PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Exorcism Cleric Domain: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

GalacticAxekick
2022-08-19, 10:26 AM
A theme conspicuously overlooked by the Cleric, but one of the most unique functions of clergy, is exorcism! I wrote this domain to fill that thematic gap.

Taking advantage of ideas like the power of Solomon to exorcize and command demons/djinn alike, I've written this domain with the power to seal and release the creatures it exorcizes, in a way not unlike catching and releasing pokemon. 5e lacks summoners, after all!

That said, this is unfinished, and the ideas you can see are spitballed. Let me know how I can finish it and fix it up!

Exorcism Domain

Cleric Level
Spells

1st
Detect Evil and Good, Identify

3rd
Gift of Gab, See Invisibility

5th
Counterspell, Magic Circle

7th
Charm Monster, Private Sanctum

9th
Contact Other Plane, Planar Binding

Words of Rebuke
You learn the Vicious Mockery and Mind Sliver cantrips, and you do not need to be able to see the target of either spell.

Channel Divinity: Arcane Abjuration
Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to present your holy symbol, and force one celestial, elemental, fey, or fiend of your choice that is within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom saving throw, provided that the creature can see or hear you. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can't willingly end its move in a space within 30 feet of you. It also can't take reactions. For its action, it can only use the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there's nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.

After you reach 5th level, when a creature fails its saving throw against this feature, it is banished for 1 minute (as in the Banishment spell, no concentration required) if it isn't on its plane of origin and its challenge rating is at or below a certain threshold (the same threshold as your Destroy Undead feature).

Catch & Release
Starting at 6th level, when you successfuly banish a creature, you can choose to banish it to a harmless demiplane where it is inert and incapacitated. You can store up to six creatures on such demiplanes. Once you have six stored, you can't store another until you have released at least one.

As an action, you can raise your holy symbol and say a prayer to summon one of the creatures you have banished. When you do so, you expend spell slots with a sum equal to or greater than the creature's CR (minimum 1). The creature then appears in an unoccupied space within 90 feet of you.

Potent Spellcasting
Starting at 8th level, you add your Wisdom modifier to the damage you deal with any cleric cantrip.

FEATURE PENDING
17TH LEVEL FEATURE PENDING