PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Question

Lolzords
2007-11-29, 05:47 PM
Hey, quick question regarding the ninja "great leap" ability.

A level 4 ninja gets the "great leap" ability, which means that they can jump without the DC being doubled if they didn't take a run up.

For example, to jump across a river, the DC is 20, if you don't take a run up with a normal character, the DC would be 40, if you take a run up, the DC is 20. For a ninja, the DC is not doubled, even if he didn't take a run up.

So here's my question, if the ninja took a run up anyway, would the DC be halved to 10?

averagejoe
2007-11-29, 05:48 PM
No. The ability says nothing about affecting the ninja's running jump DC's.

Frosty
2007-11-29, 05:50 PM
I'd houserule that if the Ninja does get a running start, he gets a +5 bonus to his jump check, making it equivalent to Leap of the Heavens.

Lolzords
2007-11-29, 05:51 PM
No. The ability says nothing about affecting the ninja's running jump DC's.

Ah, I was just using logic.

I thought if a normal characters DC is halved by taking a run up, a ninjas might be too.

Ah well, thanks anyway.

kpenguin
2007-11-29, 05:53 PM
So here's my question, if the ninja took a run up anyway, would the DC be halved to 10?

I'm guessing not. The ability doesn't specifically say that and a feat that gives you the same ability, Leap of the Heavens, says you just get a +5 circumstance bonus on the jump w/ a running start.

Overlard
2007-11-29, 05:54 PM

I thought if a normal characters DC is halved by taking a run up, a ninjas might be too.

Ah well, thanks anyway.
It's not halved by running up, it's doubled by not running up. Ninjas just get around that last bit.

averagejoe
2007-11-29, 06:09 PM

Ah well, thanks anyway.

*shrugs* I dunno, maybe ninjas don't practice running jumps. I was commenting only on RAW. You can, of course, do whatever you like.