PDA

View Full Version : List of “1st level only feats”?

reddir
2022-08-09, 06:53 AM
Is there a list of all or most of the feats that can only be taken at first level?

I expect it would include all [Ancestor] and [Background] feats, most [Regional] feats, and at least a few more.

——————————

Found: https://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/feat-form.pl
It has an option to list only those feats with a Level 1 Only requirement.

A quick scan suggests it does not contain 3rd party material.

If anyone finds a list containing 3rd party material, or a database that can be searched, please post.

Rleonardh
2022-08-09, 07:00 AM
Know there a apprentice feat only level 1.
I know because I give my ranger and paladin the apprentice spellcaster for umd.

Thrice Dead Cat
2022-08-09, 07:23 AM
I believe a good number of regional feats are first level only. There are also a few oddities like Dragon Wings from RotD, which are also normally first level only but may be taken at third level under certain conditions (in the case of Dragon Wings, a Dragonwrought Kobold may take it at third level since DWK is also a first level only feat).

Eldariel
2022-08-09, 07:32 AM
Crystalkeep Indices would be a good resource for this (Crystalkeep itself is defunct but you should be able to find them via Google). You could at least search through the archive for "1st level only" relatively trivially. I don't think there's a separate list but basically, background/ancestor/regional are the big categories. PlzBreakMyCampagn on Minmaxforum also has basically comprehensive indices of everything 3e, which would serve this purpose superbly (I think they're like Excel-files or something so they have very powerful selection tools).

Biggus
2022-08-09, 10:44 AM
I expect it would include all [Ancestor] and [Background] feats, most [Regional] feats, and at least a few more.

What book are background feats in?

Particle_Man
2022-08-09, 01:29 PM
Honorary mention to Toughness? I don't think anyone would take it unless they were first level and desperate for hp. :smallsmile:

reddir
2022-08-09, 05:14 PM
I just found this: https://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/feat-form.pl
It has an option to list only those feats with a Level 1 Only requirement.

A quick scan suggests it does not contain 3rd party material.

If anyone finds a list containing 3rd party material, or a database that can be searched, please post.

Rebel7284
2022-08-09, 06:36 PM
Honorary mention to Toughness? I don't think anyone would take it unless they were first level and desperate for hp. :smallsmile:

I dunno, Tarrasque takes it 6 times after all and that has more than 1HD. :smallwink:

St Fan
2022-08-10, 09:05 AM

We're not supposed to link to non-official sites, but if you can find a working version of the old D&D Tools site, it does have a searchable database.
Typing "1st level" in the "Special" entry gives a good starting list.