PDA

View Full Version : IC: Dark, Dank Dungeons - Chapter II

Ripptor
2022-08-23, 10:35 PM
https://i.ibb.co/xLsXbDK/Urban-Decay.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Table of Contents

Recruitment (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?629339-Slums-Sewers-and-Dark-Dank-Dungeons-D-amp-D-3-5-Level-2-ENDING-TUESDAY-PM)

Chapter 1 (IC (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?629881-IC-Slums-Sewers-and-Dark-Dank-Dungeons-D-amp-D-3-5-Eberron), OoC (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?629679-OOC-Slums-Sewers-and-Dark-Dank-Dungeons-D-amp-D-3-5-Eberron))

Re-Recruitment (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?648691-Dark-Dank-Dungeons-(3-5-Eberron-Re-Recruitment))

Chapter 2 (IC (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?649082-IC-Dark-Dank-Dungeons-Chapter-II), OoC (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?649083-OoC-Dark-Dank-Dungeons-Chapter-II))

Chapter 2: A Rat's Nest

The party sleeps well in the wake of the day's events, bellies full and bodes warm. As usual, Gomb wakes first from the attic and stretches his wings a bit before coming downstairs to the other rooms, where he finds Cass' door open... and the furniture inside broken. Waking the others, Natrax comes quickly while Aetgexe fetches Fergus from the basement. In Cass' room, the chair back is broken and his wardrobe drawers opened and slightly splintered, stacked on the floor and clothes scattered. The desk and bed appear fine, though the desk drawers have been haphazardly shuffled through. Fergus heads downstairs to call the guards and look around, as the others search the room for more clues.

At first, nothing else appears of interest... But upon leaving the room Gomb spots that the door handle is broken on the inside, turned downwards towards the smaller humanoid just enough to notice. The door handle no longer turns, and on further inspection the door jamb itself has been forced open, with a groove from the door bolt cut out through the wood.
You find nothing else of note in the room. You do notice that Aetgexe appears distraught at the news that Cass is missing and his room destroyed.
Full 8 hours rest, no incident.

Cass is missing, Aetgexe and Fergus are still present as NPCs in the Old Rat Hole Inn.

Nibbles is still locked in the basement, untrained. Training will require the standard 2 months, and a Handle Animal check, there will be time after this module wraps up!

After reactions to Cass' disappearance, we'll head downstairs to join Fergus for the next event

Alhallor
2022-08-29, 07:58 AM
Natrax awakened to a horrible, horrible surprise. With Cass missing and not really much of a clue the young man gives up frustrated, ready to tell the guards, which may not be all that helpful, but at least they would be some more eyes out there for they're missing friend.

While passing Aetgexe he lays a hand on her shoulder. I'm sure he's alright, it's Cass were talking about, either we find him or he stumbles upon us, probably with some bruises but still alright.

Natrax quickly checks downstairs if they may be even more signs of a break-in or if the guards have already arrived.

Metastachydium
2022-08-29, 11:01 AM
Gomb hops all around the room, clearly agitated. This cannot be! But Natrax is right. Cass is the best. he proclaims defiantly, between bouts of enraged chirping. They are so going to regret this! Whoever they are. He flaps his wings with a warlike resolve. Weston was business. Algie is double business. But this? This is personal.

The door has been forced open, and quite violently. But wherefore came the door-forcer? he mutters to himself, suddenly. He almost begins to look around again for a trapdoor, like the one in the guildhouse before it occurs to him that they are upstairs. No trapdoor, then. Instead, he checks the window (he uses windows a lot himself, after all) before turning to follow Natrax and Gexe downstairs, staring very intently at the stairs and the walls flanking it, eyes open for a clue. Any clue.

Once down he only looks around to read the room, the faces of his friend, all distraught like himself, on his way to the front door. Maybe they came in that way? That would spare him the effort of inspecting all the windows. That's bad. Really bad. he speaks up again. What do we do know? Is this Halbin day already? Cass had that Toad friend guy. Or should we just grill the ratperson things again? Maybe on an actual grill this time? he goes on, spouting question after question in rapid succession. This cannot be. This will not be. He'll make sure. They all will.

Searching the window in Cass's room: [roll0]

Spot to spot stuff on and around the stairs: [roll1]

Spot to spot stuff in the barroom: [roll2]

Search the front door: [roll3]
Disable Device to maybe see if it was tampered with: [roll4]

Ripptor
2022-08-29, 04:23 PM
Gexe gives Natrax a shaky smile at the encouragement, and after a few more checks around the room, the three head downstairs after Fergus. In the taproom proper, they find Fergus wrapping up his own search of the main area.

"I 'ent found nothin' amiss, 'ere. Every cask and crate 'counted fer." As Gomb checks the front door, Gexe heads into the basement, weapon drawn in the event they still have company. As Gomb ends his inspection and starts rapid firing questions, Fergus shrugs his wide shoulders heavily. "I'll call the guards and fill 'em in, but they'll not do much with nothin' to go on. Londurak, 'albin, rats... We'll need to find somethin' to start." Fergus heads outside to give a report, and as the door closes they get a glimpse of someone waiting outside, playing a quiet song on a small instrument to pass the time.

Aetgexe returns from the basement, giving a small shake of her head to signal nothing in particular.

Gomb notices nothing at the window or stairs, and at the bottom stairwell finds nothing out of place in the taproom either.

On a close inspection of the door, Gomb finds that the front lock has not been tampered with, and is in perfect condition. In fact, he's quite sure it's never even been tampered with... All tolerances inside the lock are still tight and oiled as the bolt slides in and out, pins softly snapping in and out of place. They did spring to buy a good lock in this neighborhood, and the doorway is undamaged.

As Fergus leaves, he does recall noticing that it was unlocked when he examined it.
One more round of thoughts and checks before we introduce Thorn outside. :smallsmile:

Metastachydium
2022-08-30, 12:13 PM
With a couple of confused chirps added for extra emphasis, Gomb blinks, stares at the door with its majestically perfect lock, blinks again, stares some more and with a sudden hop, turns around abruptly to faces the others (minus Fergus (because he's behind him)). Did we he intones slowly, tilting his round bird head to the side and throwing in a further, hesitant chirping noise. just leave this thing unlocked all night? Such is his bafflement, that the music from outside barely registers with his otherwise keen earholes.

Alhallor
2022-09-01, 09:45 AM
Gomb's question let loose a thinking process in Natrax and with instant clarity (probably thanks to the stimulating music from outside) he recalls the following.

No, I'm sure Fergus closed the door last night and locked it too. All of us then gathered upstairs for our little celebration.

Natrax shrugs his shoulders a little helpless. I didn't got up till now, whatever happened in Cass room must have been pretty silent. Perhaps he got out himself or it really is these rats again.

The young necromancer straightens himself, now a bit more confident. We should go back to the ratcatchers guild I think. When we find the missing catchers I'm sure we at least find a clue to where Cass may be. The toads should still be a day away.

He says it with more confidence then he really feels. Better to have something to do now then to dwell on the disappearance.

Metastachydium
2022-09-02, 11:32 AM
Gomb ruffles his feathers. You think Cass couldn't open his own door so he kind of just destroyed the lock instead and then he kind of just left wothout so much as saying goodbye? another confused chirping noise accompanies the summary. I'm not sure I follow. And what's Weston to do about it? Somehow he knows less than we do and that's weird. a glint of merciless determination passes through his beady bird eyes as he shifts back through the doorway, his wings already rising, if slowly. and what we do know is that the ratperson things are bad news! he goes on. I say we gather up our stuff and save Cass. From them. Because it was probably them.

Ripptor
2022-09-03, 01:00 PM
Gexe is surprised and then relieved to hear the door was open, but not for the full night. "Whoever broke in may have simply left through the front door quietly, then..."

Watching Gomb get worked up, Gexe winces at the anger in his voice at the ratpeople. "We need to save Cass, and hopefully Algie, and whoever else these people are terrorizing... But we also need a plan." Gexe opens the front door of the tavern, looking around and catching the eye of the small humanoid out front. "Apologies, we don't open until tonight. Actually, we might be closed for the day..."

The information as it stands is that:
Algie is missing, possibly dead.
Halbin has a deal at the Docks for tomorrow night
The Toads are partially involved
The Wererats may or may not be involved

It's approaching 9am today, and Thorn outside may have news...

LairdMaon
2022-09-03, 09:34 PM
The rather small woman jumps down from the crate and pockets her instrument. After taking a moment to straighten out her clothing, she approaches the door commenting, "That have anything to do with the missing girl? If it do, i might have some info you lot could use. "
She gestures back to her kit where she had been sitting, "Just let me stash my gear and have a drink to moisten these chapped lips and I'll tell you all I know. "

Metastachydium
2022-09-04, 04:03 AM
Gomb turns around abruptly to size up the newcomer. Maybe? he says cautiously, backing off to give way and motioning to Natrax to get the would-be-informant a drink. Saving Cass is sure worth a beer. We are all ears. And earholes, too.

Alhallor
2022-09-05, 09:54 AM
Well that sounded great! Oh in that case, please come in. I help you carry your stuff too. If Natrax isn't stopped he would carry the stash at least inside and bring the Newcomer a beer (just a normal one today, no need to get derailed if they are lives on the line.)

Please tell us what you know, we have already been pretty involved it seems.

LairdMaon
2022-09-05, 07:07 PM
*By the Host! This is a warmer greeting than I've ever gotten from any enemy fire mage!" The little woman watches carefully as Natrax as he carries her kit in and serves her. She takes a long pull from the barley brew and sets her double bladed knife on the bartop.

"Ahh! That was refreshen!" She sets the now much lighter stein on the wood and points at the weapon, "You folks might want to keep your own tools handy if you want your girl back. She wasn't fighting the guys carrying her down at the docks. Coulda been cause she weren't awake. Was hard to get a read on the guy in the cloak," She takes another pull of beer, "but the other guy was made for a fight. Literally. Built from the ground up like the rest of it's kind. To make a short story shorter than I've been telling it, she was kidnapped and taken shipboard by two thugs."

A Goliath-sized burp comes from deep inside the whisper gnome's body and she brightly adds, "And yes, I'll be happy to join your rescue mission! Too much traveling has me aching to accomplish something."

Alhallor
2022-09-06, 03:58 AM
They have been kidnapped? That was certainly an unusual take. Natrax was sure the disappearances must have been happened in the sewers but that was a completely new angle that…

Natrax flinched heavily on the massive burp, almost reflexively his hand cloaked itself in negative energy which he quickly dispersed. If they are on a ship we should get going immediately. Not that they're getting off with Cass or the others. I'll take my bow and my shirt. We appreciate your help and if we are succesful you can be sure to get more than one beer out of me.

The young man gathers his belongings, wears his chain shirt under his coat and slings a bow over his shoulder and is generally ready to take off, eager to get to these abductors.

Metastachydium
2022-09-06, 07:40 AM
Still standing close by the door, Gomb produces some indignant chittering as he listens to the gnome speak. She speaks weirdly and weird things too. But he understands the urgency of the situation just as well as Natrax does and doesn't hesitate to make his agreement with his expressed sentiments manifest through some vigorous nods.

Halfway through the door, he half-turns back. You say they have one of those machine people, like those the stupid Cyrans used back in their stupid war? That's good to know. he comments, nodding again. Speaking of, he adds suddenly, already in motion again. pack silver if you have some. They have rat things!

With that warning delivered, he spreads his wings to spring into the morning air and pushing in the window of the attic, get back to his nest and gear up for war. They are getting Cass back and they are doing that now. The money retrieving the girl and Algie'd fetch is just the juicy maggot among the breadcrumbs.

Studded leather, shortbow, handax, all arrows, all acid, all potions are equipped.

Ripptor
2022-09-06, 01:42 PM
As Thorn leads the way outside, Aetgexe closes and locks the Tavern door behind them. When Fergus gets back, he'll have his own key. Departing towards the southern docks, Gomb flies back overhead to join them and they wind their way through the city streets.

The slum streets still run afoul with piles of trash and waste in the corners, waiting for removal. The piles get larger and fouler as they approach the docks, where the fish market stalls pile on fresh viscera and bone. Passing through the various market spaces, Gomb gets the sense they are being watched, but can't pinpoint the exact source. Just when he is about to alert the others to his suspicions, a man calls out to the group. A male Drow stands in the center of the dirt path ahead.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/861349067375640606/861448447231262720/324e9608a7d69dc34e315bc36dfc2b07.png

"Stay yourselves, Rats!" The Drow calls out to the group from The 'Ol Rat Hole. "You lot are meddling in affairs that needn't concern you." As the man speaks, two more figures appear out of the side alleyways; One rather large warforged that matches Thorn's earlier description, folding his arms as he stands to flank, and a cloaked figure with a large weapons in each hand, a Glaive and some other polearm.

Smirking at the attention, the Drow continues. "Let this matter rest, and we'll be gone by day's end. It's not worth your trouble."

Players are just past a market square, between four buildings with Thorn's target dock in view at the end of this particular path. Warfarged is large-ish but still Medium, as is the cloaked figure.

Fergus has been left behind, party consists of: Gomb, Natrax, Thorn, and Aetgexe(NPC).

Gomb had a hunch in the market square, but had not spotted anything until they were surrounded in the path / alleyways.

Alhallor
2022-09-07, 05:32 AM
Natrax is focused and concentrated on the way towards the ship, when they get jumped on he is a thrown off balance for a short moment but he takes a decisive step forward an adresses the three figures.

Peraps it's you who doesn't know who you are dealing with? I give you just one damn, little chance to back off, if you attack, you're can be considered lucky if we leave you as a bloody pulp on the Ground.

The young man seems more like a showoff than anything but his voice is clear and confident, his gestures doesn't show even a hint of insecurity.

Intimidation check: [roll0] I don't expect them to back off, even with a good roll, but perhaps they get a little unsure.

LairdMaon
2022-09-07, 08:23 AM
Thorn's crescent knife flicks into her hand with a click. Her eyes dart around judging the terrain for tactical advantages.

Swashbuckler from R17 to S16.

I neglected to mention, she only brought her weapon, armor, clothing, and the candle wicks.

Metastachydium
2022-09-07, 08:43 AM
Gomb ruffles his feathers irritably and in a single uninterrupted flurry of motion flutters up onto the roof of the building to his right pulling his bow free from its sheet just as he plops down. What he said! he spouts in agreement with Natrax, flapping his wings in a manner that might pass as menacing among little songbirds. Also, I'm a bird! he clarifies sternly. That was a bold insult indeed, coming from people working for the rat things!

Flying double move to S18.

Ripptor
2022-09-07, 02:06 PM
The young man's bold words startle the Drow, his eyes raised for a moment before his face twists into a growl.

As the party starts to move, the opponents do the same, the Drow chopping his empty hand in the party's direction, holding the knife at his side. The Warforged spreads his arms wide, and the cloaked figure reveals four insectile arms from within the folds to wield both polearms.

Natrax is up, Initiative and Map in OOC Thread!

Natrax won the Duel of Wills between himself and the Drow, gaining +1 Morale to Attack and Damage vs the Drow in particular.

Pre-Initiative movement isn't possible, as soon as one person starts moving, everyone's reflexes kick in for the fight!

Alhallor
2022-09-08, 02:16 AM
Natrax takes a decisive step forward, draws his bow and in a trained (if not fluent) motion he nocks an arrow and just shoots at the drow, without changing his grim facial expression much. Almost as an afterthought his finger stroke over the Symbol of the silver flame he's wearing believing that his cause and that of his allies is just.

5-foot-step forward towards the drow, drawing my bow as a move action and shooting as a standard.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] 'Duel of the wills' Bonus included.
As a Swift Action I activate Protection Devotion giving everyone of us a +2 sacred Bonus to AC Bumping Natrax up to 19.

Ripptor
2022-09-09, 08:25 AM
Natrax hits the Drow square in the shoulder before he can even move, eliciting a hiss of pain before he responds in kind. Throwing his hand out, two dark missiles veer towards the party's archers: One slamming into Natrax, and the other into Gomb with his own bow in hand. As they hit, tendrils of pain lance through their being in a surprising wave of agony.

Stepping back, the Drow pulls a potion from his cloak, keeping his dagger at the ready.

Meta-Magic Missile vs Natrax/Gomb:

(1d4+1)[3] Damage to Natrax
(1d4+1)[5] Damage to Gomb

Targeting Fortitude save, or fall from the pain (Prone):

(1d20+3)[20] vs Natrax, Fort 12
(1d20+3)[9] vs Gomb, Fort 15

Only Natrax falls to his knees from the pain.
As Gomb is flying 10' above ground, that would incur 1d6 Nonlethal damage if he had fallen. (Saved)

Drow moves 5' backwards and draws an unknown potion.

LairdMaon
2022-09-09, 07:30 PM
Thorn doesn't actually say anything. Bolstered by the rather surprising, but very welcomed, feeling of increased defense, she rolls forward to close distance with the man-sized bug. Her first priority is to stay as close to it as possible.

I'm assuming I'll need to make two Tumble checks.
And thanks to that sacred bonus, I'm looking at having 20AC!
R17 to R16
[roll0]
R16 to S15
[roll1]

Ripptor
2022-09-10, 02:42 PM
As Thorn darts past the Insectile thug on the right, it snaps into unnerving action with the glaive, just barely catching Thorn's left foot with it's hook. As she rolls into the grass, the business end of the blade lands heavily in the ground beside her in a hasty swing.

On the left side, Aetgexe sees Natrax fall and dashes forward to protect him from the Metallic thug just out of his reach. Her rapier bounces off the hulking creature's armor before it responds with a wide swing, resulting in a resounding slam, onto the road beside her.

As the casters fire off and both flanks rushing into battle, the resounding chaos catches little attention from the busy market square 40'-50' back of the party, and nothing from the barren docks ahead.

Grass makes it a Tumble DC 17 check, so one AoO to Thorn

Attack [1d20+6][20] vs Touch, to Trip

Insect Str Check [1d20+8][18]
Thorn Str Check [1d20-5][6] (-4 for being Small)

And, a follow-up attack: [1d20+6][10]
Miss

Aetgexe charges the Warforged, shortest distance to L15 down the road (+2 Att, -2 AC)
Attack: [1d20+7][13]
Miss vs Flat

Warforged moves onto road to block alley (L14)
Attack: [1d20+5][7]
Miss

Gomb is up! Still flying 10' in the air in N18

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/859555138896658523/1018246791709339729/unknown.png

Metastachydium
2022-09-11, 05:42 AM
In a single uninterrupted flurry of motion flutters up onto the roof of the building to his right pulling his bow free from its sheet just as he plops down. That thing the drow did stings and worse yet, he hurt Natrax and the friendly neighbourhood necromancer is now down. That cannot be! Twirling around, the sparrow nocks and arrow and sends it flying in the dark elf's direction.

Move action fly to S17, activating skirmish and readying that bow.
Attack the drow: [roll0] for [roll1] and [roll2] skirmish; Gomb's AC is 20 until the beginning of his next turn.

Ripptor
2022-09-11, 11:53 AM
As Gomb flies onto the rooftops above, a pair of crossbow bolts zing by from a nearby rooftop. The first going high before Gomb narrowly dodges the second in mid-air. Gomb catches the sniper crouching back down behind the roof ridge, a Kobold in a camoflauged cloak with an odd-looking crossbow.

Perching on the rooftop, Gomb fires a deadly bolt towards the Drow, shttoing over the insect's head before piercing him in the arm. As if on cue, the creature shrieks a shrill battle cry, spinning it's dual polearms in a flurry as is steps out onto the road in front of the Drow, now well-defended. The Insect swings at Thorn, but using a polearm in cramped quarters proves difficult. The back haft of the glaive accidentally thwacks of the nearby building corner, lodging the chop into the grassy earth nearby.

Sniper readied action, shoots at Gomb twice:

[1d20+5] Roll: [1] Result: 6
[1d20+5] Roll: [12] Result: 17

Miss, and Miss by Uncanny Dodge!

Sniper attempt to stay hidden:
[1d20+2] Roll: [7] Result: 9
Gomb spots the Kobold Sniper at L10, prone on the Roof behind the awning (Cover)

Gomb's attack strikes the Drow for 10 Damage!

Insect 5' Step to N14, onto the Road and threatening both Natrax and Thorn

Free Action to enter Rage

Attack Thorn, -4AC by Prone (16)
[1d20+8] Roll: [1] Result: 9
Miss

Natrax is up!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/859555138896658523/1018555866296877226/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/859555138896658523/1018556006340505691/unknown.png

Alhallor
2022-09-12, 08:03 AM
Natrax scrambles to his feet, likely catching a whack from the way to big insect and get's one step back to enjoy at least a bit of safety. He stretches out his right arm, clenching his fist, he seems to become even paler than he usually is while he says: You shouldn't have stopped us.

Move Action to stand up, 5 foor step back, standard action casting Bane.
Spell resistance check against Drow: [roll0]
Against Will save, drow: [roll1]
Against Will save, warforged: [roll2]
Against Will save, Insect: [roll3]
Against Will save, Kobold: [roll4] Because it affects every enemy in a 50 foot radius spread, Kobold could be included. If effective affected enemy's get's -1 to attack rolls and -1 towards save against fear. :smallamused:
I don't get the Spell Focus Necromancy bonus because it's actually an enchantment.

Ripptor
2022-09-12, 09:25 AM
As Natrax gets to his feet, the Insectile Thug slashes through his robe and across his chest before the young man's spell washes over the area. The chill is palpable, but fleeting as the opposing crew continues on.

The Drow quickly downs his potion, pulsing once with a green glow before stepping back and pulling out yet another potion.

Insect attack on Natrax:
[1d20+6] Roll: [14] Result: 20

Damage
[2d4+4] Roll: [4, 4] Result: 12, Reduced to 10 by DR

Drow 5' back to Q11, drinking one potion and drawing another

LairdMaon
2022-09-13, 08:09 AM
Thorn rolls at the insect's feet. Very simple, but she has every intention of being, well, a Thorn in his side.

S15 to S14
Tumble!
[roll0]

Wincing at the pain of her new future scar, she unceremoniously gets to her feet.

Ripptor
2022-09-14, 08:16 PM
As Thorn rolls towards the dual-wielding Insect, it slices once with the Guisarme and once with the dual-bladed weapon as she gets in close with the creature.

Seeing the Insect slicing up the only gnome who knows where their destination is, Aetgexe parries with her sword in one hand, spraying magical colors out of her other hand across the Warforged and Insect. The Warforged is unfazed, but the battle-mad Insect goes dizzy before falling limp against the wall. The Warforged takes unkindly to this, slamming Gexe with enough force to rocket her past Natrax and against the far barrel, before sidestepping to the center of the road. With surprisingly little effort, the construct lifts the Insect and throws it over it's shoulder, one hand clenched in a fist to continue the brawl.

Above it all, the fire-fight continues as the Kobold reloads his crossbow and looses another bolt at the moving Gomb, ruffling some feathers as the little target darts around the rooftops.

Gexe casts Color Spray across the Warforged and Insect
Casting Defensively
[1d20+6] Roll: [14] Result: 20

Warforged is Immune
Spell vs Insect, Will DC 16
[1d20+4] Roll: [15] Result: 19
19 overcomes Will

It has 2HD, so is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round.
[2d4] Roll: [4, 3] Result: 7
[1d4] Roll: [4] Result: 4

Warforged attacks Gexe
Charging Minotaur
Str Check
[1d20+8] Roll: [16] Result: 24
Gexe
[1d20] Roll: [6] Result: 6
Up to 15' Pushback
Damage
[2d6+4] Roll: [2, 1] Result: 7
DR Reduces to 2 Dmg
Throws her to P18, against the barrel
5' to Q13, middle of Road
Move Action, picking up the Insect and throwing it over it's shoulder

Sniper reloads, shoots once at Gomb
[1d20+7] Roll: [12] Result: 19
19 vs AC 20, Miss!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/859555138896658523/1019774850954448917/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/859555138896658523/1019774862581059614/unknown.png

Up Next:

Gomb
Natrax
Drow

Metastachydium
2022-09-15, 02:08 AM
Gomb glares at the kobold: messing up his feathers like that was completely uncalled for! Still, the sniper is yet to prove a real threat to anything other than his looks. With a single wingbeat, Gomb springs up into the air and swiftly glides over the gap between his current position and the edge of the roof to his north. As he lands, he's already spinning around and (Gexe having already dealt with the insect) drawing a fresh arrow to loose at that ugly, nasty drow down there.

Move to S13 (the lower left corner of the red roof), activating skirmish and attack: [roll0] for [roll1] piercing and [roll2] skirmish.
Gomb's AC stays boosted to 20.

Ripptor
2022-09-15, 09:33 AM
The Drow watches with displeasure as his guards start to fall, annoyed but not yet deterred. Gomb's arrow flies true towards him, but ricochets harmlessly away with another green pulse. The Drow's attention returns to glowering at Gomb above...

Identify Potion Effect, Spellcraft DC 22

Gexe: [1d20+3] Roll: [11] Result: 14

Effect unknown

Alhallor
2022-09-15, 12:44 PM
That wasn't good. Gexe flew past him and they're new ally was battered into the ground and he felt ready to keel over any moment too. Gombs normally immaculate arrows couldn't find they're target because of some foul dark elven sorcery and he was eyeing they're eye in the sky next.

A summon would take to long and his other spells could very much fail, well time to improvise.

The young necromancer dragged himself past the warforged trying to keep the bug on its shoulders between him.

His hand kept pulsating with negative energy but instead of touching the drow he released his negative energy in a burst catching the warforged, the drow and the insect. If the warforged doesn't crush him into a pulp.

going between the warforged and the drow to affect them with negative energy burst.
Against drow: [roll0]
Against warforged: [roll1]
Against insect: [roll2]
Against they're will, dealing
[roll3] negative energy damage, save for half, as an Su it doesn't provoke AoO and is not subject to SR. I'll probably suffer an AoO from the warforged.

Ripptor
2022-09-15, 09:58 PM
The Warforged swings overhead as Natrax darts past, ducking beneath the great blow before releasing a shockwave of negative energy across the three thugs. The Drow stumbles backwards once more, throwing his hand high and releasing two more darts of energy towards Natrax and Gomb. Natrax grits his teeth through the searing pain, just barely standing between the damage and agony. Gomb's grip on his bow tightens with a chirp, but equally shakes off the pain and keeps footing on his ledge just above.

As the Warforged is momentarily distracted, Aetgexe pushes herself back off the wooden barrel and rushes into her opening, her blade true but skittering harmlessly off the construct's exterior. Surrounded and outnumbered, the Warforged howls in a mechanical fury, it's intricate arcane gears grinding against each other as if gnashing all of it's teeth at once.

Warforged AoO on Natrax
Attack: [1d20+5] Roll: [10] Result: 15
Miss

Natrax deals 2 Dmg to the Drow and Warforged
5 Dmg to the Insect

Drow 5' Step backwards
Magic Missile vs his two attackers
Natrax: [1d4+1] Roll: [1] Result: 2
Gomb: [1d4+1] Roll: [3] Result: 4

Fort vs Prone
Natrax: [1d20+3] Roll: [2] Result: 5
Gomb: [1d20+3] Roll: [11] Result: 14
Both stay standing!

Aetgexe moves to P14
Attack: [1d20+7] Roll: [14] Result: 21
Damage: [1d6] Roll: [1] Result: 1
0 Dmg due to DR

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/859555138896658523/1020094209803440128/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/859555138896658523/1020094219202863104/unknown.png

Thorn is up!

LairdMaon
2022-09-16, 10:02 AM
Thorn steps forward, making use of the metal and stone and wood monstrosity's rage to secure a good home for the twinned blades of her crescent knife.

Here's hoping I can make the most of these attacks!

Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]
Attack 2
[roll2]
[roll3]

Ripptor
2022-09-16, 08:20 PM
Thorn's double knife lodges into the Warforged for a moment before it steps back and slams Natrax against the wall in a bloody heap. The Drow laughs maniacally as the construct removes it hand and the mage falls in a heap against the wall... still alive, but bleeding heavily. Gexe gasps audibly at the kid as she sees him so hurt.

The Kobold Sniper fires once more at Gomb above, to no avail as he dances around the bolt.

Thorn Misses, then Hits for 2 Dmg (After DR)

Warforged vs Natrax
Attack: [1d20+7] Roll: [12] Result: 19
Damage: [1d4+6] Roll: [2] Result: 8

Heal Drow: [1d6+1] Roll: [4] Result: 5

Sniper
Reload, and Attack Gomb: [1d20+7] Roll: [5] Result: 12
Miss

Metastachydium
2022-09-17, 05:24 AM
Gomb goes eerily silent for a moment as Natrax collapses, but the moment passes quickly. Chittering of pure, undiluted wrath bursts forth from his throat as he bolts forwards, running along the edge of the roof, his free wing-hand drawing his axe loose and off he jumps on the keg below to slash at the laughing drow.

Gomb moves up to S11 and then diagonally jumps down on R10; Tumble to negate the nonlethal damage: [roll0] and
Attack the drow with his handaxe (drawn while moving): [roll1] for [roll2] slashing and [roll3] skirmish.
His AC remains 20.

Ripptor
2022-09-17, 11:26 AM
Gomb takes a flying fall onto the barrel below, his axe finding it's way past the Drow's dagger before slamming into his shoulder, near enough his neck to almost kill him instantly. The man falls of the axeblade onto the ground with a noise loud enough to alert the Warforged, who notices the deed with another shout. "Needles! Gods damn it!"

Aetgexe dodges past the further enrages construct to keep it's attention split, surrounding him in a pincer maneuver with Thorn before slicing across some unprotected cabling in it's thigh. "We've got you now, big fella!" She shouts victoriously, finally getting some damage in on the creature.

Gomb's angry attack hits, dropping the Drow!

Natrax bleeding out: [1d10] Roll: [3] Result: 3
Needles bleeding out: [1d10] Roll: [8] Result: 8

Both lose 1 HP
To increase suspense... the remaining Stabilization rolls will be done in secret 🙂
But everyone can tell that they are in fact bleeding out from the initial wound that "downed" them

Aetgexe tumbles to P11, [1d20+10] Roll: [9] Result: 19
No AoO
Attack: [1d20+5] Roll: [17] Result: 22
Damage: [1d6] Roll: [5] Result: 5
3 Dmg after DR

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/859555138896658523/1020732043144999124/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/859555138896658523/1020732269217984512/unknown.png

Thorn is up, then the Warforged and Sniper!

LairdMaon
2022-09-17, 07:26 PM
The Whisper Gnome presses the attack. She moves forward again, slashing at the warforged.

Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]
Attack 2
[roll2]
[roll3]

Ripptor
2022-09-17, 09:43 PM
Surrounded, the Warforged makes a wide sweep with his arm, telegraphed so much that both Thorn and Gexe duck underneath the blow once more... before he steps to the wall, picking up Natrax with one hand and pinning him against the wall by his neck as Thorn continues scratching at the near-golem's armor plating, almost digging into it's knee joint before sliding off once more.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/861349067375640606/1020886806604042290/unknown.png

The Warforged bellows, "Heal the Drow, or the human dies!" Pointing at the fallen Drow and the potion vial still in his hand, presumably indicating that he should take it. Natrax's blood lightly smears the building wall behind him, not a gushing fountain but enough for those watching to understand that it could easily be... too much.

Above, the Sniper stands and steps forward enough to see Gomb and the Warforged below, tense and readied, but waiting...

Warforged
Attack: Both Gexe and Thorn
Gexe: [1d20+6] Roll: [4] Result: 10
Thorn: [1d20+6] Roll: [13] Result: 19
Both Miss

5' Step to R12
Move action, lift Natrax by the neck and up against the wall

AoO from Thorn
[1d20+8] Roll: [20] Result: 28
[1d2+2] Roll: [2] Result: 4
2 Dmg after DR

50% Crit Immunity, on a 2
[1d2] Roll: [2] Result: 2

Second point of crescent knife...
[1d20+8] Roll: [8] Result: 16

Sniper stands up, 5' Move to M10
Sniper Readied action

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/859555138896658523/1020887593556123749/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/859555138896658523/1020887602540314654/unknown.png

Gomb's turn, then ... Stabilization checks for those still unhealed :smallamused:

Metastachydium
2022-09-18, 05:48 AM
Gomb ruffles his feathers. Intense, pure hatred radiates from his beady eyes straight at the warforged. Heal the drow? And undo what Natrax literally bled, that is bleeds for? That isn't fair! But… But Natrax can't die. Not like that. He looks at his unconscious friend and then the drow and then his friend again.

And he hops off the keg.

And he draws a vial from his own belt, unstoppering it.

And faster than the eye can follow, he whirls around to shove it into Natrax's throat.

Okay. So, Gomb free action draws a potion of CLW from his own potion belt (he can do it; that's what potion belts are for);
5' steps to R11; and
surprise full-round forcefeeds it to Natrax for [roll0] healing.

Hopefully, the 'forged is not a monk or something and can't AoO with both hand full.

Ripptor
2022-09-20, 11:48 PM
The Warforged moves just too slow to stop Gomb, but fast enough to punish him for his brazen attempt. Dropping Natrax in one hand, he slams his other fist into the Sparrowling with a frustrated roar, finally making solid contact with something.

Watching it all, the Kobold above wastes no time in tossing down smoking object, blanketing the street with wafting smoke that quickly penetrates the lungs... Except for the Warforged, of course. The sweet smoke chokes for a moment before bringing Aetgexe to her knees, passing out almost immediately. Gomb, still rattled from the hit against the barrel, keeps awake for a moment longer before slumping against the wall and barrel himself, beside the body of the now-saved Natrax.

The Warforged contemplates the bodies for a moment... how easy it would be to just break their necks, here and now. But Thorn peels back his attention, still coughing, and still awake in the light mist.

Allowing the force-feeding, Natrax is stable!
Just in time! :smallsmile:

Warforged does have an arm open for an AoO though
Attack: [1d20+6] Roll: [13] Result: 19
Damage: [1d4+6] Roll: [2] Result: 8
Hit, for 8 Dmg

Gomb triggers the Sniper's Readied Action, throwing a bomb:
10' radius cloud, covering from P10 through R13
All vs Fort

Gomb: [1d20+5] Roll: [17] Result: 22
Aetgexe: [1d20+5] Roll: [11] Result: 16
Thorn: [1d20+5] Roll: [1] Result: 6
Natrax: [1d20+5] Roll: [6] Result: 11

Thorn/Natrax Succeed
Gomb/Aetgexe fail, and are Unconscious for 1 min
Natrax remains Unconscious, but stable.

Thorn is up, then the Warforged and Sniper!

LairdMaon
2022-09-22, 12:08 PM
"No time to worry about the others! This is a complete loss if I think of the rest." the little woman thinks as she jabs at the angry Warforged.

Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]
Attack 2
[roll2]
[roll3]

Ripptor
2022-09-23, 01:54 AM
As Thorn's blades clatter quickly (but ineffectively) against The 'Forged's chest plating, he turns his shoulder away to keep the Insect out of harm's way, but otherwise ignores the issues at hand. He could kill them, but he has more pressing matters at hand... Like getting paid. Stepping over to the ringleader's near-corpse, the construct leans down and administers the potion he almost drank, and almost had fed to him by the spiteful sparrow.

"Damn bird..." He mutters, loud enough for those awake to hear. Not many, now...

The street continues to fill with smoke, still light but still billowing out from the broken object on the ground nearby. The Sniper above has trouble seeing the bodies on the floor, but as the 'Forged steps back he can clearly see Thorn trying her best to chip away at him. Firing a quick shot that goes well wide into the buildingbehind, the kobold starts backing away to pace his metal partner below.

We'll just call it a warning shot...

Thorn's attacks deal no damage against the Warforge's armor

Warforged 5' Move to Q11
Full-Round action administer the Healing Potion to the Drow

Sniper reloads, fires at Thorn
Attack: [1d20+6] Roll: [1] Result: 7
Miss
Sniper 5' move, up to M9

Drow and Natrax Stable, Unconscious
Insect, Gomb, and Gexe Unconscious

Thorn is up!

LairdMaon
2022-09-23, 10:45 AM
Thorn leaps past the warforged's personage and sidles up to the helpless drow. "Make another move, ANY OF YOU!, and I open his throat!"

Tumble to P10
[roll0]
Held Action
Trigger: anyone hostile moves toward her
Action: slash drow's throat

Ripptor
2022-09-30, 08:39 AM
Still focused on the Drow, the Warforged continues to administer to him as Thorn demands attention. When the Warforged leans forward, Thorn stabs at the unconscious man as the Warforged tries to bat the attacks away, but manages to sink a blade into his thigh around the construct's arm.

"Leave us be, little one!" The Forged shouts, slamming at the gnome with considerable force. Stepping forward, it picks up the Drow in its other arm, and again over its (other) shoulder. Now carrying two bodies, the construct appears uninterested in continuing the battle further. The Kobold abov takes another shot at Thorn once the two are away from another, missing once more but getting closer with each attempt.

Thorn readied, attacks Drow
[1d20+4] Roll: [10] Result: 14
[1d20+4] Roll: [1] Result: 5
[1d2+2] Roll: [2] Result: 4
Thorn stabs the Drow once for 4 Dmg

Warforged
Attack Thorn: [1d20+7] Roll: [13] Result: 20
Damage: [1d4+7] Roll: [2] Result: 9
Warforged hits for 9 Dmg
Moves into the Drow's space and picks him up with his other hand, now with both hands full

Sniper
5' Step, away towards the Docks
Attack Thorn: [1d20+6] Roll: [13] Result: 19
Miss!

Thorn's turn

LairdMaon
2022-10-01, 08:40 AM
The crescent knife disappears from Thorn's hand and she looks up at the sniper, both hands held up with fingers splayed. Slowly, she walks backward to the injured members of her new party.