PDA

View Full Version : What should the next edition ACTUALLY be called?

Notafish
2022-08-18, 11:12 PM
I'm not a fan of "One D&D"

Personally, I hope they call it either

Dungeons n' Dragons
or
Dungeons & Dragons Nth Edition

so that I can feel better about abbreviating it as DnD

Kane0
2022-08-18, 11:15 PM
D&D 5 and a bit

D&D Anniversary edition
D&D Enhanced
D&D Advanced Basics
D&D Always Online
D&D Reloaded
D&D Oops! all Sword Coast
2 Dungeon 2 Dragon

Sorry i'll stop

Xihirli
2022-08-18, 11:17 PM
AD&D 5e? Go back to their old numbering system instead of

One
Advanced
Two
Two Advanced
Three
Three and a half
Four
Essentials
Five
Apparently One Again

Psyren
2022-08-18, 11:54 PM
6e. But it looks like they're getting rid of editions, so... might as well go with One.

JadedDM
2022-08-19, 12:00 AM
Everyone will probably just call it 5.5E, until WotC finally gives up and goes along with it.

Zhorn
2022-08-19, 12:55 AM
Everyone will probably just call it 5.5E, until WotC finally gives up and goes along with it.
yeah, this.
WotC can try and give it some special name, but the community's pretty much set on either calling it 5.5 or 6e.

Idkwhatmyscreen
2022-08-19, 01:13 AM
I'm partial to ODD edition myself

Mastikator
2022-08-19, 01:49 AM
Chainmail 2e

EccentricCircle
2022-08-19, 02:34 AM
Its worth remembering that they didn't intend to call 5e, 5e either. It was billed as the new definitive edition, and they said at the time that they intended it to be the last. just D&D from now on. So its impressive that they are sticking to that and not reinventing the wheel.

But people need to talk about things, and names are pretty vital for that. D&D next became 5e, and wizards eventually came around to calling it that too.
Thus there is zero chance that this doesn't just end up being v5.5.

That said... Maybe we should call it v5.1. After all, if they are serious about iterating on the 5e system for the next decade or two then maybe we need nomenclature that leaves space for more iterations, rather than have the 3.75 situation where it becomes a but clunky, and doesn't really reflect the changes.

With out knowing their full intentions, its hard to know what when or how subsequent changes will happen until they happen. It would thus be handy if the people in the know at wizards would approve a version number.

The best thing might be to look at the SRD, and see if the issue a revised OGL declaration, and go with the numbering from that.looks as though the current one (in the back of the new Tome of heroes from kobold), says v5.1, so maybe the next iteration is 5.2? Either way it will be messy and confusing, but it will work itself out. This is the way after all.

Vulsutyr
2022-08-19, 03:11 AM
D&D: Very Online
D&D: the return of THAC0
D&D: Final Edition
D&D: Finale Edition
D$D
D&D Last
D&D 5.0
D&D VI
Son of 5e
D&D Infinite

jaappleton
2022-08-19, 04:57 AM
Currently
Internally at WOTC

It's legitimately just called One D&D

stoutstien
2022-08-19, 05:00 AM
Currently
Internally at WOTC

It's legitimately just called One D&D

Probably a place holder though. I think it depends on if they end up tying to keep it compatible with 5e or not as far as final nomenclature is concerned.

Cheesegear
2022-08-19, 05:04 AM
D&D: Bare Minimum Effort Edition

D&D: The Edition That's More Fun to Watch on Streams Than Actually Play

stoutstien
2022-08-19, 05:13 AM
D&D: Bare Minimum Effort Edition

D&D: The Edition That's More Fun to Watch on Streams Than Actually Play

I've actually been pondering over this since the announced this. In my opinion them making a modified version of 5e for online VTT or PbP play is it necessarily a bad thing. I own a handful of quick and dirty style RPGs and they're great for getting people's feet wet or doing pop up sessions.
Same for providing a medium for podcast or live action play as a form of entertainment. I don't understand or enjoy the vast majority of that content but it is popular so they're going to try to capitalize on it.

In the end I really don't care what they're going to call it I'll pick it apart from mechanics that I think are good idea and leave the rest behind the same with every addition or any game that I've ever ran.

Cheesegear
2022-08-19, 06:27 AM
In my opinion them making a modified version of 5e for online VTT or PbP play is it necessarily a bad thing.

Except that's not what they're doing.

They making D&D easy to play on VTT...And if you're not playing on VTT, that's still the version you "have" to play even if you don't want to, because these are the rules now, for everyone. Because eventually, inevitably, access to rules gets obsolete. Books go out of print or D&D Beyond just changes it's stuff and you can't use how you used to play, or more importantly, newcomers to the game, can't play with you, because they don't have access to what you have, even if they do want to play with you.

Same for providing a medium for podcast or live action play as a form of entertainment. I don't understand or enjoy the vast majority of that content but it is popular so they're going to try to capitalize on it.

It's the same as video game streamers doing stuff 'for content.'

You make stupid mistakes on purpose because audience capture, and that's where your revenue comes from. Because of that, it's actually the normies who get punished, who don't stream, because developers absolutely notice when big streamers play their games, and in response, they design content, to be streamed, rather than to be played, and that is so insidious to the people who do actually play the game.

stoutstien
2022-08-19, 06:29 AM
Except that's not what they're doing.

They making D&D easy to play on VTT...And if you're not playing on VTT, that's still the version you "have" to play even if you don't want to, because these are the rules now, for everyone. Because eventually, inevitably, access to rules gets obsolete. Books go out of print or D&D Beyond just changes it's stuff and you can't use how you used to play, or more importantly, newcomers to the game, can't play with you, because they don't have access to what you have, even if they do want to play with you.

It's the same as video game streamers doing stuff 'for content.'

You make stupid mistakes on purpose because audience capture, and that's where your revenue comes from. Because of that, it's actually the normies who get punished, who don't stream, because developers absolutely notice when big streamers play their games, and in response, they design content, to be streamed, rather than to be played, and that is so insidious to the people who do actually play the game.

Eh. I still have my 3X and 4e collection and reference them. I really don't care when they stop supporting a certain addition because I don't care about any artificial divide between a completely fluid style of game. I will completely break ties with them if they stop printing physical books but past that it's not worth the stress to gate keep.

jaappleton
2022-08-19, 06:30 AM
Probably a place holder though. I think it depends on if they end up tying to keep it compatible with 5e or not as far as final nomenclature is concerned.

Agreed. Eventually the marketing team will run One D&D through the wood chipper and come up with something.

Merely mentioning that currently, in-house, there isn't an actual title waiting in the wings.

animorte
2022-08-19, 09:58 AM
I'm partial to ODD edition myself

Because it is rather odd, isn’t it?

Arkhios
2022-08-19, 10:12 AM
Advanced D&D. OH, wait. :smallbiggrin:

Seriously though, if we're going to call it an actual edition, rather than a revision to current, then honestly I'm partial to the following:

"v.5.5"

AS a revision, however, Revised 5th Edition wouldn't be half bad.

Idkwhatmyscreen
2022-08-19, 10:28 AM
Because it is rather odd, isn’t it?

Welcome to odd edition, where farmer is a language and being at least half elf is optimal for every character

Millstone85
2022-08-19, 10:29 AM
D&D Nexter

I will call it 5.5 for now. What I expect to happen, however, is that it will eventually become "PHB2 rules" after the release of another book of Everything and later still a PHB3.

Psyren
2022-08-19, 10:32 AM
Personally I prefer the acronym 1DD since OD&D is already a thing.

As far as compatibility - one of the great things about the open-ended skill system is that you can represent literally any check from any prior module there. So I foresee them keeping this system as the core of D&D for quite some time, at least until it potentially starts to decline. Certainly of all the editions they could have made an "evergreen D&D" from, I think this is the best one.

Millstone85
2022-08-19, 10:49 AM
If it turns out really bad, we can call it NatOne. :smallbiggrin:

Arkhios
2022-08-19, 10:56 AM
If it turns out really bad, we can call it NatOne. :smallbiggrin:

Out. NOW! :smallbiggrin:

KorvinStarmast
2022-08-19, 11:16 AM
The Edition That's More Fun to Watch on Streams Than Actually Play That and NatOne are both good ones.
My suggestion: D&D 50 or D&D 50th.

Easy e
2022-08-19, 11:23 AM
D&D: Spend More

D&D: Zero Sugar

Occasional Dungeons and Sometimes Dragons

D&D: Electric Bugaloo

D&D: Roll Harder

D&D: The D&Dening

Dungeon McDragonface

animorte
2022-08-19, 11:31 AM
D&D Zero: tastes-great-less-filling

I saw this (paraphrased) quote somewhere: “Well, you won’t really go dungeon delving and you’re likely to be dead before you ever encounter a dragon. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to and.

5eNeedsDarksun
2022-08-19, 11:31 AM
Unimaginative non-offensive vanilla DnD

Wildstag
2022-08-19, 11:41 AM
Merely mentioning that currently, in-house, there isn't an actual title waiting in the wings.

Ah yes, the Jaappleton scoop, always fun to find.

D&D Unlimited is my hope, or some similar adjective that removes the numbering system from it. Plus when you use more MTG terms, we could eventually get the D&D Unglued box set.

noob
2022-08-19, 11:42 AM
Dnd the card edition.
It will have 1200 cards made per year, the cards are split in monster cards, trap cards, class cards, spell cards, dungeon cards and "seriously I do not like mundane but here is a vaguely described skill" cards.
You will have to buy cards in boosters each kind of booster giving you a few cards among a set of 400 cards, heavily weighted toward CR 1/4 monster cards, classes will be sorted by rarity in 5 kinds of rarities and the highest rarity classes are stronger.
It will finally fix the problem about people complaining about caster classes due to spell being class independent, however people will be complaining about higher rarity classes being overpowered and obsoleting the lower rarity classes.

NRSASD
2022-08-19, 11:47 AM
D&D Zero: tastes-great-less-filling

I saw this (paraphrased) quote somewhere: “Well, you won’t really go dungeon delving and you’re likely to be dead before you ever encounter a dragon. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to and.

Ahhhhh that’s brilliant!

Greywander
2022-08-19, 11:58 AM
Dun

Or, following the trend of oversimplifying things, one of the following:

&

D

Maybe one of these:

D&D365
Lizards & Lairs
Dragons (because dungeons are scary and might offend some people)
Casters & Coastlines

For more serious suggestions, if their plan is a single unified edition that lasts indefinitely, I like either D&D Infinite or D&D Unlimited. I'm not confident that they can deliver, but in a perfect world...

noob
2022-08-19, 04:29 PM
Dragons (because dungeons are scary and might offend some people)
Dragons are a poorly veiled metaphor for white privilege: simply by being born as a dragon a creature will grow powerful and wealthy without ever needing to work hard (they just need to stay alive).
People easy to offend will be offended no matter what you do.

Zevox
2022-08-19, 04:38 PM
I'll probably just be calling it 5.5E until they come up with a better name than "One D&D."

Greywander
2022-08-19, 05:54 PM
Dragons are a poorly veiled metaphor for white privilege: simply by being born as a dragon a creature will grow powerful and wealthy without ever needing to work hard (they just need to stay alive).
People easy to offend will be offended no matter what you do.
I missed the perfect opportunity to suggest Dragons & Dragons, because dungeons might be offensive, and then follow it up with Dungeons & Dungeons, because dragons might be offensive.

Though I think my favorite meme name is still just &.

HidesHisEyes
2022-08-19, 05:56 PM
Chainmail 2e

This is what it’s all been building up to.

MisterD
2022-08-19, 09:03 PM
5th Edition Unearthed

Tanarii
2022-08-19, 11:05 PM
Dienekes already nailed it. It's D&Done. I'll be using that in any reference to it moving forward.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25553700&postcount=0

animorte
2022-08-19, 11:56 PM
Dienekes already nailed it. It's D&Done. I'll be using that in any reference to it moving forward.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25553700&postcount=0

I saw that as well. It actually makes sense too!

M Jay
2022-08-20, 12:09 AM
They're about to get stuck with "D and Done" or "Odd" or maybe "won'ed". Maybe try for something simple. "D&D Core" ? Or... since this is the last, ending version of rules for this fantasy game how about "Final Fantasy... and Ender Dragons"

Zhorn
2022-08-23, 12:20 AM
So...
the D&D movie is being produced by Entertainment One (eOne)
DriveThruRPG and Dungeon Masters Guild are both subsidiaries of OneBookShelf
And the latest iteration of D&D is codenamed One D&D

is this all connected or a coincidence?

Kane0
2022-08-23, 12:50 AM
Potentially, but adding a One to your product name is pretty standard corporate practice

Zhorn
2022-08-23, 01:01 AM
Likely just a case of observation bias, but OneBookShelf in particular has seemed to be popping up a lot in discussions a great deal on the topic of WotC moving D&D into the digital space since dndbeyond.

Then there's all the rumours on Hasbro potentially setting up for a sale of D&D and the 2024 release is going to be tied up in that.

And then just hearing today about Hasbro entertaining the idea of selling off eOne.

I'll just adjust my tinfoil hat...

Leon
2022-08-23, 01:04 AM
D&D Lite ~ getting more and more slimmer with each edition

Ulsan Krow
2022-08-23, 01:27 AM
Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition --->

Roguelikes and Reindeers 1st edition (release it on Christmas)

Schwann145
2022-08-23, 02:52 AM
D&D Maximumer

Ulsan Krow
2022-08-23, 03:39 AM
D&D Maximumer

Dungeons and Seadragonus Giganticus Maximus

Scots Dragon
2022-08-23, 04:20 AM
I'm partial to D&Done. Probably for different reasons to some of the other people here, but it fits where I am with the game after a good decade and a half of mismanagement.

Anonymouswizard
2022-08-23, 07:30 AM
Honestly whatever they try to call it it'll likely end up referred to as one of:
D&D Sixth Edition/6e
D&D 5.5
D&D 50th Anniversary Edition
D&D Anniversary Edition
D&D 2023

Although I'm personally partial to:
D&D: Semicentury Edition

Honestly, if the name they end up going with is One D&D or similarly stupid I'll just stick to retroclones. Not as suited to my style, but at least I can run them with only one copy of the rules.

KorvinStarmast
2022-08-23, 08:11 AM
Dun
Lizards & Lairs
Casters & Coastlines
Nice.

So...
the D&D movie is being produced by Entertainment One (eOne)
DriveThruRPG and Dungeon Masters Guild are both subsidiaries of OneBookShelf
And the latest iteration of D&D is codenamed One D&D

is this all connected or a coincidence?
That shows us that there's a corporate suit involved, somewhere in the marketing department.

Potentially, but adding a One to your product name is pretty standard corporate practice True enough, like Coke Zero. :smallbiggrin:

Then there's all the rumours on Hasbro potentially setting up for a sale of D&D and the 2024 release is going to be tied up in that.

And then just hearing today about Hasbro entertaining the idea of selling off eOne.

In October 2020, eOne took over as Hasbro's new production arm and began development and distribution of content based on properties from the toy company, resulting in Allspark being absorbed into the acquired company. On February 10, 2021, it was announced that Hasbro would be laying off 10% of its Film and TV division.
In April 2021, eOne announced that it would sell its music division, now renamed as MNRK Music Group, to The Blackstone Group for $385 million.
In August 22, 2022, Hasbro announced that they are considering selling it's entertainment assets, including Entertainment One. Is WoTC an entertainment asset, or a toy asset? Not sure where M:tG fits into all of this.

Honestly, if the name they end up going with is One D&D or similarly stupid I'll just stick to retroclones. Not as suited to my style, but at least I can run them with only one copy of the rules. The PHB 1 PHB 2 thing from a few previous editions really grated on me.

LudicSavant
2022-08-23, 08:43 AM
Tasha's Next Unearthed Arcana Basics for Advanced Expert Options to Master Everything Dungeons & Dragons Immortal 50th Anniversary 5.5 Companion Rules Gaming Guide Edition

Nailed it, just sayin'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyV_UG60dD4

Sigreid
2022-08-23, 09:07 AM
DDA for D&D Arbitrary because the video made it sound like they intend to change the rules just whenever.

Tanarii
2022-08-23, 09:29 AM
Potentially, but adding a One to your product name is pretty standard corporate practice

That shows us that there's a corporate suit involved, somewhere in the marketing department.Indeed. One D&D smells exactly like corporate + executives channeled through marketing.

Previously I'd taken recent publications as proof of complete incompetence on the part of the entire designers / developers team. But maybe the problem is as simple as the execs. I don't know if that means Winnager is the one to fault as the exec suit at fault, or merely the one failing to have vision and push back against higher up WotC executives. I strongly suspect the latter, as WotC D&D and MtG branches that do the real design work are a small fraction of WotC itself, so like many corporations they can easily have a senior executive team out of touch.

Alternatively, it could be as simple as a design team jumping the shark, and successfully selling it to the executives. I've also seen that happen. So maybe the design team really are as incompetent as they seem. Hard to tell from the outside. But from the outside, it's clear something is rotten, and scarily they don't even realize it.

If you told me after 4e Essentials that Mike Mearls was going to be the best thing to happen to WotC D&D, I'd have laughed in your face. But history has proven me flat our wrong.

OracleofWuffing
2022-08-23, 09:51 AM
"One: A Dungeons and Dragons Advance Original Fifth Edition Twilight Core, Hasbro Essentials Meta Online StoryQuest EdgeTable Social e-Adventure, NEXT Coast System Enabled Cooperative Tales Dice Rolling Fusion, From the Post-Mystara Apocalypse Series. Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series, & Knuckles, now with a Funky New Mode.

From the geniuses behind Magic: The Gathering."

Just rolls off the tongue.:smalltongue:

Ulsan Krow
2022-08-23, 10:03 AM
D&D: The Requel

paladinn
2022-08-23, 10:10 AM
D&Done works.. or if the end product sucks, D&Dumb

5e was D&D Next until it was released. Honestly I think we'll end up calling it 5.5 or 6e. 'Cuz we hate typing.

Anonymouswizard
2022-08-23, 10:20 AM
The PHB 1 PHB 2 thing from a few previous editions really grated on me.

You talking about 3.5 or 4e there? But yeah, as much I dislike the 'blah Everything' titles in 5e it's still better than the 4e system of naming books.

Maybe they'll rename the corebooks! Elminster's Guide to Heroes, Raistlin's Tome of Antagonism, and Demogorgon's Stable of Adversaries.

D&Done works.. or if the end product sucks, D&Dumb

5e was D&D Next until it was released. Honestly I think we'll end up calling it 5.5 or 6e. 'Cuz we hate typing.

D&D next had the benefit of a couple of years between the stupid name and release. By the time they were making the books 5e had basically been adopted anyway.

The big question is if 5.5 will still be used to refer to the post-Tasha's paradigm, and whether the new corebooks will be seen as the next step or the designers just properly integrating that paradigm.

Easy e
2022-08-24, 12:54 PM
D&D Infinite - Because you it will be updated all the time and will never have a "finished state" so you can keep throwing money at as more of a pay-to-play model.

D&D Only - The Only TTRPG you will ever need!

D&D One Rule - The only rule that matters, is what the DM says.

D&D present: Strangers & Rollers- The only reason you are playing is because you saw it on Stranger Things or Critical Role.

D&D: Highlander - Because this version will be immortal!

D&D: Generations - Because you kids and your kids kids will be playing it.

Anonymouswizard
2022-08-24, 12:57 PM
D&D: Revelations. Because we couldn't think of an original subtitle.

Miniature Giant Space D&D. Because that joke certainly hasn't been run into the ground.

D&D Online. What do you mean that's already a thing?

Selion
2022-08-25, 05:08 AM
Pathfinder 3 Early Access

Theoboldi
2022-08-25, 05:31 AM
D&D: The Death Knight strikes again

animorte
2022-08-25, 05:46 AM
D&D: The Death Knight strikes again

That reminds me. Having a character anywhere near level 60 in WoW and going into PvP was like being the soccer ball with all the (instant-level-55) Death Knights taking turns snatching you up.

Easy e
2022-08-25, 09:57 AM
D&D: Revelations. Because we couldn't think of an original subtitle.

Nice! In that vein:

D&D: The Rise of.....

D&D: Requiem

D&D: The Game!

Theoboldi
2022-08-25, 10:03 AM
D&D: The Game!

'D&D: The Movie: The Game' surely. Gotta have that brand recognition when we're about to release a cinematic masterpiece. :P

animorte
2022-08-25, 11:04 AM
We’ve finally done it, folks! The next edition, the ultimate experience, the greatest game to ever conquer your table.

Welcome to D&D: Do it Yourself
*pens and paper sold separately

Sounds legit

elyktsorb
2022-08-25, 11:37 AM
Also Also Also D&D

Xervous
2022-08-25, 12:05 PM
One Dandy Game

Dandy - A man who affects extreme elegance in clothes and manners; a fop.

Seems rather fitting for being inoffensive dress up.

Phhase
2022-08-26, 01:03 AM
AD&D 5e? Go back to their old numbering system instead of

One
Advanced
Two
Two Advanced
Three
Three and a half
Four
Essentials
Five
Apparently One Again

Except the current trend is to cull anything that even smacks of "Advanced". Perhaps SD&D 5e? Simplistic?

Easy e
2022-08-26, 11:19 AM
D&D: Splat because that will be 90% f the content, just more splat books.

Psyren
2022-08-26, 01:40 PM

I find 1DD pretty fast and easy myself

KorvinStarmast
2022-08-26, 01:43 PM
I find 1DD pretty fast and easy myself Which leads us to the Wizard of 1DD (https://www.creators.com/read/wizard-of-id/08/22/329745). :smalltongue:

Sception
2022-08-26, 02:50 PM
if it maintains meaningful compatibility with existing 5e mechanical content, people will call it 5.5. if it doesn't, people will call it 6e.

KorvinStarmast
2022-08-26, 09:13 PM
if it doesn't, people will call it 6e. Or "the edition that shall not be named" or something like that. :smalltongue:

Anonymouswizard
2022-08-27, 02:04 AM
Or "the edition that shall not be named" or something like that. :smalltongue:

It'll have to be 'the edition that shall not be named, no not 4e' :smallwink:

rlc
2022-08-27, 06:54 AM
Probably “dud”

Tanarii
2022-08-27, 09:58 AM
It'll have to be 'the edition that shall not be named, no not 4e' :smallwink:
The Edition That Shall Not Be Named, no not 3e, nor 4e.

TETSNBN was 3e originally, coined on dragonsfoot.

Brookshw
2022-08-27, 12:45 PM
The Edition That Shall Not Be Named, no not 3e, nor 4e.

TETSNBN was 3e originally, coined on dragonsfoot.

Since it's supposed to be a living, perpetual edition, shouldn't it be The Edition That Shall Not Be Re-Named?

paladinn
2022-08-27, 12:53 PM
Since it's supposed to be a living, perpetual edition, shouldn't it be The Edition That Shall Not Be Re-Named?

The Game Formerly Known As D&D

Keltest
2022-08-27, 12:54 PM
The Game Formerly Known As D&D

Are they going to just use that dragon ampersand as the actual name?

Elves
2022-08-27, 02:58 PM
Instead of futilely pushing a fakeass name like "OneD&D", they should spend their effort trying to push "5.1" over "5.5". It achieves their goal of not alienating people by sounding like a minimal change. And it achieves their goal of longevity by leaving the door open to further incremental revisions.

animorte
2022-08-27, 04:25 PM
D&D Test (1/20)... since that seems to be the biggest problem with it.

Telok
2022-08-27, 04:25 PM
Lets see..

D&Done because they're done with it.

OD&D so we can get people to sign up for 0D&D games.

D&D Online Subscription because DDOS is a good acroynm.

The Glyphstone
2022-08-27, 04:28 PM
The Tabletop Roleplaying Game Formerly Known As Prince.

Brookshw
2022-08-27, 04:34 PM
The Tabletop Roleplaying Game Formerly Known As Prince.

The VTT Formerly Known As A Tabletop Roleplaying Game.

D&D Episode 6: Return of the Caster.

Xervous
2022-08-30, 06:34 AM
The Edition They Cant be A&&ed to Name?

Spriteless
2022-08-30, 08:00 PM
I think everyone will understand me when I say 5.1

Kish
2022-08-30, 08:06 PM
D&D 6th Edition. I sort of know why this is actually a question, but I don't know why it has serious answers that aren't either "6ed," "5.5ed," or "whatever WotC chooses is clearly correct."

Anonymouswizard
2022-08-30, 08:43 PM
Well at least we know that 7e will be called 2 Dungeons 2 Dragons.

NovenFromTheSun
2022-08-31, 04:06 PM
5.5 but the “.” Is a beholder.

Witty Username
2022-08-31, 09:10 PM
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.

Telok
2022-08-31, 10:17 PM
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.

Thats... really good.

How about "D&D Cash Grab"? No, it isn't... well maybe. Better tho might me "D&D Make It Up Yourself".

Less silly I could see them trying "D&D Forever"... that lasts about 3 years.

noob
2022-09-04, 01:44 AM
D&D 6th Edition. I sort of know why this is actually a question, but I don't know why it has serious answers that aren't either "6ed," "5.5ed," or "whatever WotC chooses is clearly correct."

One dnd is a bad name because it have the same acronym as original dnd
I could very well see people acting like they did with doom 2016(It used to be named doom which was causing ambiguity for all doom related discussion resulting in people giving it a new name) and name the latest dnd edition after its release year

Zhorn
2022-09-04, 03:40 AM

So...
Tomb of Horrors Ravenloft Tiamat Bahamut

Waterdeep Merch
2022-09-04, 10:16 AM
I was going to post some sarcastic thing about just calling it "D&D", not as an acronym, but just D&D.

And then a horrible realization dawned on me, and I checked One D&D.

It's not "One Dungeons & Dragons". It's "One D&D".

I feel ill.

DomesticHausCat
2022-09-04, 12:55 PM
Just 5.5 edition

KorvinStarmast
2022-09-04, 05:38 PM
The Game Formerly Known As D&D Mind flayers will have a Purple Brain, and Purple Dragons will feature in it.

Are they going to just use that dragon ampersand as the actual name?
Prince would have. :smallbiggrin:

Easy e
2022-09-07, 09:22 AM

It should be 2 Dragons, 1 Dungeon

PallyBass
2022-09-09, 03:57 PM
I would prefer "D&D 6e"
or "D&D 5.5e" if its composed of more tweaks than a whole system revamp
or "FF12" if its a Final Fantasy remake/remaster