PDA

View Full Version : Help with a "Potion Master" build.

Jawziemotto
2022-08-17, 04:00 PM
Hey all, I am just starting a new campaign with some friends and am trying to hammer out a concept I have wanted to make for a while. I want to play a Alchemy/poison/potion master.

So far I have settled on this:
Spellcaster 5 / Alchemical Savant 2-4 / Master Alchemist X

I decided to go with Artificer for my base class, the many bonuses to crafting and the ability to make any potion in the game for my spellvials got the nod over wizard (in the context of min-maxing alchemy and potions.) This journey however has left me with several questions.

1.) Artificer says when I am making a magical item the base costs will be the bare minimum. This to me implies that everything has to be the bare minimum including emulating ability scores for the spells I am reproducing. Sadly I am not well versed in UMD. Is it possible for me as an Artificer to emulate a higher ability score than what is required for the purposes of increasing the spell effects DC?

2.) Do MW artisans tools and an alchemists lab circumstance bonuses stack or does one supercede the other?

3.) I planned on using the feat poison spell to make spellvials that also have poison effects. My Dm and I interpreted it to be able to work but we were a bit washy on it, so any opinions on this are welcome.

4.) Finally if anyone has made a build like this and would like to share what they did, general suggestions are welcome!

Thanks.

Edit: dnd 3.5 and 3.0 content only please.