PDA

View Full Version : Chef Bard Flavor

Squash63
2022-08-21, 03:00 AM
Hello,
I知 running a Swords Bard flavored as a chef and having a blast with it. I try to keep it as close to the chef flavor as possible like my bardic inspiration being candy that I hand out to party members. I知 looking for ideas on spells that can be flavored as being food related and food related words to serve as my verbal components for spells. What do you got?

Notafish
2022-08-21, 06:47 AM
Well, Vicious Mockery is certainly a skill that you could learn in a kitchen... just watch Gordon Ramsey.

Unseen Sous-chef

Heat Metal seems like it would have some cooking applications

Cloud of Daggers could be flavored as a cloud of chef knives.

Plant Growth doesn't seem like the best spell for combat optimization, but it might be better if you carry herbal seed packets.

Stinking Cloud or Cloudkill could be concentrated spice.

Not sure about magic words outside of ingredient names or cooking show catchphrases.

By coincidence, I am working on a "College of Culinary Arts" bard in the Homebrew section for one of the contests.

Zetakya
2022-08-21, 12:07 PM
Kind of like Pork?

In all seriousness though, think about the spells you can pick up via magical secrets (and even Magical Initiate) as well as just Bard-native spells.

Hal
2022-08-22, 09:10 AM
You know that trope in cartoons where great smelling food has a steamy aroma that turns into hands and beckons someone over?

I think you could flavor any enchantment spell like that (pun intended.)

Leon
2022-08-22, 09:22 AM
You'll want a Handaxe, a selection of daggers and some clubs

Burley
2022-08-22, 10:41 AM
Prestidigitation says you can change the flavor of something, so, that's the magical spice.
I like to do spells as (thing) characters, too. The trick is to not look for spells that are thematic, but to make the spells thematic to you. So, Heroism may not be "food related," but maybe you whipped up a grilled cheese with Hero-vardi. Sleep may be spraying the enemy with Chamomile Tea.

Also, knives aren't the only tools of the kitchen. Maybe you're got a frying pan (mace) or a big pepper grinder (club). Cutting boards and pot lids can be shields.