PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Nalavara the Red, Devil Dragon of Cormyr - the "dragon" with the smallest hoard??

Kate TML
2022-08-18, 04:45 PM
Hi guys!

I have stumbled upon an interesting "dragon" Nalavarauthatoryl. An elf transformed to an ancient red dragon, who brought destruction on early Cormyr in Faerun, started the Goblin War to avenge her perished eladrin lover. She can be found in 3.5e edition and Ed Greenwood/Troy Denning books. Nice story about struggling between early elves and early humans in 1DR.

I've grabbed all pieces of lore together and would like to share it here with you. Added a full transparent timeline so you know when everything happened!
Enjoy!

https:// youtu.be/ wCnUXVgbDi4

Beni-Kujaku
2022-08-18, 05:07 PM
Pretty cool story and good video. I always like to see what epic/netherese/elven high magic can do. Also, technically, Nalavara couldn't be the dragon with the smallest hoard, since dragon ascendant Great Wyrms have to eat their whole hoard to start their ascension and have a chance to become gods, so they don't have hoards at all.

redking
2022-08-19, 03:32 AM
Good video. Subscribed. I've always wondered about the Devil Dragon. I read the novels, but got pretty confused.

ShurikVch
2022-08-19, 05:00 AM
Note: in the video, words "eladrin" and "elf" are, apparently, used interchangeably - but those are two different creatures in the D&D 3e/3.5e/d20

Kate TML
2022-08-29, 04:28 PM
Good video. Subscribed. I've always wondered about the Devil Dragon. I read the novels, but got pretty confused.

Thank you!! Yeah the older the character the harder it to tear through layers of confusing stuff :smallsmile: