PDA

View Full Version : Plasmoids getting into/out of armor question(s)...

samcifer
2022-08-22, 10:22 PM
So I was thinking that the not-solid nature would making donning/doffing armor quicker easier than for 'solids' because you could just go soft, ooze in/out of it and assume a form with limbs. Would this be legal as well as faster than for other races?

Psyren
2022-08-22, 10:50 PM
As written it's the same speed as everyone else... but your DM can let you improvise any action you want, so I would ask them.

stoutstien
2022-08-23, 04:26 AM
As written it's the same speed as everyone else... but your DM can let you improvise any action you want, so I would ask them.
Maybe but maybe not. Since they can't wear the armor as a blob If you apply common sense to the armor description (or the size sidebar)then as soon as you shift you are no longer wearing it in a mechanical sense so the don/doff rules no longer work. Couple that with the squeeze feature and you have basically instant don/doff.

Odd exemption would be the armorer. Arguably you can be an armored ball rolling around.

Psyren
2022-08-23, 11:04 AM
Maybe but maybe not. Since they can't wear the armor as a blob If you apply common sense to the armor description (or the size sidebar)then as soon as you shift you are no longer wearing it in a mechanical sense so the don/doff rules no longer work. Couple that with the squeeze feature and you have basically instant don/doff.

Odd exemption would be the armorer. Arguably you can be an armored ball rolling around.

The rules certainly let you squeeze through the openings in the armor, and maybe even get cover from doing so, but it's still up to the DM whether you count as "wearing it."