PDA

View Full Version : Spellbook Generators

MykulFrost
2022-08-09, 01:23 PM
Having melted my brain attempting to find one on the interwebs, I have just about given up all hope.

What I am looking for is a spellbook generator for DnD 3.5. Something that at least covers the core books. Though if the others are included that's fine too.

Any help would be appreciated.

noob
2022-08-09, 06:09 PM
Having melted my brain attempting to find one on the interwebs, I have just about given up all hope.

What I am looking for is a spellbook generator for DnD 3.5. Something that at least covers the core books. Though if the others are included that's fine too.

Any help would be appreciated.
What did the spellbook generator do?
Or what do you want it to do?
Should it just use captain wizard recipe of picking 4 spells for each spell level by drawing spells randomly as if they were cards from 10 decks(1 deck per spell level)?

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-08-09, 08:18 PM
The DMG and Spell Compendium have roll tables for spell scrolls. Use those to roll for the spells in the book(s)?

Paragon
2022-08-10, 02:31 AM
Myth weavers has a built in NPC generator that covers spells for the base classes

MykulFrost
2022-08-11, 09:14 AM
What did the spellbook generator do?
Or what do you want it to do?
Should it just use captain wizard recipe of picking 4 spells for each spell level by drawing spells randomly as if they were cards from 10 decks(1 deck per spell level)?

Most that I found were either for 5e or the links for them were dead.
Mainly looking for something for 3.5e that has at least the base books.

MykulFrost
2022-08-11, 09:15 AM
The DMG and Spell Compendium have roll tables for spell scrolls. Use those to roll for the spells in the book(s)?

Thanks for the idea.

MykulFrost
2022-08-11, 09:16 AM
Myth weavers has a built in NPC generator that covers spells for the base classes

Thanks for that. It will work till I get the google sheet from one of my players.