PDA

View Full Version : Sacred exorcist druid??

Falcii
2022-09-05, 04:48 PM
So I keep seeing people recommending sacred exorcist as a good prc for druids to get turning from, but how do you qualify for it with the druid spell list? To my knowledge, neither dismissal nor dispell evil are on the druid list. How are you supposed to meet that prereq?

Thurbane
2022-09-05, 05:04 PM
Both of these spells appear in domains, so maybe a dip, or the Planar Touchstone feat?

I'd also take a look here: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?646021

Soranar
2022-09-05, 07:25 PM
The good domain has dispel evil, I don't know any way to get dismissal on your list

there's a few ways to add the good domain to your list: contemplative or divine disciple come to mind, that list mentioned above probably has a few more

Inevitability
2022-09-06, 03:39 AM
The Extra Spell feat is ambiguously worded and might offer your druid the ability to obtain spells from another list: different DMs rule it differently.

The good domain has dispel evil, I don't know any way to get dismissal on your list

Exorcism and Balance domains have it! Balance's granted power is useless for nonclerics and Exorcism has better spells imo (including all-time solid options like Protection from Evil, Remove Curse, and Holy Word).

Soranar
2022-09-07, 12:24 PM
The Extra Spell feat is ambiguously worded and might offer your druid the ability to obtain spells from another list: different DMs rule it differently.

Exorcism and Balance domains have it! Balance's granted power is useless for nonclerics and Exorcism has better spells imo (including all-time solid options like Protection from Evil, Remove Curse, and Holy Word).

never heard of either of them, are they 3rd party?

Inevitability
2022-09-07, 12:30 PM
never heard of either of them, are they 3rd party?

Exorcism is in the Eberron Campaign Setting (Silver Flame grants it) and Balance is from Underdark iirc.

Paragon
2022-09-08, 12:37 AM
What about the Initiate feats from dragon magazines ? They usually grant themed spells and I recall Banishment so maybe Dispel Evil or Dismissal are there somewhere too

pabelfly
2022-09-08, 06:13 AM

there's a few ways to add the good domain to your list: contemplative or divine disciple come to mind, that list mentioned above probably has a few more

Divine Disciple is probably the way to do it, since you get started in DD earlier. You'd have to worship the Silver Flame as your deity, but Exorcism domain gives you both spells.

The other option without worshipping Silver Flame is to get into any class that gives you a Domain, and get the Heretic of Faith feat to swap that domain for Exorcism domain. Requires a bit more resources, but gives you more leeway in terms of alignment and worship options.

Edit: An easier way to qualify is to take Domain Druid and use the Heretic of the Faith feat to get Exorcist Domain.

What about the Initiate feats from dragon magazines ? They usually grant themed spells and I recall Banishment so maybe Dispel Evil or Dismissal are there somewhere too

Neither are on the Initiate list, unfortunately.