PDA

View Full Version : The Colors Mason, What Do They Mean?!

KadenSyco
2022-09-01, 02:01 AM
Seriously. what do all these colored words mean? I'm seeing something about a grading system but i can't find a guide anywhere

Lord Raziere
2022-09-01, 02:23 AM
for optimization guides?

They mean some options are better than others, generally. Problem is from what I've seen, the colors often aren't entirely consistent, while a rough general scale of "bad" to "vital" is acknowledged, the actual colors used and how many grades often differ between person to person. in a sense an optimization guide has a layer of subjectivity to it depending on what the writer themselves considers good and how to evaluate it based on their own experiences.

the upshot is that each optimization guide details how its own grading system for options works at the beginning, having nothing to do with the grading system other guides use. it would be impossible to get the community to agree a consistent grading system for options anyways, because first you'd have to figure out how to make the community agree on anything when it comes to this.

OldTrees1
2022-09-01, 08:56 AM
Aside from colors used for grading systems in optimization guides (see Lord Raziere's reply), you might see blue text used to denote sarcasm on this forum. Well, I say "sarcasm" but I mean that term loosely. It is also used as friendly joking rather than true sarcasm. For example:

Of course everyone should automatically know what the colors mean. When I am joking around and agreeing that it is a good question.

There are a few other colors that did not catch on as much.

Socksy
2022-09-02, 08:19 AM
Text in bright red generally indicates that a mod is speaking with modly authority rather than as a member of the forum. It'll be pretty obvious aside from that, though - they tend to label posts with [MOD].

I have seen people use dark purple "for the evulz". Sometimes bolded to distinguish it from the black default text more easily.