PDA

View Full Version : (Hob)Goblin Grunts

BRC
2007-11-28, 07:48 PM
My next character will have followers, lots of them (epic level campaign, character is a rouge with leadership and loads of charisma). These followers will take the form of Goblin/Hobgoblin/Kobold/Ect Rebels. I statted out some of the 1st level followers, a Hobgoblin Rebel Fighter and a Goblin Support Trooper
Hobgoblin Rebel Fighter, 1st level warrior
Size/Type:
Medium Humanoid (Goblinoid)

Hit Dice:
1d8+2 (6 hp)

Initiative:
+1

Speed:
30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class:
14 (+1 Dex, +3 studded leather), touch 11, flat-footed 14

Base Attack/Grapple:
+1/+2

Attack:
Crossbow Blades +2 melee (1d6+1) or Heavy Crossbow +2 ranged (1d10+1)

Full Attack:
Crossbow Blades +2 melee (1d6+1) or Heavy Crossbow +2 ranged (1d10+1)

Space/Reach:
5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:

Special Qualities:
Darkvision 60 ft.

Saves:
Fort +4, Ref +1, Will -1

Abilities:
Str 13, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 8
Skills:
Hide +3, Listen +2, Move Silently +3, Spot +2

Feats:
Alertness

Hobgoblin Rebels prefer hit-and run tactics, often focusing their attacks on a Predetermined target. If engaged in a prolonged skirmish they scatter and focus attacks with their crossbows, forcing opponents to undergo a hail of bolts as they move to engage each individual. If they do engage in melee they use the blades mounted on their crossbows.
I mention crossbow blades, a weapon I came up with, the stats for which can be found below.

Crossbow Blades, a pair of blades mounted on either side of the crossbow stock. For the purpose of materials, magic, and being masterwork they count as an individual weapon separate from the crossbow.
Two-handed Martial, 1d6(Medium) 1d4 (small) slashing damage, x2.

Goblin Support, 1st level ranger

Size/Type:
Small Humanoid (Goblinoid)

Hit Dice:
1d8+1 (5 hp)

Initiative:
+1

Speed:
30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class:
15 (+1 size, +1 Dex, +2 leather armor), touch 12, flat-footed 13

Base Attack/Grapple:
+1/-3

Attack:
Crossbow Blades +2 melee (1d4) or Heavy Crossbow+3 ranged (1d8)

Full Attack:
Crossbow Blades +2 melee (1d4) or Heavy Crossbow+3 ranged (1d8)

Space/Reach:
5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:

Special Qualities:
Darkvision 60 ft.

Saves:
Fort +3, Ref +1, Will -1

Abilities:
Str 10, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 6
Skills:
Hide +5, Listen +4, Move Silently +5, Ride +4, Spot +4, Heal +4, Survival +4,
Feats:
Alertness, Track

Favored Enemy: Humans.
Equipment: Healers Kit, Firebomb (One Flask of alchemists fire strapped to two flasks of oil, thrown), spyglass, smokestick, 2 bags of caltrops.
A standard Squad Consists of 4 rebel fighters and 1 support trooper. The Support Trooper tends to stay at the back of the battle engaging with their crossbow, if the target is a structure or something similar the hobgoblins will distract enemy troops while the Support fighter gets close enough to throw a firebomb, or they will give the firebomb to one of the stronger hobgoblins who will throw it. If the group needs cover the support trooper will use a smoke stick. After a skirmish the support trooper will use their healing kit to patch up any wounded squad mates.

Ive got some images when I get around to uploading them. In the meantime any comments/questions/large sums of cash?

Crow
2007-11-28, 07:56 PM
Remember when you stat followers that they get (I believe) a +3 LA if they use PC classes. So a lvl 1 ranger would actually be a 4th level follower.

Expert works well though, especially with warrior mixed in.

BRC
2007-11-28, 07:59 PM
Remember when you stat followers that they get (I believe) a +3 LA if they use PC classes. So a lvl 1 ranger would actually be a 4th level follower.

Expert works well though, especially with warrior mixed in.
All I have to go with is the SRD, which didn't say anything about that. Could I get some confirmation on that?

Crow
2007-11-28, 08:04 PM
All I have to go with is the SRD, which didn't say anything about that. Could I get some confirmation on that?

Actually I believe it was in the 3.0 Epic Level Handbook. Feel free to disregard, unless somebody finds it.

BRC
2007-11-28, 08:34 PM
Actually I believe it was in the 3.0 Epic Level Handbook. Feel free to disregard, unless somebody finds it.
Ah, I see. Well we play 3.5 so it might have changed. Any other comments?

Doresain
2007-11-28, 08:52 PM
there is a crossbow bayonet which functions pretty much the same way as the crossbow blades you made

Enguhl
2007-11-28, 09:01 PM
I mention crossbow blades, a weapon I came up with, the stats for which can be found below.

Crossbow bayonet in Complete Scoundrel

BRC
2007-11-28, 10:17 PM
Hmm, I will investigate this, or more likely I won't since neither me nor my DM has complete scoundrel.

2007-11-28, 10:24 PM

Damn, beat me to it.