PDA

View Full Version : Primrose and Cassia Shields from hunger games as group patrons! (Stats soon)

Psyche
2022-09-03, 06:45 PM
First of all, yes, I know it is everdeen and snow, respectively. Second, they don't interact in the books nor the movies, but it struck me that they are rather alike, so I made them twins!
They run the Katniss institute of health, a group of psionic, musical healers who are in charge of the healing and shadowfell/ravenloft diplomacy in my campaign Crete. Here is their faction, personality, and group patron, and keep in mind that they are almost identical, though their interests and personas may vary slightly. Quick side note: They are immortal.
Classes: Cassia is a 20th level echo knight with psionic spellcasting focused around healing, she has taken the blind fighting style, and she has 13 levels of soulknife rouge. Primrose is a 20th level stars druid with 13 levels of hmmm... shadow monk??? Might change that later, anyway, here are their personalities, and note that their faction's ideals are their ideals.
Primrose: Ideal: Healing others is a way to make my little life meaningful. Bond: My sister is my everything. Flaw: I can help everyone, if I can't, I'm a failure.
Cassia: Ideal: Two is better than 1. ALWAYS. Bond: My sister is my everything. Flaw: Me and Mr. H are the only ones who can protect Prim.

Perks
Salary:You are paid 1 gp per day while under miss Cassia's service. You are expected to make yourselves useful though, and she doesn't stand a freeloader. Primrose is a bit more... hands on. She will pay you always, but you must be doing everything in your power to help those around you recover from whatever emotional, mental, or physical wounds they have through carefully applied therapy; Prim can't stand a cynic or pessimist.
Documentation You are documented as working for the Shield sisters, which will allow you access to any healer's ward or psionic circle in the country. In addition, if you show this to members of the Trusted(A criminal syndicate lead by Prim's lover, Mr. H), they will be willing to shelter you for up to thirty days. This documentation marks you as a target for miss Luna Strand's organization, however, and soldiers loyal to her mistreat those from the Institute.
Resources The academy holds a large amount of information, and you have access to it. Studies on psionics, music, and healing are most common, but the Insititute holds massive amounts of information stored in "Mind Tomes" objects that psionically impart the information stored in them onto the user. These can hold any kind of information, but most often store things that those who made them either want passed on or hidden from all.
Security Your patron has safe houses guarded by powerful psionics and magical wards, you can live here at a modest lifestyle for free, provided you contribute to the defense and secrecy of these houses.
Guildhall Your patrons have inns that are pledged to their cause of love, healing, care and protection, staying at these places costs half of the usual price.
Recovery You can recover from any wound, mental or physical, at the institute. If you spend a week of downtime at the institute performing no strenuous activity, you gain the benefits of the Power Word Heal and 9th level Dispel Magic spells. This also cures indefinite madness. However, certain ingredients are required for any healing, let your DM decide what, if anything, they are.

Roles in the Institute
Investigator
Healer
Researcher
Infiltrator

Tasks for the Institute
Rescue one of the healers from the grip of the mists, an archfey, an aboleth, or illithid colony
Gather ingredients for one of the miraculous healings
Gather information on Luna's Academy

Enemy Factions
Luna's academy of the elements
General Nergi's army
The Bank of Gold

Friendly Factions
The Flip Side agency
The H Syndicate
Dorian's School of Sorcery
The Moon's Asylum