PDA

View Full Version : Need help figuring out where to go next

Railak
2022-08-26, 07:23 PM
So I've got this campaign, it's currently on hold, because I had a bit of a burn out a while back. There's that and I wasn't entirely sure where to take it next.

So the overall story is; the god of trickery has decided to toy with the lives of a group of mortals.
Almost everything they deal with or interact with is twisted in some way from the norm. Especially the quests they undertake.

It's not so much the world and the NPCs or anything like that I am asking for help with. It's the quests to send them on. I need some ideas on what kinds of short quests they can go on between the levels of 6 and 10. Most of the ideas I can come up with are generally higher than that. Like I can't really do anything with dragons or beholders or mind flayers. And I'd really like to avoid repeating any quest ideas.

The party is.. interesting I guess
Human barbarian
Human knight
Tiefling wu jen (built kinda stealth based)
Hellbred cleric (war and strength)
And a lizardfolk sorcerer

Between when the campaign was put on hold and now we lost a player who was a shifter bard. But even without the bard I'm sure they'll be able to handle most situations.
They've been setting up an adventurer guild building just outside a fairly large city. Using the money rewards from quests and any other sources of income.

Ideas I have come up with that could work;
Dealing with a rogue's guild, and dealing with an orc army.. although dealing with the irc army wouldn't be dealing with the army itself, more stuff around it.
The rogue guild would be pretty easy to twist. the orc army I'd have to think about.

Battleship789
2022-08-26, 08:17 PM
A simple way of expanding on the orc army idea would be to adapt the Red Hand of Doom adventure path to your PCs' situation (though the AP uses hobgoblins instead of orcs.) It's a highly praised standalone adventure that runs from level 5 to 11 for a typical 4 man party. It even has a large amount of supplemental materials created by the community to adjust the difficulty or adapt the AP to a different setting (see, for example, the new and improved DM's handbook (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?645018-The-(New)-3-5-Red-Hand-of-Doom-Handbook-for-DMs-Major-Spoilers!-PEACH!) by Saintheart.)

Particle_Man
2022-08-26, 09:35 PM
A gold wyrmling has been abducted by a royal sorceress to sacrifice in a demon summoning ritual. The party must rescue the dragon from the princess.