PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Gunsinger - Artificer/Bladesinger X or maybe Giff Bladesinger with a pistol?

Wasp
2022-08-23, 04:02 PM
If one is playing in a game that has Artificers having firearm proficiency, I was thinking of the possibility to play a god wizard bladesinger who dips one level in Artificer and therefor can use a pistol (which is not a two-handed weapon) with their bladesong and can stay out of melee (so they are doing mostly normal "god" wizard stuff and only attacks from afar when it makes sense)? What would be the best build for this concept? And would it even make sense?

Mastikator
2022-08-23, 04:25 PM
Guns have reloading and therefore are terrible.

Option 1, take 2 levels of artificer for the reloading infusion (option to go 3, for battlesmith so you can use int as your attacking option)

option 2, skip artificer and take gunner feat, pure wizard because pure wizard is just really good. variant human/custom lineage

Sherlockpwns
2022-08-23, 10:55 PM
Other than like, level 1-4, when would a wizard ever fire their pistol?

I'm just trying to imagine the build objective. I do enjoy the idea of wizard with a gun (which is a game coming out, which has a great trailer... which looks like not my kind of game).

I guess you could self-haste and shoot 3 times at level 6... and that's about all I can think of.

Wasp
2022-08-25, 05:06 PM
How about maybe a Giff Bladesinger? I think a hippo bladesinger using a pistol souds kinda cool!

Seekergeek
2022-08-25, 05:40 PM
… which has a great trailer... which looks like not my kind of game)…

I just wanted to say thank you for making me aware of a game seemingly tailor made for me.

JLandan
2022-08-30, 01:12 PM
If one is playing in a game that has Artificers having firearm proficiency, I was thinking of the possibility to play a god wizard bladesinger who dips one level in Artificer and therefor can use a pistol (which is not a two-handed weapon) with their bladesong and can stay out of melee (so they are doing mostly normal "god" wizard stuff and only attacks from afar when it makes sense)? What would be the best build for this concept? And would it even make sense?

Have you checked out the 5e compatible Iron Kingdoms? There are mundane and magical gun users.

Damon_Tor
2022-08-31, 08:07 PM
Yes.

Then use "fabricate" to build yourself a laser pistol.

Wasp
2022-09-02, 02:49 PM
Have you checked out the 5e compatible Iron Kingdoms? There are mundane and magical gun users.
I'll take a look!