage casts arcane mark on the big wolves corpse any ideas on what the team's mark should be?

Tortoise262
2007-12-10, 11:35 AM
sorry Randell didnt see you past the big wolf!
black mage then shoots off a small fist and hits the small wolf that treipped kain in the stomach but the blow is partially cushioned by it's fur!
[roll0]

XD

Cain already smashed that wolf's brains out! Also, Randell was right in front of you, not behind the wolf, lol. Check the battle grid:
http://crossproduct.007ihost.com/dnd.php

Randell, Tarnak, and Argin still have to go, and Layla can move around to help Argin flank if she wants.

Fan
2007-12-10, 11:58 AM
When I checked it his move musnt have been up because it's way different npw then when I cast it

Tortoise262
2007-12-10, 06:04 PM
Working together, Layla and Argin confuse the wolf, and Argin is able to strike a devastating blow, finishing the wolf!
Everyone take 300 XP. I think I might make brownie points official, like you can trade them in for XP or GP, but I'll award them at the end of the story arc (after you return from fighting Garland)

TheMeanDM
2007-12-11, 09:10 AM
The bloodied monk falls upon his knees, exhausted from the fight.

"Gods, what was that fell beast!" he says, looking down at his chest where the wolf's jaws pierced his flesh. "Thank you, so much. Without your healing, I fear I might not be here." says to the healer.

mogarth
2007-12-11, 12:42 PM
"Damn wolves"

webgem
2007-12-11, 12:53 PM
Argin

Argin wipes the blood from his blade, and looks about at his companions. He grimaces again and performs a short incantation. He touches the injured monk, and the wounds heal slightly. "I'm sorry everyone, this is all the healing I have left for the day, on the morrow I should be able to do more. Does anybody know anything about how to skin these wolves? I'm sure on our quest we'll need as many resources as we can find. Anyhow, good work everyone!"


casting cure minor wounds for 1, I didn't write out which 0-level spells I had memorized, but one makes sense

faithfreebible
2007-12-11, 04:59 PM
"we should definitely search them for loot"

he grabs his greatsword and uses it to cut the dire wolf's stomach open the meantime signalling for someone to search the other wolves as well.

Zimmia
2007-12-11, 05:07 PM
Layla

Rolling her eyes, Layla took a few steps back from the big wolf so she doesn't get splattered by entrails. '"I'm all for getting as much as we can out of our enemies, but really," she muses as she goes off to check one of the other wolves.

take 10 on untrained search check of one of the normal-sized wolves = 12

mogarth
2007-12-12, 12:11 AM
Cain flexes and limbers up letting teh adrenalin drain out of him for now.

"I guess its time to move on."

Tortoise262
2007-12-12, 01:17 AM
Eagerly, the Light Warriors exit the forest to find themselves at the base of a cliff. Sure that the Temple of Fiends is atop the cliff, the party follows alongside it. After following along the base of the cliff for a few hours, they finally see, beyond five large rocks, a trail leading up.
Put your little dudes in marching order in the 12 spaces at the bottom-right corner of the map. (Columns 19 and 20) Link! (http://crossproduct.007ihost.com/dnd.php)
I'll move whoever's not there when I come in really late tomorrow night.

Tortoise262
2007-12-13, 01:07 AM
Rolling Spot checks for everyone:
Tarnak: [roll0]
Layla: [roll1]
Cain: [roll2]
Randell: [roll3]
Matthias: [roll4] (19) add racial bonus on character sheet
Black Mage: [roll5]
Katsuchiyo: [roll6]
Argin: [roll7]
Tarnak, Matthias, and Argin look up just in time to notice 4 goblinoid critters standing along the edge of the cliff, ready to hurl javelins at the Light Warriors!

Tortoise262
2007-12-13, 01:14 AM
Initiative:
Bugbears A-D: [roll0]
Tarnak: [roll1]
Matthias: [roll2]
Argin: [roll3]

Surprise round! Matt and Argin are up. Remember, only one move OR standard action during surprise round. LINK! (http://crossproduct.007ihost.com/dnd.php)

Also, I forgot to mention: Wolves don't carry loot!

faithfreebible
2007-12-13, 02:07 AM
"I HATE goblins of all sort..."
Matthias hisses coldly as he fires off 2 quick shots at the bugbears at the top of the cliff


goblinoids are my favored enemy, +2 damage on all shots
rapid shot
shot 1 at bugbear D
shot 2 at bugbear C
shot 1: [roll0]
shot 1 damage:[roll1]
shot 2:[roll2]
shot 2 damage: [roll3]

EDIT: one of these days i'll miss a shot, i swear

webgem
2007-12-13, 09:04 AM
Argin

Argin reacts unnaturally quickly, and shouts to alert the others as he fires his crossbow.


[roll0]
[roll1]
not with in 30 feet....awww shucks

TheMeanDM
2007-12-13, 10:02 AM
Katsuchiyo pulls from his belt pouch a potion and quaffs it. Using his monk abilities, he begins to prepare dodging the incoming missiles.



Using Dodge for +1 AC vs. the closest...enemy. AC now = 17

Die roll for initiative
1d20+2-> [9,2] = (11)
1d20+2=11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1423519)

Cure light wounds potion
Die roll for CLW potion
1d8+1-> [5,1] = (6)
1d8+1=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1423520)

up to 10 HP now

Tortoise262
2007-12-13, 11:18 PM
Matthias's arrow gets a bugbear in his leg, while Argin's crossbow bolt sticks in his wooden shield! Then, suddenly, a hail of javelins comes down at the party!
A @ Tarnak: [roll0]-1, [roll1]
B @ Layla: [roll2]-1, [roll3]
C @ Cain: [roll4]-1, [roll5]
D @ Randell: [roll6]-1, [roll7]
A javelin flies straight toward Layla, but seems to be diverted right before it hits her! Tarnak sweats as a javelin misses him by mere inches!
(seriously though, fix your character sheet. Chain Shirt is +4 AC)
Tarnak is up in the surprise round now. Then I'll roll initiative.

Dorizzit
2007-12-14, 06:37 AM
Uh....my AC is 17...

Tarnak runs full tilt to the left, trying to reach the pathway up the cliffs.

Tortoise262
2007-12-14, 10:34 AM
You were flat-footed. The shot missed anyway. I subtracted the wrong amount for range increment. And move your token please ^_^

INIT:
Layla [roll0]
Cain [roll1]
Randell [roll2]
BM [roll3]
Kats [roll4] rolled already [11]

Argin, Cain, Matt, and BM up in round 1.

faithfreebible
2007-12-14, 01:46 PM
"Really really hate goblins...
matthias nocks an arrow as he rants
"and all bugbears are...
he sends it soaring at the same bugbear he's already hit
are really BIG..."
he nocks a second arrow and sights it at the bugbear to the left of his first target
%&*@ING GOBLINS!!!
and lets it fly as well

"Does anyone have a Shield? get in front of me and take a defensive stance, I'll use you for cover and snipe them down from behind you"


anyone with a large shield or good AC, if you take full defense in front of me (+4 AC) we can get out of this in one piece
shot 1 at bugbear D
shot 2 at bugbear C
rapid shot, favored enemy goblinoids

shot 1: [roll0]
shot 1: damage: [roll1]
shot 2: [roll2]
shot 2: damage: [roll3]

webgem
2007-12-15, 02:29 AM
Argin

"I agree about the Hobgoblins" says Argin as he reloads and quickly fires. "But there is also this very nice rock here you could stand behind!"


[roll0]
[roll1]

argin reloads, fires at the wounded hobgoblin then ducks behind the rock looking thingy



After his nearly fatal (too himself) shot, Argin yells, "See, true warriors wouldn't hide like buzzards up in their nest, come down here and fight!"

Tortoise262
2007-12-20, 06:34 PM
New link for the battle grid:
http://crossproduct.freephpwebhosting.net/dnd.php

Cain and BM are up still. If FF Fanboy doesn't post by tomorrow night at 6 (EST), then Black Mage is going to be skipped, considered asleep, and most likely killed by the bugbears.

mogarth
2007-12-21, 09:52 AM
Cain quickly moves behind some rocks to get cover from the monsters and try to think of a way of getting to them

Tortoise262
2007-12-21, 04:22 PM
Amazingly enough, Black Mage is asleep on his feet! Bugbears love easy targets, so all four of them chuck javelins at BM!4 Javelin Attacks VS BM:
[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]
[roll6], [roll7]

Actually, I forgot to subtract 2 for range increment, but 3 hits anyway, total 20 damage!
Black Mage vanishes in a puff of smoke, leaving behind only his hat and his blue robes. How amazing that no one had noticed earlier, on the back of his robes, in bright red stitching, read the words, "TEAM GARLAND"... But if Black Mage was an imposter, then where is the real wizard of the Light Warriors?Tarnak, Layla, Randell, and Kats are up, then Mineck will enter during the next round.

Zimmia
2007-12-21, 05:49 PM
Layla

Moving around her comrades, Layla takes refuge behind one of the rocks, eldrich fire flares in her hand as she plans her next move.

jet082
2007-12-21, 10:22 PM
Just rolling my initiative...
[roll0]

Tortoise262
2007-12-21, 10:27 PM
Katsuchiyo does whatever it says up there...
I see that TheMeanDM already posted for Katsuchiyo... please use GitP forum roller from now on. Also, you have 12 hit points.

Tarnak and Randell still need to go before the next round. Normally, everyone would go at once, but since Mineck is coming in next round, I'm splitting up the turns. Oh, and Dorizzit, I didn't see where Tarnak moved to in the previous round.

TheMeanDM
2007-12-22, 10:37 PM
The monk moves forward about 15 feet and takes cover behind the largest rock he can find.

faithfreebible
2007-12-26, 08:07 PM
Still overcome by his hatred for the bugbears, Matthias neglects to even take cover behind the nearby rocks.

instead he fires off two more arrows in quick succession, determined to kill the first two bugbears he has targeted.


still attacking bugbears C and D.
rapid shot, favored enemy humanoid (goblinoid)
shot 1 (bugbear D): [roll0]
shot 1 damage: [roll1]
shot 2 (bugbear C): [roll2]
shot 2 damage: [roll3]

QUESTION: should we get an AC bonus due to the fact that from the perspective of the bugbears very little of our profile is visible, similar to a prone target? maybe not the full +4 for prone vs ranged, but something?

Tortoise262
2007-12-26, 08:42 PM
A well-placed shot makes the bugbear on the far right begin to stagger!ANSWER: No, but they do suffer a -2 range increment penalty from that distance.

jet082
2007-12-27, 12:23 AM
Mineck

Mineck walks through the clearing towards the group of adventurers. Noticing a few of them taking cover behind some rocks. Alerted, Mineck glances up the hill and spots the bugbears near the edge. "I see..."

The mage makes a few gestures and mumbles under his breath. Pointing at one of the bugbears, Mineck sends a dart of energy streaking towards it.

Taking cover behind near the boulder with Layla and Argin, Mineck says, "The Light Warriors I presume... care for a bit of help?"


Magic Missile cast on Bugbear D: [roll0]

Tortoise262
2007-12-27, 12:28 AM
The bugbear on the end collapses, unconscious!

faithfreebible
2007-12-27, 12:30 AM
"Well, he's killing goblinoids...
Let's be friends"

Zimmia
2007-12-27, 12:43 AM
Dude, you're killing our enemies and you're conscious. You're in!

Tortoise262
2007-12-27, 12:47 AM
Argin takes a shot at the bugbear next to the one that just fell![roll0], [roll1]
Going for webgem, since he requested it.

Tarnak, Randell, and Cain need to go.The bolt grazes the bugbear's thigh!

mogarth
2007-12-28, 09:44 PM
Cain knows not what to do he is I'll equipped for this battle he decides to wait to see if anything open ups to him.

Tortoise262
2007-12-29, 12:27 PM
The goblinoids take shots at the ones who have not taken cover!A @ Tarnak: [roll0], [roll1]
B @ Randell: [roll2], [roll3]
C @ Matthisas: [roll4], [roll5]

Tortoise262
2007-12-29, 12:29 PM
The 3 javelins miss! 2 of them shatter, but one battered javelin still looks usable. It rests on the ground to Matthias's left.
Damage to the javelins (even though I realized I made a gross miscalculation): [roll0], [roll1], [roll2]

Everyone's turn is up now.

faithfreebible
2007-12-29, 12:54 PM
"Someone grab that javelin!
These THINGS are about to learn not to ambush innocent travellers"

Still moving at breakneck speeds, Matthias fires off two more arrows, trying to finish off the bugbear he's already wounded as well as the one next to it.


rapid shot, favored enemy,
shot 1 at bugbear C, shot 2 at bugbear B

shot 1: [roll0]
shot 1 damage: [roll1]
shot 2: [roll2]
shot 2 damage: [roll3]

Zimmia
2008-01-01, 10:47 PM
Layla

Anyone want bugbear stew for dinner tonight? She creates another ball of eldrich energy and flings it toward the bugbears.

If the one Matthias shot at isn't dead, aim for that one. If it is, then lob it at one of the others.
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

webgem
2008-01-02, 12:44 AM
Argin

"That sounds decidedly unappealing, although I could go for a spot of dinner, by the way thanks for the help sir./

Argin fires off another bolt, hoping to turn around his luck.


[roll0]
[roll1]

Tortoise262
2008-01-02, 12:54 AM
Matthias's streak continues as he shoots two goblinoids in the thigh! Layla follows with a powerful shot to the one in the center, while Argin's bolt bounces off the side of the cliff!Alrighty, Tarnak and Randell are idle, it seems. Other than that, Mineck and Cain have to go.

Dorizzit
2008-01-02, 08:47 AM
((I can't access the battlegrid...))

Tarnak begins running to find a way around the cliff....

Tortoise262
2008-01-07, 01:15 PM
As Tarnak recklessly runs by, two bugbears hidden around the corner hurl javelins at him! As Tarnak approaches the path leading up the cliffs, he also notices two bugbears awaiting on the top of the west cliffs.Bugbears E and F: readied action triggered as Tarnak runs by the nook behind the cliff.
E: (1d20+3)[12], (1d6+2)[6]
F: (1d20+3)[19], (1d6+2)[8]

G&H initiative: (1d20+1)[5] (will go in the following round)

Tarnak gets attacked on N12. You can change your movement from that point if you want.
One of the javelins pierces his side!Sorry, I posted on the OOC Thread by mistake

jet082
2008-01-08, 10:27 AM
Mineck opens his component pouch and removes a strip of cured leather. Concentrating on the leather, Mineck waggles his fingers over it and mumbles some words under his breath. Nothing appears to happen, but after a few moments, Mineck returns the leather to his pouch with a satisfied look on his face.

Casted Mage Armor

Tortoise262
2008-01-08, 11:34 AM
One of the original goblinoids moves quickly around the cliffs, while the other two fire at Matthias and Randell before backing away.Double move for Bugbear A.
[email protected]: [roll0], [roll1]
[email protected]: [roll2], [roll3]

Kats is up now, between two groups of bugbears.

TheMeanDM
2008-01-08, 12:19 PM
The monk runs forward, taking cover against the wall of the cliffs, blocking off the bugbears sight.


moved, using Run move, from Q15 to M7.

So unless they can see straight down, I should be safe...right?

Designating Bugbear E with Dodge.

Tortoise262
2008-01-08, 05:07 PM
From the west side, one bugbear moves to bottom of the ramp and draws a morningstar, while the other remains a prepares to support him with javelins!Tarnak, Layla, and Randell are up. If hamstard doesn't post this turn, I may have to replace him.

Zimmia
2008-01-08, 09:33 PM
Layla

"Dodging javelins is not my idea of easy exercise" Layla grouses as she hurries behind the next available rock.

Move to Q11 (if I did it right)

Tortoise262
2008-01-11, 11:52 PM
Bugbears attack! And Miss!G @ Tarnak [roll0], [roll1]
H @ Mineck [roll2], [roll3]

Tarnak is taking too long. I'm abandoning Randell as soon as I get a replacement.

Top of the order are up (Argin, Cain, Mineck, Matt)

faithfreebible
2008-01-12, 01:14 AM
"I could use some healing over here Argin"

Matthias yells out for aid as he takes a quick jump for the safety of the rocks before firing two quick shots.

His fingers MUST be aching at this point, but it isn't slowing his furious fusillade!


rapid shot, favored enemy
shot 1 at Bugbear A
shot 2 at bugbear G
attack 1: [roll0]
damage 1: [roll1]
attack 2: [roll2]
damage 2: [roll3]

my range increment is 110, so they are still in range

jet082
2008-01-12, 01:10 PM
"More have joined in, I see," Mineck notes as a javelin flys past him. While moving a bit closer towards a rock for cover, the mage removes a light crossbow from his pack. He loads it, takes aim at the offending bugbear, and fires off a shot.


Fire at Bugbear H: [roll0] [roll1]

webgem
2008-01-13, 09:06 AM
Argin

Argin moves quickly around the rock to Randall and pulls the oblivious bard to the ground and some form of cover. As they hit the ground, Randall's backpack, which had been on only loosely, came free from his shoulder, opening slightly revealing a couple scrolls and potions. Argin reached towards one of the potions hopefully, thinking "Mattias needs this if it is a healing potion, but it has to be somewhat good."

mogarth
2008-01-13, 09:07 PM
Cain moves swiftly next to Layla his back is to the rock he is alert waiting for his chance to attack!

Tortoise262
2008-01-21, 09:20 PM
Bugbears A, B, and C move around to wait for the Light Warriors at the top of the ramp!

Kats is up now.

TheMeanDM
2008-01-23, 10:57 AM
The monk, seeing the bugbear approaching his companions, rushes from cover and launches into a flurry of attacks.


flurry of blows
1st:
[roll0]

damage
1st:
[roll1]

2nd
[roll2]

damage
2nd:
[roll3]

crit checks/extra damage (just in case)

1st crit check:
[roll4]

crit check
2nd:
[roll5]

extra damage
1st:
[roll6]

extra damage
2nd:
[roll7]

Tortoise262
2008-01-23, 07:08 PM
Bugbear H is seeing stars!
Flurry of Blows is a full-round action, so you can't do both... Just as well anyway

Tortoise262
2008-01-23, 07:11 PM
The two bugears in the nook charge Tarnak with morningstars!
E: [roll0], [roll1]
F: [roll2], [roll3]

Tarnak, Layla, and Randell are up.

Zimmia
2008-01-23, 07:37 PM
Layla

Seeing Tarnak go down, Layla makes an indelicate sound and moves so that she can attack one of the bugbears around Tarnak

The grid indicates that Tarnak is at -4. Is this is wrong my move will be different. Move to Q12 and lob an eldrich orb at bugbear F.
Attack: [roll0] (including +1 for point blank)
Damage: [roll1]

TheMeanDM
2008-01-26, 06:21 PM
Katsuchiyo punches the bugbear in the face with an open palm strike, a loud "Ki-yah!" accompanying the attack.


[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Crit stuff, just in case:


crit check
[roll2]
additional crit damage
[roll3]

Tortoise262
2008-01-27, 03:40 PM
The bugbear next to Katsuchiyo pulls a morningstar and tries to whack him in the chest with it. Meanwhile, the scout on the cliff takes a pithy shot with a javelin! Both miss! Across the way, Tarnak starts bleeding to death!
F gets hit.
Stabalize check for Tarnak: [roll0]

H's morningstar @ Kats: [roll1], [roll2]
G's javelin @ Kats: [roll3], [roll4]

Top of the lineup

webgem
2008-01-27, 04:15 PM
Argin moves deftly about, keeping near to the rocks, and drawing his short sword in hand and keeping the potion in his left, he stand slightly behind the fallen tarnak, and yells defiantly at the two creatures.

mogarth
2008-01-30, 09:02 PM
Cain moves to meet the creature and bashes him with a nunchuck


i forget how to roll ! oh no and i forget spoilers !

Zimmia
2008-01-30, 09:07 PM
Not able to do anything to help Tarnak, Layla hurls another ball of eldrich energy at bugbear 'F'


Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

faithfreebible
2008-02-01, 03:57 PM
Matthias moves forward 15 feet , bow at the ready, just aching to fill another bugbear full of holes...
He spots one standing over Tarnak's unconscious form, and lets loose a shot.

move to O-20
at bugbear F. favored enemy
SHOT:[roll0]
DAMAGE:[roll1]

Tortoise262
2008-02-02, 03:58 PM
I'm waiting on jet. I send him an IM to let him know it's his turn.

Tortoise262
2008-02-07, 08:35 PM
Everyone looks surprised as Randell apparently vanishes before their eyes! Myra Cloakdancer appears and reveals that she made the illusion to test the worthiness of her peers!
[spoiler]Myra can act now. Start on Randell's square[/spoiler

ZeroNumerous
2008-02-07, 09:10 PM
Myra

Myra begins dancing as she moves toward Bugbear F, looking to support Tarnak against both of his enemies. She draws her longsword as part of her movement.

Expending a Bardic Music use to Inspire Courage in all allies within 30ft. Myra, Mineck, Argin, and Layla gain +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls.

Stats:

HP: 12/12
AC: 15

Actions:
Move: 30ft to N13, draw Longsword as part of action.
Standard: Inspire Courage.

Tortoise262
2008-03-03, 09:06 PM
Bugbear G stands by, waiting expectantly
Bugbear H tries to bash Cain with his morningstar, but misses!
Wow, sorry I let this go for so long... And how anticlimactic >_<
[roll0], [roll1]

faithfreebible
2008-03-04, 03:06 PM
still firing like an elf possessed, Matthias launches another volley at one of the bugbears.


rapid shot, favored enemy
both shots at bugbear E

shot 1: [roll0]
damage 1: [roll1]
shot 2: [roll2]
damage 2: [roll3]

mogarth
2008-03-04, 11:20 PM
Cain hits the bugbear infront of him with his nunchucks

attack
[roll0]

[roll1]
damage
[roll2]

[roll3]

webgem
2008-03-06, 10:16 AM
Argin

Seeing Tarnak pass away before his eyes fills Argin with pain and rage, he steps forward with a lunge and yells "For the fallen!"


[roll0]
[roll1]

Tortoise262
2008-03-07, 07:23 PM
Matthias and Argin each strike a blow on Bugbear E!
A, B, and C all fire javelins hopelessly at Katsuchiyo!A: [roll0], [roll1]
B: [roll2], [roll3]
C: [roll4], [roll5]