PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Swordsage Chameleon Scout Build? (1 Flaw)

UltraShiko
2022-08-28, 07:22 AM
STR 13 DEX 18 CON 14
INT 12 WIS 15 CHA 11

Race Human (Able Learner)
Starting Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficinecy (Spiked Chain), Darkstalker (Flaw)
Factotum 1 (All skills, motably the knowledges, spot and search skills for scouting)
Swordsage 1 (Shadow Hand Discipline Focus)
Swordsage 2 (Shadow Blade Feat)
Swordsage 3 (Setting Sun Discipline Focus)
Swordsage 4
Swordsage 5 (Desert Wind Discipline Focus, Adaptive Style Feat)
Swordsage 6
Swordsage 7 (Stone Dragon Discipline Focus)
Swordsage 8 (Gloom Razor Feat)
Swordsage 9 (for Evasion)
Chameleon X (with Knowledge Devotion as the bonus feat, Power Attack, and the two extras as last remaining feats)

Thinking about going Strength instead to save on feats. I’ll only need Power Attack to get the build rolling, but I miss out on gloom razor and a massive Hide modifier. Initially was going LA+0 Tiefling for Darkvision, only to learn that Chameleon needs human and able learner.

May consider dipping into fighter for Improved Trip or some other scout feat. I forget if they get spot and search checks, but I’ll want the knowledges as well regardless. Knowledge devotion is just too useful

Am I spreading my build too thin here?

Maat Mons
2022-08-28, 02:35 PM
I’d aim to get Chameleon started much earlier. If you really want Evasion, there are other ways to get it. Rogue 2 works. And since you said in the other thread that the DM has nerfed Sneak Attack, you can trade it for 2 extra feats using that variant in Unearthed Arcana.

I don’t see Able Learner listed among your feats. It’s a prerequisite for Chameleon. And since you’ll have it, you may not need to bother acquiring all Knowledges as class skills. I assume you’re putting a little in each, not maxing any out. Able Learner lets you do that just fine.

If you’re going the tripping route, Combat Reflexes and Thicket of Blades are excellent picks.

Feat Rogue 1: Combat Reflexes 1st-level feat, Able Learner human feat, Combat Expertise flaw feat, Improved Trip Rogue feat
Feat Rogue 2: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Spiked Chain) Rogue feat
Swordsage 1: Martial Study (any Devoted Spirit) 3rd-level feat
Swordsage 2:
Swordsage 3:
Swordsage 4: Martial Stance (Thicket of Blades) 6th-level feat
Chamelion 1:

Crake
2022-08-29, 03:11 AM
What exactly is the goal with chameleon here? Chameleon by far has it's greatest strength in being an ultra versatile spellcaster, but it's martial abilities are decidedly painfully underwhelming, what are you aiming for?