PDA

View Full Version : Campaign log Calimport/Keep on the Borderlands

Molchmeister
2022-08-22, 01:25 AM
Session 0 my group and DM decide to start in the desert, no backgrounds, no skills, no proficiencies, and 0 level campaign. Races restricted to Half-elf, Halfling, and Non-variant human. We roll stats 4d6K3x 7 drop the lowest, place as desired. Yielding good to excellent results several start with at least one 18. We declare class intentions and discuss roles.
-I claim Barbarian human, with a desire to tank sub-class TBD by party composition.
-P1 goes Wildfire Druid halfling
-P2 goes Paladin half-elf
-P3 Swashbuckler rogue half-elf
-P4 Shadow monk half-elf
-P5 Peace Cleric human
-P6 Artificer armorer human
-P7 Warlock of the Fathomless half-elf
We begin our careers as scions of wealthy families sent to an academy in Calimport. We live the good life and are able to take various classes, granting us knowledge proficiencies, exceptional rolls grant bonus feats. We have servants smuggle in light armor, shields ,and one handed weapons to allow us practice and gain proficiency in our suites. Some of the instructors or senior students know questionable skills to teach us. Four semesters pass we level to level three. I choose totem warrior path of the wolf considering the melee composition of the party. The paladin chooses path of the ancients. The warlock takes a level as shadow sorceror. The graduation ceremony allows us to carry our books, notes, daggers, and wear our light armor under our ceremonial robes. A permanent teleportion circle awaits that is to take us to a grand banquet on the other side of the city where our families await.

We end up in the desert on another teleportation circle, 10 githyanki warriors await us with a Githyanki Knight. They're green like us like some type of graduate set-up ours against yours. A variety of weapons are scattered about the area, but only one of each. Two unconscious (but stable) Centaurs are nearby. I pick up a greatsword a weapon I have yet to get proficiency with at the academy, deferring to the paladin for the long sword. I rage, move, and attack reckless even with only +3 from strength I hit dropping the youngling. The dramatic effect is the others came up and with the advantage I give we took three more down two criticals, and the cleric got a centaur up. They battle ends with them teleporting out with us left stranded at an oasis with a couple of centaurs.

Molchmeister
2022-08-23, 01:38 AM
The oasis has a sizeable body of water, so fish, dates, and various edible cacti (pointed out by the centaur couple) are available. We have very few skills outside academia that we can utilize to survive in this hostile environment. We rest for two days the artificer making arrows and slings and convince the centaurs to take us to their tribe, but we have to keep up. Travel at a fast pace with limited resources while we are not irrelevant in combats along the way the levels of exhaustion from insufficient water/rest take their toll thanks to the centaurs we all survive. When we arrive at the centaur tribe we are able to roleplay into various non-academic skills and tool proficiencies all requiring a check to obtain. Bonus feats are awarded for critical successes. Two characters obtain the Desert Archer feat: 1)You may spend 3 months curing and shaping a tribal composite longbow with this weapon wielders may add both their strength and dexterity modifiers to hit and damage. 2) When you take the attack action with your tribal bow you may also make an attack with the bow as a bonus action. We spend a year with the centaur tribe solving some of their problems and training. They ceremoniously accept us into their tribe giving each of us a token that allows us to determine their location, as they are migrating on a regular basis. They give us directions to a nearby settlement a week away in the greenlands. We are 3rd level and are given a small list of feats to choose for free. One of them being great weapon master, I'm your huckleberry. Enter the Keep on the borderlands.

Molchmeister
2022-09-02, 11:19 PM
We secure lodging at the tavern, the clerk of the Keep sees us in pursuit of adventuring activities, but informs us that another party of adventurers signed up for the most challenging of the assignments. We meet the other in the tavern and party with them wishing them luck. We deal with the Hermit and his pets. We then go into the swamps and deal with the lizardfolk we are a large party so the cheiftain is upgraded to a Lizard Queen. Which Yields a Modified Trident: great weapon, Two-handed 2d6 damage reach 5' on a critical hit does an extra 3d6 damage. I never failed to trigger a bonus action attack in that combat. The Next excursion brings us up against kobolds which though they hit us with multiple snares and traps are unable to damage us significantly. We are now level 4.