PDA

View Full Version : Devotion questions

Rleonardh
2022-08-10, 06:51 AM
1st question: can you get healing devotion on evil characters.
2nd: does the travel devotion allow full attack without pounce?

Nelfin
2022-08-10, 07:03 AM
I don't know for your first question. For the second question, yes you can. Because Travel Devotion is a swift action which is similar to a free action, except that you can only make one swift action per round. And PHB says that you can take free actions in addition to a full round action.

pabelfly
2022-08-10, 07:16 AM
1st question: can you get healing devotion on evil characters.
2nd: does the travel devotion allow full attack without pounce?

There's no restriction as to evil characters and healing devotion. Whether you can find a proper deity that will give you access to Healing Devotion is another question, but you can always worship concepts that involve healing and travel that are still evil.

Travel Devotion works without pounce, so you can get full attacks off with it, but be careful about what you want to use with it. For example, it's not a charge and won't affect abilities or skills based on charging.

Rleonardh
2022-08-10, 07:31 AM
So I can do
Healing devotion as a feat
Do envy and celerity as domain, get contemplative 1 and get strength 😈
If I follow no god.

pabelfly
2022-08-10, 09:15 AM
There's a limit of two Devotion fears, although Clerics get three. Before the section about Devotion feats.

Buufreak
2022-08-10, 09:16 AM
For completeness sake, refer to the mega god database spreadsheet troacctid has in her signature. On mobile, so it isn't gonna be a pretty link, but https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?571607-Comprehensive-Deity-Database

It has most all gods and their domains.

Rleonardh
2022-08-10, 09:31 AM
Thanks Buufreak, that's a helpful link.

Crake
2022-08-10, 10:17 AM
So I can do
Healing devotion as a feat
Do envy and celerity as domain, get contemplative 1 and get strength 😈
If I follow no god.

Lets play devil's advocate as your DM here: What concept do you worship that encompasses those values?

Particle_Man
2022-08-10, 10:27 AM
Lets play devil's advocate as your DM here: What concept do you worship that encompasses those values?

I was envisioning some sort of social-climbing contest for the healthiest and most athletic lifestyle and/or best doctor/trainer for that lifestyle.

Wintermoot
2022-08-10, 10:31 AM
I was envisioning some sort of social-climbing contest for the healthiest and most athletic lifestyle and/or best doctor/trainer for that lifestyle.

"Do you even crossfit, bro!?" screamed the acoloytes as they continued their adulations.

Rleonardh
2022-08-10, 11:20 AM

I'm envious of pelor's clerics ability to heal the sick and celerity(swiftly) want to emulate that and want the strength to do so

Biggus
2022-08-10, 01:42 PM
I'm envious of pelor's clerics ability to heal the sick and celerity(swiftly) want to emulate that and want the strength to do so

You worship your own envy? Not sure that'll fly with most DMs...

Rleonardh
2022-08-10, 05:10 PM
Sovereign Host than lol.