PDA

View Full Version : Teamwork benefits

DragonIceAdept
2022-09-01, 02:43 AM
I'm looking for a full index of all teamwork benefits, and a guide to which are generally standouts. I spotted Shared Magic in Forge of War, and it's absolutely insane. Are there any other really good ones?

Sources with them so far: Dungeonscape, DMGII, Heroes of Battle, PHBII, and Forge of War.

Tohron
2022-09-01, 12:04 PM
Incantatrix gets Cooperative Metamagic, which lets them apply one of their metamagic feats to an ally's spell when it's cast INT+3 times per day, if they succeed on a Spellcraft check. It tends to get overshadowed by the individual benefits of the class, but it's still a potent ability, especially if the Incantatrix knows Persistent Spell.

Venger
2022-09-02, 03:06 AM
The sources you've listed are the only splats with teamwork benefits in them. As far as which are best, they're kind of party and campaign dependent. That said, generally, friendly fire evasion & improved, and snap out of it are pretty applicable in normal campaigns and their prereqs aren't too horrible. Teamwork benefits' prereqs are kind of weird. By and large, they're not really worth building around specifically, but if you can find one your party incidentally meets, you might as well take it, versus taking blind-fight or insisting the fighter have 3 ranks in spot or whatever, esp since there's a limited number the party can know.

Saintheart
2022-09-02, 03:23 AM
Incantatrix gets Cooperative Metamagic, which lets them apply one of their metamagic feats to an ally's spell when it's cast INT+3 times per day, if they succeed on a Spellcraft check. It tends to get overshadowed by the individual benefits of the class, but it's still a potent ability, especially if the Incantatrix knows Persistent Spell.

There's something similar for the Spelldancer (MoF), who has Cooperative Dance to reduce the number of rounds available for spelldancing -- which in turn is basically casting spells with metamagic applied to them spontaneously. And the character the Spelldancer cooperates with doesn't have to be another Spelldancer or even another caster, so the bard can get up and help out with his moonwalk.

Troacctid
2022-09-03, 11:49 AM
I have such an index. Here you go. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VSz3GaCBQeXsTWTSBppmd7J0qUBg19d1KaBGGwMeyZg/edit?usp=drivesdk

Biggus
2022-09-03, 12:57 PM

In this vein there's also the Cooperative Spell feat in Complete Arcane. It isn't very good, but it exists.

Anthrowhale
2022-09-03, 01:03 PM
Reading through Troacctid's list, I like:
Wall of Steel (add your shield bonus to someone else even if they already use a shield)
Superior Flank (the team flanks if two members flank. This extends a Double Team pair to the whole team.)
Snap Out of It (extra roll to avoid compulsion per extra team member)
Infiltration (team can Hide&MS at full speed)
Group Trance (only need 4 hours rest/night)

DragonIceAdept
2022-09-06, 12:34 PM
I have such an index. Here you go. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VSz3GaCBQeXsTWTSBppmd7J0qUBg19d1KaBGGwMeyZg/edit?usp=drivesdk

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

ShurikVch
2022-09-06, 02:47 PM
Body Guard (Dragon #339)
Clarion Commander (Tome of Battle)
Double Team (Dragon Compendium)
Formation Expert (Complete Warrior)
Great Teamwork (Oriental Adventures)
Improved Aid Other (Dragon #339)
Pack Feint (Dragon #313)
Pack Tactics (Dragon #313)
Phalanx Fighting (Complete Warrior)
Swarm Fighting (Complete Warrior)