PDA

View Full Version : House, MD

skybreak48
2007-11-29, 01:53 AM
I love House! woohoo! any other House fans out there?

http://apps.facebook.com/iwatchhouse/invite.php?id=4505219

Skjaldbakka
2007-11-29, 01:54 AM
I am also a fan of that show.

Muz
2007-11-29, 01:57 AM
I, too, am also a fan of that show.

...Sorry, couldn't resist. :smallwink: I've liked what they're doing with this season and the reality-show-within-an-actual-show, though was anyone else really torqued when they got rid of Jacob? (I don't remember the character's real name, or the actor's name, but he was the older guy who wasn't actually a doctor. He played Jacob Carter on SG-1, too.)

Vaynor
2007-11-29, 02:05 AM
Good show.

Fuzzy_Juan
2007-11-29, 02:06 AM
I, too, am also a fan of that show.

...Sorry, couldn't resist. :smallwink: I've liked what they're doing with this season and the reality-show-within-an-actual-show, though was anyone else really torqued when they got rid of Jacob? (I don't remember the character's real name, or the actor's name, but he was the older guy who wasn't actually a doctor. He played Jacob Carter on SG-1, too.)

You just know he had to go...can't have a non-doctor...was cool the way he and House kinda got along, but yeah...no need for someone who will just repeat what House already knows...need someone with medical experience that can think in different ways and be able to do procedures.

i did like the fireing of the Mormon guy and cutthroat bitch...the bitch just had to go...damn annoying character and she was pretty much never right...or even close...The mormon guy..he was ok, but you can't side with Cuddy and expect to stay in the good graces of House...see ya.

Hmm...the team is now 4 strong with cameos of Chase and Cameron...interesting...I wonder what Kumar will do next? (yeah his name is something else, but I will eternally see him as 'Kumar' or 'Achmed')

Paragon Badger
2007-11-29, 02:09 AM
Yeah, but at least the old guy didn't get screwed over like the CIA doctor. :smalltongue:

The Extinguisher
2007-11-29, 02:25 AM
Chase and Cameron are still main characters. Not cameos.

Yes, I like the show.

Muz
2007-11-29, 02:27 AM
Well I know they couldn't have a non-doctor, but that seemed like a Houselike thing to do to keep him around. And I just plain liked having him there. He was pleasant, clever...it would've been nice having an older regular around, I thought. The fact that they got along was part of the charm for me, I think. I hate TV shows that think there has to be "conflict" between EVERYone. Sometimes harmony is enjoyable, too, and it helps to contrast and enhance other conflict around it. :smallsmile:

But oh well. I guess he's not coming back. :smallsmile:

hamstard4ever
2007-11-29, 02:44 AM
It's not as though he was lacking in conflict, anyhow. Taub resented the hell out of him and the other candidates didn't seem thrilled with him either.

Incidentally, I must say I like Taub a lot, mostly because I don't like him at all. :smallbiggrin: He's likeably unpleasant in a way that Amber (C.B.) was not. In that regard he's kind of like House, even though their respective vices and flaws are almost completely different.

Fuzzy_Juan
2007-11-29, 03:41 AM
I will say, the conflicts I like most on House are House/Wilson and House/Cuddy...

The fights, banter, and prank wars between the two are awesome on many levels. I think that Wilson is the only person he sees as sort of a peer.

Cuddy...man...he so wants her. I wonder if they will ever get together...you can tell they hint that she might like him too...but he is just so much of an ass and her employee that it is a no-go. But the psychotic abusive power struggles between the two are part of what make the show great.

The paitients and the other doctors on his team...meh, in some ways they could be anyone...but the relations with those two really make the show.

Prustan
2007-11-29, 04:57 AM
Hmm, must have missed the first season. Mormon guy? Cut-throat lady? Old non-doctor guy? Who were they?
Great show though, and I wonder what's going to happen when the next season starts - since he fired Chase and Cameron.

Xefas
2007-11-29, 05:18 AM
I'm a fan of House.

I watched the first several seasons online since I'd missed them on TV, but then the site I was watching them on got closed down for having broken an ungodly amount of laws for hosting all the shows that they did.

So, now I'm screwed...in the middle of the series, and no way to get caught up.

Stupid...copyright laws and what-have-you.

kpenguin
2007-11-29, 05:19 AM
Hmm, must have missed the first season. Mormon guy? Cut-throat lady? Old non-doctor guy? Who were they?
Great show though, and I wonder what's going to happen when the next season starts - since he fired Chase and Cameron.

The new season already started, dude, at least here in the US. Mormon, CTS, non-doctor, Kutner, and so forth are new characters.

Prustan
2007-11-29, 05:33 AM
The new season already started, dude, at least here in the US. Mormon, CTS, non-doctor, Kutner, and so forth are new characters.

Hmmm. Wonder how accurately the 'Mormon' guy is portrayed. I'll watch it anyway, when it starts here in New Zealand, but it would be annoying if he isn't played right.

Archonic Energy
2007-11-29, 06:23 AM
:smallmad:

if you're going to discuss season 4 at least put "(spoilers)" in the title!!!
or better yet use spoiler tags!

/:smallmad:

i too was affected when a nameless TV hosting site was shut down...

Green Bean
2007-11-29, 07:08 AM
I'm still disappointed that House picked Thirteen over CTB. Thirteen, you're great and all, but you remind me too much of Cameron. I don't want to be reminded of Cameron. I want someone who'll stab people in the back for the sake of her patients, dangit! CTB would have been cool. :smallfrown:

Plus, you know, there's a 50% chance Thirteen's going to die horribly, and I don't want to watch the sort of drama the writers are going to make out of it.

EllysW
2007-11-29, 07:32 AM
"House" is about the only thing I watch on broadcast right now.

I also miss older non-doctor, although no hospital would give a fellowship to someone who wasn't an MD, so he was doomed. Good character, though. I don't really care for Taub, but we'll see how he plays out.

CB had to go, though. She was lots of fun for the game, but I don't think she would have been sustainable once it ended. What did she have to motivate her, other than winning?

I wonder how things will go now that the contest is over. Sometimes the solving of the medical mysteries seems a little formulaic: House is confident! House is wrong! House is stumped! Someone else makes an offhand, unrelated comment and House realizes the answer! I hope the new characters will keep shaking things up a while.

I also wonder when 13 will get a name.

Mr. Friendly
2007-11-29, 07:52 AM
Not that I am trying to pick a fight, but I dislike the show intensely.

I admit I have watched it very little, mostly because the characters repulse me so intently.

It very often seems to epitomize all that is wrong with the world.

Green Bean
2007-11-29, 08:54 AM
I also wonder when 13 will get a name.

Thirteen has a name? :smallbiggrin:

Not that I am trying to pick a fight, but I dislike the show intensely.

I admit I have watched it very little, mostly because the characters repulse me so intently.

It very often seems to epitomize all that is wrong with the world.

Okay.

Kaelaroth
2007-11-29, 11:24 AM
I watched this obsessively until Season Three, where, although House (the doctor, not the show), was still outrageously cool, the storylines began to deteriorate. Maybe I should have another look? :smallconfused:

Green Bean
2007-11-29, 11:33 AM
I watched this obsessively until Season Three, where, although House (the dotcotr, not the show), was still outrageously cool, the storylines began to deteriorate. Maybe I should have another look? :smallconfused:

Depends. What did you think of the Cottages?

Kaelaroth
2007-11-29, 11:35 AM
Depends. What did you think of the Cottages?

*looks around*

What now?

Green Bean
2007-11-29, 11:44 AM
*looks around*

What now?

Cameron, Foreman, and Chase. Fan nicknames for the win! :smallbiggrin:

Kaelaroth
2007-11-29, 11:48 AM

Fine. Thrust your fanitude at me. *grumble*

Cameron was stupidly ethically twisted, Foreman was the living incarnation of meh, and Chase was just like me.

Green Bean
2007-11-29, 11:51 AM
Fine. Thrust your fanitude at me. *grumble*

Cameron was stupidly ethically twisted, Foreman was the living incarnation of meh, and Chase was just like me.

In that case, you might like the fourth season. They play a much smaller role, mainly because of *spoilers*.

Glawackus
2007-11-29, 12:14 PM

I know there's going to be someone who's going to come in and ask, so I'll post it now: cottages = little Houses.

Another one: ducklings = little quacks. And Now You Know :smalltongue:

2007-11-29, 12:22 PM
I own seasons 2 and 3. I usually don't watch a show until it comes out on DvD because I don't like waiting.

I was sort of upset about Cameron and Chase and Foreman leaving... and in general I didn't like a lot of season 3.

It seems they keep trying to make House suffer horrible things and do really, really bad things (try to steal a brain cell, try to fake cancer). It makes me like him less as a character. I like him better when he's miserable, but happy being miserable... if that makes any sense.

Green Bean
2007-11-29, 12:27 PM
Another one: ducklings = little quacks. And Now You Know :smalltongue:

Also, it's a reference to how the Cottages follow House around the way ducklings follow their mother around.

Cristo Meyers
2007-11-29, 01:21 PM
House is about the only thing I'll watch on Tuesday night, that is, when Star Wars: Empire at War or KoTOR isn't demanding my undivided attention.

I think my first thought upon seeing one of the Season 4 episodes was "When did the hospital hire the Dread Pirate Roberts?" Then I realized it was just Chase (Cameron? Can never keep their damn names straight...) with a ridiculous wisp of facial hair. Is there some law somewhere that all blonde actors with a non-US accent have to try to look like Men In Tights era-Cary Elwes?

The new characters are kinda interesting, but after awhile it degenerated into the same old stuff. To parrot someone else: House torments the religious guy! Plays a prank on Wilson!

VetMichael
2007-11-29, 03:17 PM
My wife LOVES the series and thinks Hugh Laurie is the Cat's Pajamas (or is it Bee's Knees?)...

as for me: :xykon: meh

Green Bean
2007-11-29, 04:01 PM
I've heard rumours over on Television Without Pity that CTB is going to be back. Which, for me, is awesome. Can anyone confirm or deny it?

She's in my top five favourite characters, the rest being (in no particular order), House, Cuddy, Evil Nurse Brenda, and the as of yet unseen Weird Night Janitor Who Wears His Pants Backwards. :smallbiggrin:

F.H. Zebedee
2007-11-29, 09:54 PM
Personally, I've enjoyed House a lot for about three seasons now. However, they have veered close to jumping the shark like once per season. I mean the whole giving him back his leg? That was great, and then they undid it. That miffed me slightly. And the whole CIA girl thing? If she had stayed more than one episode, I would have stopped watching it.

I dunno, it just seems that they like to dance on the razor's edge. I love the wordplay, the deep discussions, and the mystery, but they like to push some standard drama tripe on the viewers.

Green Bean
2007-11-29, 09:59 PM
Personally, I've enjoyed House a lot for about three seasons now. However, they have veered close to jumping the shark like once per season. I mean the whole giving him back his leg? That was great, and then they undid it. That miffed me slightly. And the whole CIA girl thing? If she had stayed more than one episode, I would have stopped watching it.

I dunno, it just seems that they like to dance on the razor's edge. I love the wordplay, the deep discussions, and the mystery, but they like to push some standard drama tripe on the viewers.

You liked the whole giving back the leg thing? I thought it was pretty bad, myself. I mean, they removed half the muscles in his leg. I don't care how little pain you're in; you don't go jogging when your Quadriceps have been surgically removed.

LordOfNarf
2007-11-29, 11:56 PM
You liked the whole giving back the leg thing? I thought it was pretty bad, myself. I mean, they removed half the muscles in his leg. I don't care how little pain you're in; you don't go jogging when your Quadriceps have been surgically removed.

Ketamine (the drug used for that) is a very strong animal tranquilizer. I did't quite follow the reebooting the brain argument Cuddy make, but I do understand that powerful meds may take away pain.

Paragon Badger
2007-11-30, 12:12 AM
I'm still disappointed that House picked Thirteen over CTB. Thirteen, you're great and all, but you remind me too much of Cameron. I don't want to be reminded of Cameron. I want someone who'll stab people in the back for the sake of her patients, dangit! CTB would have been cool. :smallfrown:

Plus, you know, there's a 50% chance Thirteen's going to die horribly, and I don't want to watch the sort of drama the writers are going to make out of it.

Hopefully the show won't last 30 years. :smalltongue:

I'm hoping 13 stays, mainly because Huntingtons is such a rare disease and I'd like to see, A. How the writers handle it, and B. It needs some publicity. :smallannoyed:

Green Bean
2007-11-30, 08:26 AM
Ketamine (the drug used for that) is a very strong animal tranquilizer. I did't quite follow the reebooting the brain argument Cuddy make, but I do understand that powerful meds may take away pain.

Yes, the pain is gone. But unless my biology teachers have seriously misinformed me, muscles are required to move your leg. Muscles which he no longer has.

Hopefully the show won't last 30 years. :smalltongue:

I'm hoping 13 stays, mainly because Huntingtons is such a rare disease and I'd like to see, A. How the writers handle it, and B. It needs some publicity. :smallannoyed:

I can't argue with that. But I'm afraid this'll turn into Cameron's dead husband.

Rare Pink Leech
2007-11-30, 09:31 AM
Personally, I've enjoyed House a lot for about three seasons now. However, they have veered close to jumping the shark like once per season.

Completely agreed with you. I thought they were going to finally jump the shark at the beginning of the season, when I saw that Chase, Cameron & Foreman all still had billing as main characters.

After the Cottages quit or were fired at the end of last season, I thougt it was a very risky and very cool move by the writers. I mean, who actually dumps half of the principal cast in order to inject some new blood into the show? But when I saw that the actors will still in the show, I thought it was going to be a repeat of the plotline where Cameron left but came back a few episodes later, and it was like nothing ever happened. If that happened, it would have been the lamest excuse to create tension, especially since they already did it.

All that said, I'm quite happy with how events have played out. I do wonder how long it will continue, though. Chase and Cameron still have billing in the opening credits, yet they're in maybe one scene per episode, if at all. It'll be interesting to see what happens after Hosue returns.

dehro
2007-11-30, 02:02 PM
I do rather prefere Hugh Laurie here (http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uf0GAn1zvQ&feature=related) and here (http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=prFOCQ6GLQc)..

Irenaeus
2007-12-01, 01:37 AM
I do rather prefere Hugh Laurie here (http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uf0GAn1zvQ&feature=related) and here (http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=prFOCQ6GLQc)..

Oh yes, much better. I also think the "Jeeves & Wooster" series and "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" is very good. I really gave House a chance because of him, but I felt that when I did not care for it after having seen the entire first season, then I'd probably never like it.

Arioch
2007-12-01, 03:31 AM
I saw a comedy sketch about House once:

House: What is it, Cuddy? I have fifteen patients to belittle before lunch.

Cuddy: Sit down, House, I have something to tell you. I'm afraid you've caught a terrible disease known as....NOT REALLY BEING AN AMERICAN.