PDA

View Full Version : Eternity Smells of Oil (IC)

Eerie
2007-11-29, 06:01 PM
Wilbur, BOB, Tyler.

This is where Wilbur, BOB and Tyler meet. BOB and Tyler are spirits.

It is a plane of rubble, stretching in all direction. Strange rubble, it looks like rocks and sand mixed with building waste - bricks, bits of wood, reinforced concrete fragments, rusty steel beams and shards of glass. The plane is flat (or, rather, looks flat - travesing it would be close to impossible), but here and there twisted structures are protruding out of it, clearly broken yet still raising tens of meters above the surface.
The sky is uniformly brown, but for one place halfway between zenith and horizon, where a shapeless hazy spot of lighter color is emanating a dull light. The air is cool and smells of dust, lime and, for some reason, burned flour. There is no wind. There are no sounds. Nothing moves, except on the distant horizon, where some vague shapes are wavering.
On a huge swelled up outcrop of black rock, a man sits lonely. He is clearly at loss of where he is and where to go.
And not far away from him, two entities are moving through the plane. Both are invisible and incorporeal, but they leave behind a fine trace, some disturbance in the still air. Both are moving hesitatingly, as if they, too, have no idea where they are. Yet, by a coincidence, or perhaps providence, both are moving towards the outcrop, inevitably closing on it and the man sitting there.

bingo_bob
2007-11-29, 07:19 PM
Wilbur Whately

As the spirit's approach, it becomes apparent that the 'man' sitting in the shade of the outcrop is working industriously at something, glancing upwards only rarely. His clothes, a white dress shirt and a pair of dark brown pants, are tightly buttoned, and look slightly too small for him.

An open suitcase lies next to him, containing a change of clothes, neatly folded, some extremely ancient books, thrown in haphazardly, and a dusty set of glassware, such as a chemist might use. He seems intent on a beaker full of a fine, reddish powder, which he stirs gently. Several other beakers lie beside him, full of the same substance.

He looks up, and notices the slight disturbances in the dust. His chinless face pales for a moment, but it's color quickly returns. He tips some of the powder out into his hand, and stands up, unfolding to a height that no ordinary man could ever hope to reach. He pauses, uncertain, then licks the tip of a finger, and holds it up in the air for a moment. Then, without warning, he blows the powder in the direction of the spirits.

"Hm. Spirits. Mind tellin' me whut yer doin' here?" he says, looking directly at them.

Illiterate Scribe
2007-11-30, 08:27 PM
BOB

The foremost of the two spirits walks up to the man by the outcrop. He walks with a slightly feral, but weary, gait, up to where the man is sitting. The rags that cover him are tattered - to break from a usual tradition of tattered rags, these scraps have never been up to much - they were probably made dirty.

He sits down, uncomfortably close, next to the other man. In a response to the question, possibly four or so minutes late, he turns, and gives a savage grin. The expression doesn't go away from his face, like most people's expressions; it just stays there.

Eerie
2007-12-04, 03:35 PM
Napoleon, Deadpool.

It is a dead forest. Seems like it died in the middle of summer, with some sudden blight that stripped the trees from leaves, in a crude mockery of fall. Heaps of half-rotten leaves are lying among the trunks. Light wind is playing with them. Their rustle and thin smell of decay are everywhere, permeating the very air around the black and gnarled branches. Some conifers still have their needles, but those are yellow.
Where no leaves cover the ground, it appears as wet, greasy dirt. Such it is in one place, in the middle of nowhere, where the trees move apart, leaving a large clearing. Near the edge of it, there are some footprins in the dirt. Faint, old footprints of wolverines are recognizable, along with much newer footprints of what could only be a giant wolf.
However, the wolf is not in sight, and the only track that leads to the middle of the clearing are made of prints of pig hoofs. There, among the dirt, stand remains of few buildings. One of them looks like a general store. It is there that pig`s footprints are leading to. Form inside the store, faint sound of tinkling glass can be heard. And somewhere near the clearing one could hear approaching sounds of footstep, along with the unceasing ramblings of their owner.

doliest
2007-12-04, 06:40 PM
The pig will walk out of the store, mumbiling about the 'lack of food', with a gun drawn, only to stare at deadpool before asking-"Another survivor? How did you survive.......friend?" He will keep the gun trained on deadpool, his hoof on the trigger.

bingo_bob
2007-12-04, 08:46 PM
Wilbur Whately

"Oh, yes, ver' scary, spirit. Ver' scary. Yeh really dun't know what yer dealin' with now, do yeh? So iffen you can talk, now'd be a good time to do so, before I bring tha dread curse of Azathoth upon yeh. Iffen not... well, yeh'll have ta communicate in some other way, won't yeh?" says Wilbur, absentmindedly packing away the tightly stoppered beakers of powder. "And if yeh don't know what the curse does... well, how 'bout I show yeh."

Closing the suitcase, he stands up, and turns towards the rock that's giving him shade at the moment. He mutters a series of bizarre syllables, and moves his hands in a manner that suggests that at some points they're moving through each other. Then, with a final 'word', he points at the rock, and it quite suddenly vanishes without a trace.

"So. Now what do yeh say?"

Illiterate Scribe
2007-12-04, 10:22 PM
B.O.B.

The spirit reaches round behind his back, picks up the stone that had just been cursed, and eats it.

He then begins speaking in a didactic tone, redolent of lecturers and philosophers - it's all the worse for the fact that he's essentially speaking gibberish.

But what would happen if you cursed me? Cursed? How would I then be behind myself, and then eat myself? Not saying that I can't, mind you, but - it's not something one makes a practice of. But enough talk; what manner of spirit are you, that would invoke names like that.

A slight change in the smile gives the merest hint that B.O.B. is not overly impressed by the other's mention of a Lovecraftian horror; rather, it seems sardonic.

Hoorex
2007-12-04, 10:28 PM
The pig will walk out of the store, mumbiling about the 'lack of food', with a gun drawn, only to stare at deadpool before asking-"Another survivor? How did you survive.......friend?" He will keep the gun trained on deadpool, his hoof on the trigger.

"Whoa! I talking pig? And you walk too! I must've got hit harder than a thought... unless this is another one of those wacky dimensions comics. I mean, jeeze... give it a rest, will ya? We got enough of that in Age of Apocalypse! I guess it could be worse, though. Could be a cross-over comic. F*** Superman." Deadpool ranted, not even lifting his head to acknowledge the weapon, but finally he looked up and his eyes widened with glee.

"Shoot me... it'll be fun. Then I can have a reason to kill you. Lord knows it's been awhile and you're a talking pig. God, it's like a sign! And you even wear clothes! It's so cute!" He shouts, his voice not unlike a small schoolgirl on her first day of school. That, and the giddy foot stomps give him a pretty convincing portrayal.

doliest
2007-12-05, 12:22 AM
The pig will stare before saying-"I meant no harm....friend, but after all thats happened, I can't tell what is & isn't out to get me. Even moreso than during the first few years of Manor Farm." He will keep the gun trained on deadpool, his hoof just as close to the trigger as before.

Hoorex
2007-12-05, 09:49 AM
"And another thing... how are you even holding the gun? You have hooves... they're not like fingers. You can't like... pull things. So really, I doubt you could shoot me even if you tried. But please, do anyway. Pigs with guns and clothes! What will they think of next?"

doliest
2007-12-05, 05:46 PM
The pig will look at the gun before saying,"The term practice makes perfect mean anything to you? I mean where are you from some other dimension, Manor farm is known everywhere."

bingo_bob
2007-12-05, 08:09 PM
((OOC: The rock is GONE, though. Poof, no more rock. It didn't move, it just... ceased to be. I'll go on the assumption that he picked up a different rock.))

Wibur Whately

Seeing the spirit's reaction, Wilbur rolls his eyes up into the back of his head.

"Great. Jus' great. A spirit whose grasp of real'ty is 'bout as solid as Tsathoggua. Well, that don't mean yeh still can't be useful. Stay there a moment... this shouldn't hurt... me, that is,"

Quickly, before B.O.B. has a chance to react, Wilbur pulls a pocketknife out of his pocket, and slices a small cut on his finger. What comes out clearly isn't blood.
Using this fluid, he quickly etches some strange patterns into the blade of the knife, with a speed that suggests he's practiced this. All the while, he mutters to himself, although the syllables are significantly different than previously, more sibilant than guttural.
He knew that what he was doing was likely a bad idea. The spell, which would limit the spirit's manifestation to within a short distance from the knife, was dangerous and unreliable. Although it would mean that he could keep the spirit with him, if the spirit managed to get the knife in it's own possession, which was especially likely, seeing as the spirit had demonstrated it's ability to affect the physical world, it could go where it pleased, and would probably try to gain vengeance. Furthermore, it didn't actually make the spirit do his bidding.

A dangerous tool and servant was still better than none, however. As the spell reached the crux of it's completion, he lunged forward with a sudden, poweful motion, and plunged the blade into the spirit's heart, or where it would be, were it living. He watches coldly as a small piece of the spirit's essence twists off, and enters the knife. The patterns on the blade glow for a moment, then vanish.

"Well, then," says Wilbur, pocketing the knife, "shall we be going?"

Eerie
2007-12-07, 01:16 PM
Wilbur, BOB

Sky above the rubble plane flickered. Near the sunlike spot of light, a blue dot appeared, then expanded in a series of concentric rings of color. As those rings faded, from their center a line of blue light emerged, streaked the sky like a meteor and disappeared beyond the horizon.
Few seconds later, the plane shook. At the same time, another, wider line appeared and made the same way through the sky.
This time, the plane shook harder, hard enough to drop people of their feet. Dust hung in the air.
No further blue dots appeared in the sky, but it became darker. And in the direction the streaks went, a thick plume of smoke was raising. It seems like the plane was burning there.

Napoleon, Deadpool.

The quake that started in the rubble plane, whatever it was caused by, could be felt quite well at the clearing in the dead forest...

Gnomish Wanderer
2007-12-07, 02:12 PM
Bill

Bill's webbed hands clawed at the rock again as he pulled himself up unto yet another unkempt surface. He sighed and looked back over the changing landscape. Of what nightmare did I awaken? He thought as the world began to shake beneath him. He feel unto four limbs and his eyes searched the landscape for safety, but as quickly as it had come the quake faded. When he regained himself he took another deep breath. Again the rocky outcrop in front of him seemed to becon, and he traveled on.

As he reached another small clearing he looked over to a longer protrusion. A man stood there, a knife glinting in his hands. Bill watched him curiously and silently before changing his path. Maybe I'll find some answers yet.

bingo_bob
2007-12-08, 10:02 AM
Wilbur Whately
Getting up from his feet, pocketknife still firmly in his grasp, Wilbur appears thoughtful for a moment, then appears to make a decision.

"Come, spirit. We're goin' ta see what that light was." he says, picking up the suitcase and walking towards where the light went the second time.

Then, suddenly, he spots movement in the distance. It's too far to really tell but it's movements seem distinctly reptilian.

"Well, well. It would seem that Yig has a visitor for us."

Eerie
2007-12-08, 10:09 AM
(OOC). Wait a minute, gnome_4ever, I told you to join the other group... :smallannoyed:

Ah, well, as you wish...

But next time you better indicate exactly where you are... :smallamused:

Eerie
2007-12-11, 11:55 AM
Wilbur Whately

As you peer into the distance, you see that the plane is indeed burning there, and the wall of fire is probably very big, since you can see it almost on the horizon.

Gnomish Wanderer
2007-12-12, 12:23 AM
Bill

When Bill noticed the man's attention he dropped a little lower, eyes glued forward cautiously. He took a step forward, but slowly, almost meticulous. What kind o' strange creatures be here?

Bill continued moving forward toward Wilbur before saying, "You there! From where do ya come? This place don't seem ta be yer home, so ya must be goin' somewhere."

Eerie
2007-12-14, 03:23 PM
OOC: No comments? Everybody died?

bingo_bob
2007-12-14, 05:08 PM
(Whoops. Forgot to check this.)

Wilbur Whately

"Nor do you." says Wilbur, his voice temporarily losing its rough accent, replaced with a tone of what would seem to be respect. "As for where Ah'm goin', well..."

His voice cuts off, suddenly, and he stares at the horizon afire.

"Ah'm goin' away. Far away. Somewhere not here. Reason bein' that pretty soon, here isn't goin' t'be anywhere." he says, quite quickly.

He bends down, sets down his suitcase, opening it hurriedly. He pulls out a book, its title in incredibly dated English, that appears to be a religious text of some sort, and begins paging through it quickly.

"Do yeh want t'come, or do yeh want t'die?" he asks, as he goes through the book.

Hoorex
2007-12-16, 12:10 PM
Deadpool

"SWINE!? Did you cause this?! What do you know?!" Deadpool suddenly yelled, completely over dramaticizing the situation. The crazy thing about it though was that it was impossible to dramaticize anything, seeing how it's not a word, but that's exactly what he was doing.

With a sleek motion only gained from years of being a ruthless and effective killer, deadpool backflipped before pulling his two sub-machine guns from his belt and sending an array of bullets towards the bloated animal before him.

"This little piggy ran wee-wee-wee all the way home... bub."

doliest
2007-12-16, 09:00 PM
Napoleon will quickly react with a speed that can only be achieved from years as a paranoid dictator by shooting, turning, & running.

Gnomish Wanderer
2007-12-17, 07:11 PM
Bill

"I prefer livin', actually." He smiled a bit, his reptilian features stretching impossibly to accomplish this task. "Who might you-" He sniffed the air while speaking, and was hit with the strangest smell. It seemed to be coming from the man. "What is that? Or, more importantly, what are you?"

bingo_bob
2007-12-17, 11:32 PM
Wilbur Whately

Having apparently found the correct page, Wilbur carefully sets down the book, and begins to trace a large circle in the dirt, around him, BOB, and Bill.
"Th'Who, I can answer. My name's Wilbur Whately. As fer the whut... suffice t'say that that words don't quite exist for what I am. And I ver' much doubt that you'd want t'see. Not that I'd show you.

He finishes the circle, making certain that he is inside of it when he finishes. He picks up the book, looks it over for a minute, and then delicately puts it back in his suitcase, which he snaps shut. He then stands up, and starts making sweeping, imposing gestures with his arms.

"Uncleane Spirits! By the Power granted me by the Moste Holy Spirit Divine, I banish thee, to the foul realms beyonde!.

The circle glows white, and the brightness starts to seep within. Wilbur bends over, picks up the suitcase, and looks at the horizon, then at Bill.

Take a good look. This won't be here in a little bit.

[[OOC: I just realized that our 'team' consists of characters named Will, Bill, and Bob.]]

Eerie
2007-12-19, 04:49 PM
Deadpool.

As Deadpool backflipped, Napoleon pulled the trigger, then turned and ran away. The bullet hit Deadpool in the back, shattering few vertebras.

When Deadpool woke up, regenerated, the pig was gone. So were the two Deadpool`s guns. But, as if meant to replace them, an old army radio laid near him in the dirt.

Hoorex
2007-12-21, 10:13 PM
Deadpool

He smiled, as if awaking from a great dream, though you couldn't tell seeing as how he was wearing a mask. That's what you get for being ugly. If you're ugly, you wear a mast constantly. I mean, even if he didn't wear a mask, they'd still show him in awkward camera angles so people wouldn't feel the full extent of his ugliness. Oh, woe is Deadpool. Anyway, back on topic, he immediately scanned the area for combat, then items to loot. Upon seeing the radio, he shouted outloud, "Hooray! I can bash someone's skull in with that!"

He picked it up and began to fiddle with it, pressing every button he could, and turning every dial, in as many different sequences as possible.

Eerie
2007-12-23, 03:52 PM
Deadpool

The radio began rustling, emitting the unmistakeable whistles of atmospheric noise. Then voices started to appear:

"...faith
This is how I feel,
I'm cold and I am shamed lying naked on the floor,
Illusion never changed into something real
I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky..."

Noise.

"Attention, survivors: eternity does not, I repeat, does not smells of oil. I repeat..."

More noise.

"This is Fallen Eight. Crew One, can you hear me? Crew one, crew one, where are you? Can anyone hear me? Crew two, can..."

Some more noise.
And then, voice of Cable:

"Deadpool, are you dead? I`m looking for you everywhere. I`m at this rusty air..."

Yet more noise, no more voices.

Eerie
2007-12-23, 04:09 PM
Napoleon

The pig ran until he felt he was out of danger. Then he quickly hide inside a dead bush, sat down and listened. There was no sounds of pursuit.

Soon, however, sound of an unfamiliar voice drove his attention. Napoleon carefully peeked out of the bush and saw, quite near him, a creature that could only be an anthropomorphic aardvark.

(OOC: VeisuItaTyhjyys, your enter.)

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-24, 10:45 AM
Cerebus, Napoleon

"Cerebus, Cerebus, Cerebus is sure Jaka's voice voiced around the corner. Cerebus, Cerebus, Cerebus is sure he heard a sound like an angel," the Earth-Pig Born muttered to himself, stumbling and with madness in his eyes. Yet, it was not this catastrophe, or even his missing love, that caused Cerebus' look of madness and insane ravings. No, it was a much more simple cause from a much more simple time; Cerebus was drunk.
"Po! Po!" he yelled, catching sight of a face like an Aardvark's. "Po, have you seen Jaka? Cerebus is looking everywhere for Jaka."

Hoorex
2007-12-25, 12:09 AM
Deadpool

Deadpool bashed the thing wildly against the ground as Cable's voice ended. What the hell?! Rusty air? And Cable was dead! Was this some kind of bad joke? Cause believe me, he was the king of bad jokes, and this wasn't funny. Slowly, he dropped to his knee only to yell to the heavens,

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!"

Gnomish Wanderer
2007-12-25, 01:47 AM
"Wilbuh, you say? Interesting. Well, Bill's me name." he said as Wilbur started his trace. His eyes looked up also to the horizon.

Bill looked around a bit at the rocky grove as the spell grew in power. "Not be here? Where else could it be?" he asked quizzingly. He looked down at the glowing circle and said, "Whar will we be goin' anyway?" as his tongue flicked out instictively.

bingo_bob
2007-12-25, 10:05 AM
Wilbur Whately

Wilbur finishes the spell, picks up his suitcase, and watches as the landscape in the distance vanishes off into nothingness.

"Well, to answer yer first question, it ain't goin' t'be anywhere. It'll jist be... gawn. As fer where we're goin'... 'fraid I don't know that one either. Somewhere more... extant."

The white light completely fills the circle, there's a bright flash, and suddenly Wilbur, Bill, and Bob are gone, nowhere to be seen.

[OOC: Woohoo, page 2! I wonder where we'll go...]

Eerie
2007-12-26, 07:23 PM
Wilbur Whately, Bill, Bob

In a flash of white light, they were gone, leaving only an expanding circle of fine mist.

For them, however, the flash did not end. Light enveloped them, intensified, and turned into a briliant blue color. And suddenly cut off, and they were falling through darkness and empty void. But not so empty, as other things were falling there too, falling in different directions, as if gravity had gone mad. Vague shapes flew past them, some debris, some bodies, few things that were cleary alive and almost too horrible to comprehend - hideous tentacled monsters. One of them was half-human and half-spider...

Deafening screech filled the air, bringing to mind an image of giant cracked crystals rubbing against each other with terrible force, as if something stubborn was trying to stick them back together, trying to repair the unrepairable...

And then, out in the darkness, an eye opened, one blue shining eye, whose gaze brought immense cold. It focused on the falling survivors and fell upon them, like blue shining mouth. But before it could get them, they were gone again....

Wilbur and Bill crashed onto a floor in a dimly lighted room, which, judging by the walls, could belong to a castle. It was filled with rows of shelfs. On the shelfs, strange glassy objects lie. Light was getting into the room from somewhere behind the rows.

Eerie
2007-12-27, 06:29 PM
Mordred, LRRH

Todash descended, with triumphant accord of chimes. Mordred fell into darkness, filled with wind and flying objects. He heard voice of his White Father, mad laughter of his Red Father, and a sound of horn... but all those voices were soon overwhelmed by a tremendous din of what could only be the Dark Tower itself, falling down. It became stronger and stronger, making the Fall of Hounds sound like splatter. And then it stopped.

"I feel a great disturbance in the Force.
As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.
I fear something terrible has happened."

Mordred was falling through silence now. Nothing around him but air. But, then where this voice came from?

"All alone, or in two's,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall..."

And who sung this?

"Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand."

Why was he falling through void and hearing such a strange music? Prime isn`t supposed to look like that.

"But this is no Prime."

Mordred realised he said the last sentence aloud.

"Who is here?" - he called.

And suddenly his fall halted. He floated gently on a spot. Then, with last outburst of chimes, darkness around him blinked, and was gone.

Mordred was standing on a round stone platform, probably hundred feet wide. He could not see what was beyond it, as everything, including the sky, was covered by grey fog. And he was not going to explore it right now, because right in front of him a giant black wolf was standing, looking at him with eyes far too intelligent for an mere animal.

"Hello, Dan-tete." - said the Wolf. - "I was not counting on you to survive."

From somewhere in the fog, a female voice cried:

"MY BEAUTIFUL FOREST!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE OUT IN THE DAYLIGHT!!!"

The Wolf sighed.

"Another unexpected guest. Don`t pay attention, she will find the way here by herself. But you have some questions to ask me, don`t you?"

GuesssWho
2007-12-27, 06:41 PM
"Who are ye? How do ye know me?" Mordred grins. "More importantly, do you have food? Modred bes a-hongy!"
He taps his fingers, thinking. "If ye have food, I will be pleased. If ye have medicine, as well, I will name you my dinh until ka parts us."

doliest
2007-12-28, 12:34 AM
Napoleon will look up at the aardvark before saying,'Hello my fellow animal friend.'

GuesssWho
2007-12-28, 12:49 AM
Mordred grins wider. "If ye don't have food, I'll take my meal anyway, mayhaps. I hunger!"

Gnomish Wanderer
2007-12-28, 03:51 AM
Bill

Incredibly Bill had the strangest look of apathy as he plumeted through the anomalous gravity. He stared on at the things that floated by in silence, just letting his eyes drift to each 'falling' object. Finally when the eye opened he reacted a bit and squirmed to the noise. The chill brought down his blood temperature a bit, making him feel suddenly lazed, yet panicky by its suddeness.

Upon landing on the stone floor, he did his best to move up slowly through the cold. He again let his eyes wonder at each oddity around the room. Finally he turned to Wilbur and said, "Oy. Where have ya brung us?"

bingo_bob
2007-12-28, 11:41 AM
Wilbur Whately
"We're here. We're alive. Beyond that, ah don't know."

Looking around, Wilbur picks up one of the glass objects, and examines it.

UserClone
2007-12-28, 04:33 PM
VLRRH, Mordred

With a disgusted grimace, the stunning, fair-skinned, raven-haired teenage girl pulls her red-hooded velvet cloak over her face. Reaching into the picnic basket she clutches tightly in her right hand, she withdraws two elbow-length silken gloves, which she then dons hastily, wisps of what looks like steam (or maybe smoke?) rising off of the exposed skin, accompanied by a faint hissing sound. She smells something familiar...
"Is that you, dear Big Bad Wolf? Perhaps we should pay you a visit to thank you for your past kindnesses."

Glancing down into the basket, she mutters, "Shall we, Grandma?"

Little Red Riding hood strikes out in the direction from which the scent is strongest, towards a flat, round stone in the distance, perhaps a hundred or so feet wide. Upon it, she can just make out the heads of a couple of figures whose bodies are obscured by the stone's upper edge.

Eerie
2007-12-28, 04:42 PM
Wilbur Whately, Bill

OOC: BOB`s player is busy at the moment, so he wont be here for a while...

The object, which looked like a made of glass model of some unknown organ, was cold to the touch. In Wilbur`s hand, it slightly twitched, and dozens of small spots of multicolored light appeared inside it.
Then some invisible force, like an assault of extra-strong goosebumps, surged from the object, through Wilbur`s arm, into his body and then into his head.
And Wilbur saw a vision. Through the room, that wavered before his eyes, he saw a surface of a frozen sea. It was as if frozen instantly in the middle a storm. There were ships on it, stuck into the ice. But what caught his attention was a stone pyramid protruding from the ice. It was really huge, dwarfing the ships around it, and black. On it`s flat top was a colonnade, inside which something stood that looked like... oh yes, it was a stone sacrificial table. And the vision felt strangely familiar to Wilbur. It had to do with something that slept inside the innards of the pyramid, there under the ice, waiting to be awaken.

"Who is there?"

There was a creak of an opening door, a ray of cold light penetrated the gloom and the vision imploded, leaving Wilbur with the now lifeless object in his hand.

"Oh, visitors. How unexpected. No one visit me usually. Especially here, at my brothers place."

The owner of the voice came towards Wilbur and Bill from behind the shelfs. It was a tall male of indefinite age. He was wearing a riding costume, with silver-embroidered coat and a mantle of black velvet. There was a sabre hanging from his belt, along with two folded umbrellas, one rainbow-colored and one black.

"You like this?" - he asked Wilbur. - "It`s a dream. My brother kept his collection here. Oh, I apologize, I forgot to introduce myself. I`m Ole Lukoie. The younger one."

"And who are you, my guests?"

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-28, 05:05 PM
Mal'Ganis

As Mal'Ganis flew high above, his great leathery wings beating against the sky, still he could see nothing but dead wastelands stretching about him, and he grew weary of this constant search, where are my comrades, my brothers, my fellow Nathrezim? he thought to himself. Though he was loath to admit it, he did not like the thought of life without his fellows, not only were the political machinations of his brethren amusing, but, though he did not doubt his own considerable abilities, they were a great asset to him. Bah, but such thoughts were for another time, or never. As his wings began to tire he decided to take a look around from a lower level, and so he glided down to the ground, finally landing on his great hoofed feet. He straightened his back, flexing his great bat-like wings behind him, and flexed his claws. He looked around and spotted a figure on the horizon, and began walking towards it. He heard the figure scream at the sky, though the words were lost to distance and the wind. And so Mal'Ganis slowly stalked toward the figure in the distance.

Eerie
2007-12-28, 05:23 PM
Mordred, LRRH

The Wolf grinned, showing a row of huge teeth and a scarlet tongue.

"I am Mokgr. I`m neither from here, nor from the real world, but one of those who wander in between. Manipulators, who I work for, judged both worlds to end. The real one did, but here in Fantasia the work is not finished yet. I am now in charge of the Reconstruction. Work for me, and we can build a new world, one that suits us better. Isn`t that what you were meant to do?"

"As for food and medicine - the only medicine I know of is death. You could visit Ole Lukoie for it, but he is rarely accepting personal orders. And I`m sure you will find plenty of food here. There, she can help you."

Mokgr lifted his huge paw and pointed towards the Red Hood, who just climbed the stone platform.

"Hello, my dear." - the Wolf said as she approached. - "What big fangs you have!"

Eerie
2007-12-28, 05:33 PM
Deadpool, Mal'Ganis

"Not "air", you moron" - voice of Cable said. - "Aircraft carrier. It`s near the beach. I`m kinda tied here at the moment, so try to locate it. It has a big fugure EIGHT written on. Deadpool? Do you hear me? Deadp..."

But at this point Deadpool wad distracted from the radio by a huge winged demon that appeared from behind a tree.

GuesssWho
2007-12-28, 05:42 PM
Mordred sighs. "Ah, well-there will be water if God wills it. At least it isn't so cold here. The cold was more than half the problem."
He turns to Red. "Yon wolf says ye have food, sai."

Eerie
2007-12-28, 05:54 PM
OOC: GuesssWho, will you freaking title the freaking posts? :smallannoyed:

GuesssWho
2007-12-28, 06:12 PM
OOC: Sorry!

bingo_bob
2007-12-28, 08:50 PM
((OOC: Glass object of plot hook +5! Also: My god, Eerie, you dig deep for characters. It's amazing.))

Wilbur Whately

"A dream. Is thet so. Th'reel question, though, is... was thet a dream of th'future, or just a dream..." mutters Wilbur to himself, at a volume just loud enough to be heard.

Focusing his attention on Ole, Wilbur speaks: "Mah name is Wilbur. Wilbur Whately, last of the Whatelys. And... wait a minute. Yer brother 'kept' dreams? That'd mean he's stopped. Any reason fer that, exactly? And, if yeh don't mind my askin'... where are we?"

puppyavenger
2007-12-28, 10:36 PM
Ikit, Deadpool, Mal'Ganis With a sudden burst of green flame a creatue thst can only be described as giant bipedal rat with a mechanicle arm and a facemask, weaaring fullplate emerged. Turning to a the leatherfaced demon he imidiatly pull ed out a strange pistol with a chunk of dark-green rock in the middle and pointed it at him. "Demon-thing. What-what have you-you done with my army? who-who are you? where are we? Who-who is the man-thing? WHERE US MY CLAN!?!

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-28, 10:46 PM
Mal'Ganis

Mal'Ganis looked down at the rat thing with some amusement, and more then a little contempt, the only creature he knew of that looked even remotely like the hideous creature was a Kobold, and those weaklings were not worth his time, however he sensed that this creature was... different, if not more dangerous. Oh please, aim that pathetic little pistol somewhere else you disgusting rat. As for your "army" I have no idea where it went, nor do I care, for why would I need an army of such loathsome creatures as you? I am a powerful Lieutenant of the Burning Legion, A servant of the mighty Archimonde himself. As to where we are, I have no more idea than you most likely. And I was just about to inquire as to the origins of the mortal myself

Gnomish Wanderer
2007-12-29, 02:14 AM
Bill the Lizard

Bill stared around the room as Wilbur immediately picked up one of the objects. Bill eyed him curiously for a second saying, "What are ya doin' with that anyway?" Not getting a response by the now distracted Wilbur, he turned to try and find a door, but was quickly interrupted when Ole entered. After the short monologue and Wilbur's response he said, "Bill, by tha way. And I think I'm goin' ta ask the same questions as 'e did. And on a side note, ya don't 'appen to have any tea and perhaps warmth, do ya? I'm parched and freezin'."

UserClone
2007-12-29, 06:55 AM
VLRRH

Ignoring Mordred for now, Hood opens her mouth slightly, and with a slick, wet sound her fangs protrude from her gums an inch or two more, stating with irony, "The better to kiss you with, my dear." Turning to the arachnid to her left, her gorgeous green eyes begin to well up. Aside from her undeniable and unearthly beauty, there is a sad innocence to her eyes which begins to cloud Mordred's mind. He begins to feel as if the Wolf is bullying her, intends to kill her perhaps, and Mordred intends to stop him if he can. "Such a sweet and beautiful spider," she whispers, kissing him lightly on the cheek, and as she does, a single teardrop falls on his face.

puppyavenger
2007-12-29, 10:57 AM
Ikit, Deadpool, Mal'Ganis "Archimonde? Who is he? some Demon-thing Bloodthirster? Lifting up his claw and pointing a strange device that looked like a hosenozel, he pointed it at Mal-gaines and shifted the pistol to Deadpool. "who-what are you man-thing? Where are we? Did you summon the demon?What isa that machine? he said showing sudden intrest in the radio.

Hoorex
2007-12-29, 12:09 PM
Deadpool

"Let's get two things straight. Number one. The last thing to point a gun at me was a talking pig, who I quickly turned into morning bacon. Two. It's mine and that's all you need to know." Deadpool said, his voice commanding and stern. Then, without a moment of hesitation, it turned jolly as he proclaimed, "But it is wonderful to see survivors. First things first, we need to find the aircraft carrier. It'll bring everything back to normal."

He seemed completely oblivious to the fact that his companions were freaks. Then again, so was he.

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-29, 01:49 PM
Mal'Ganis

Mal'Ganis sneers in contempt at the attempted show of strength on the part of the mortals. Oh, so you killed a talking pig did you? congratulations, perhaps next you can strangle a chicken for us Mal'Ganis gives a cruel little chuckle at Deadpools expense who do you think you are to give orders to me, hmmm mortal? and what is an "aircraft carrier" some sort of zeppelin or something?

puppyavenger
2007-12-29, 04:29 PM
Ikit
Turning to Deadpool he said "An aircraft Carrier? What-what is that? Some type of Steam-work? I will come. This thing intrests me. Where-where is it? Through the Forest?

GuesssWho
2007-12-29, 07:54 PM
Mordred
Mordred shakes his head and laughs. "You really think you can control me, sai? I am no mere mortal, my dear girl. Try to control me again, and I'll make ye walk down my throat. I'm hungry!"
His mind brushes hers, and she unthinkingly bares her throat to him.
"I may do so anyway. I ate my mother when I was minutes old. I have killed stronger folk than you will ever be. Ask the wolf-he knows. I am Dan-Dinh and Dan-Tete, little vampire!"

Eerie
2007-12-30, 03:36 PM
Wilbur Whately, Bill the Lizard

"Whately...", repeated Ole Lukoie, "The name sounds familiar. But, well, most names sound familiar to me..."

"My older brother, as I`m sure you know, brought people dreams. All kinds of them. And I just specialized in one particular kind of dreams. You know, those which never end".

"And yesterday I had to bring my dream to my brother. Tragic as it is, duty is duty. But, before we bid our farewell, he gave me his umbrellas and the key to the castle Oneiroi. So now I fully inherited the "family business" and must bring all dreams there is. Not that there are much to do, both endless and finite. Too many things are happening by themselves of lately."

Ole turned to the shelfs.

"Here my brother collected the most peculiar dreams. Some of them were not intended to ever have a receiver. Others still wait for one..."

"Strange thing is", he muttered, "Before going to sleep, Ole said to me he was afraid to go, because he won`t be there when someone will come and bring a dream to me. Which is rather impossible, of course, but I do feel a bit anxious..."

"You want to go to the hall?", he asked Wilbur and Bill. "I had the fireplace lit. Don`t really like this place, it is too gloomy. I mostly work outdoor..."

"You can take this dream if you want", Ole told Wilbur, "I don`t mind. Follow me."

Ole Lukoie started to walk towards the door.

Eerie
2007-12-30, 03:50 PM
Deadpool, Mal'Ganis, Ikit

As the trio started to talk, suddenly a small figure burst out of the dead undergrowth, tripped on some hidden root and fell into dirt right under their feet. It then scrambled to his feet, smearing dirt all over himself in the process. It looked like some kind a gnome.

The gnome looked up on the trio with eyes full of fear (the trio appearance probably added some more fear).

"There-there-its a... There`s aa..." it stuttered.

"There`s a dragon coming!!!", the gnome screamed at last, "He is maaaad!!! He want to eat me!!!"

Indeed, sounds of falling trees could now be heard, coming from the direction the gnome came from.

Eerie
2007-12-30, 04:45 PM
Mordred, VLRRH

"Yes, my dear, you listen to what Dan-tete says, he means business" - said the Wolf with a big smile.

"But I`m sure you are too smart to eat a vampire, Mordred. Besides, she means well."

Suddenly, Mokgr`s grin was gone as if it never happened.

"Enough with this drivel!", he boomed.

"There is much to do. Join me and I shall send you out with a task and watch your step as we Reconstruct. Reject me and I shall blow you away and care not where you land, for my time is precious."

"That means that you will accept me as your dinh, Mordred Deschain - albeit temporarily, because that is your nature. And none of us can deny our nature"

"And you too will accept me as your dinh, my dear", he said to Hood, "Even if you don`t know what the word mean. Dan-tete can explain you."

"If you accept me, come forward and receive my blessing!"

Hoorex
2007-12-30, 06:27 PM
Deadpool

Completely ignoring the terrified dwarf, or gnome or whatever, Deadpool faced Mal'Ganis. His mask had become torn from the spray of bullets from Napoleon leaving his mouth exposed and twisted into the shape of a crazed grin.
"Mortal? I'm an X-man! A mutant! Do you understand? I'm not somekinda freak devil thing. I'm not related to goats! I could lay waste to entire armies. I've survived an entire brady bunch marathon! Who are you to laugh at me?!"

puppyavenger
2007-12-30, 07:39 PM
Ikit Immediately turning towards he sound, He brought up the nozzle device on his claw and turning a few knobs he sent a stream of strange green fire in the direction of the sounds. He simultaneously prepares an incantation to steal the soul of whatever the creature is.

doliest
2007-12-30, 09:21 PM
OOC-Has the other person posted yet?

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-30, 11:33 PM
Mal'Ganis

Mal'Ganis similarly ignores the gnome creature, he never liked gnomes any way, and turned to Deadpool. You are human yes? that makes you mortal, whether or not you're a mortal FREAK isn't really anything I care about. As for laying waste to armies, AS HAVE I, I am the lieutenant of the Burning Legion, I have gone to great lengths to destroy entire worlds, and undo the law of the universe, I am MAL'GANIS, DREADLORD, SERVANT OF ARCHIMONDE THE DEFILER, DESTROYER OF WORLDS, I am a powerful agent of the Burning Legion, herald of the doom of thousands of races, thousands of worlds, untold destruction lies in my wake, I AM NATHREZIM. and THAT, puny mortal, is why I laugh!

Hoorex
2007-12-31, 12:07 AM
Deadpool

Raising his hand, Deadpool mimicked a small child in school. "Don't you have to be able to die, to be mortal? I'm fairly sure that's a pre-req. But please, if you know otherwise, then enlighten me. And you, what are you looking at?" Deadpool said off-handedly to the gnome.

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-31, 02:28 AM
Mal'Ganis mulls this over for a short moment and replies Mortal merely refers to a being of a physical plane, a lesser creature of a lesser world, actual mortality, that is dying, is merely a bi-product of their inferiority.
Mal'Ganis, still ignoring the Gnome, turns to see what has Ikit's hair standing on end, though if he thought about Mal'Ganis assumed that it wouldn't take much, a small animal moving in the bushes would probably set him off. Such irrationally paranoid creatures always bothered Mal'Ganis, who didn't consider himself paranoid, merely pragmatic and cautious.

UserClone
2007-12-31, 08:09 AM
VLRRH, Mordred
Taking Mordred's right claw unflinchingly into her left hand, she whispers "You're cute. C'mon, baby, let's go get blessed. Tee-hee!" Looking to the Big Bad Wolf, her eyes turn completely black, like empty holes, her head tilts a bit to the side, and she asks, "You're going to bless Grandma, too, RIGHT?!?"

Hoorex
2007-12-31, 01:22 PM
Deadpool

"We'll test the limits of your morality quite soon. But seriously, back to the gnome."

GuesssWho
2007-12-31, 06:49 PM
Mordred
"For a short time ye may act as my dinh-as my captain, my leader," he adds for the vampire. "For I too would be glad to have a haven. We must hang together, or we'll hang separately. But I will not be so for many and many-a. Just 'til our work is done. But you've yet to say how you know that I be Mordred."

bingo_bob
2007-12-31, 11:09 PM
Wilbur Whately

"...Thank yeh," says Wilbur, hesitantly, after pocketing the glass dream, following Ole "Though ah do believe your brother was right t'worry. That is not dead, which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons, even... you... may die."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-02, 09:43 PM
Mal'Ganis

Just try and test my "mortality" mortal, and we'll see who has the last laugh, but I suppose you're right, we should get this annoyance out of the way Mal'Ganis turns to the gnome, clearly annoyed, and says What do you want you wretched creature, and what is the rat shooting at? he adds this last as he looks up and notices Ikit.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-03, 03:53 PM
Cerebus, Napoleon

"You are not Seunteus Po. You are not even an aardvark. Cerebus knows. . . you are a pig!" he says, to himself, yelling the last part as he's excited at his realization; solving a problem when drunk always excited him. "Well met, friend. Have you seen a dancer? Her name is Jaka, Cerebus would like to find her very much. Where are you from? Do you have news of Iest?"

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-03, 10:30 PM
Cerebus, Napoleon

"You are not Seunteus Po. You are not even an aardvark. Cerebus knows. . . you are a pig!" he says, to himself, yelling the last part as he's excited at his realization; solving a problem when drunk always excited him. "Well met, friend. Have you seen a dancer? Her name is Jaka, Cerebus would like to find her very much. Where are you from? Do you have news of Iest?"

Eerie
2008-01-04, 02:00 AM
Deadpool, Mal`ganis, Ikit

"I... I..." stuttered the gnome, looking up to the demon with horror. "I`m Scrappy. I was coming to the... the City, and this d-dragon appeared... There, there it is!!!"
His words were punctuated by a very loud roar, as Ikit`s shot reached the target.
"THAT STINGS!", a voice rumbled.
"DON`T BE A SISSY!", said another voice.
"SHUT UP YOU BOTH! I SMELL FOOD.", shouted a third voice.
Sounds of falling trees resumed, now accompanied by a shaking of the ground. It felt like caused by huge paws, and grew stronger with every passing second.
"IT COMES!", screamed the gnome and tried to jump into the bushes, intending to escape, but stumbled and fell into the dirt again.

puppyavenger
2008-01-04, 02:53 PM
Ikit
To by a few moments of spare time, Ikit summons up an old drudic spell and commands the woodto defend itself. The spell causes thorns and poisen ivy to burst out of the undergrowth and try to wntangle them and for trees to kneel and try to satb them. IT usualy resulted in few fatalites among non-humanoids but Ikit needed some time. Turning to the others he said Well-well. Non-mortal-things maby-then you-you could kill the hydra-dragon-thing" he said with contempt obvios under a thin and forced venneer of civility. He puntuated this by fireing a warplock round in the direction of the creature.

Eerie
2008-01-04, 03:43 PM
Mordred, VLRRH

Mordred and Hood walked towards Mokgr. When they stood right before him, the Wolf took a deep breath, and then exhaled on both of them. His breath was hot, and smelled strongly of blood. The smell permeated them, and both felt like they were feeding on it, becoming stronger.

What they knew not was that each of them smelled the blood of the other.

"We are ka-tet", said the Wolf, "One made of..."

He chuckled.

"Who am I kidding? The Dark Tower is ruin, there is no more Ka. Not that there ever was, except for those who believed in it."
"Speaking of belief. Listen to me well now, I will explain what you need to know for your task."
"There are three metaphysical pillars of the world that was. They are Hope, Faith and Love. All three have, as you could witness by yourself, proven unsuitable and will have to be torn down before we can Rebuild. Hope we will not concern ourself with, this pillar is going down anyway and at most we will help it tumble. It is Faith that your task is about."

As the Wolf were speaking, fog began to rise, uncovering a mirthless landspace, rocky moor with some low buildings and standing stones in a distance.

"Another tower exists, not unlike the one you, Mordred, were destined to destroy. It is the Bright tower, also called Ivory. It still stands. There are forces unleashed by the Flash that will bring it down even without our help, but it may take time, during which the Ivory Tower will be a hindrance to us and an aid to those fools who will not understand or accept the Reconstruction."
"This is your task. Locate the Ivory Tower and destroy it by any means necessary."
"Despite the dimensional crash, Ivory Tower is not fully anchored yet. Still, reaching it simply by willing to reach it, as it was before, will not work anymore. But you can draw yourself nearer to it through those who still have strong Faith in them."
"Find them, and see what you can do..."

The Wolf grinned again, and as last tatters of fog melted, disappeared with them, leaving Mordred and Hood alone.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-04, 03:48 PM
Mal'Ganis

Very Well says Mal'Ganis and he grins, he then screeches at the creature in an unholy voice that sends shivers down others spines, and his form is enveloped in black and green energies swirling around him, and from out of nowhere bats, thousands of bats that seem made of pure darkness and evil swarm around him, and he shunts this unholy energy at the dragon-creature, wreathing it in unholy nether-energies, demon fire, and screeching demonic-bats.

GuesssWho
2008-01-04, 05:23 PM
"From the foolish old Faith shall come a new Faith--faith in the Crimson King and the Things from Outside!" Mordred laughs. "Come, Vampire. We shall kill the old, and bring in the new--and the Eldest. The Tower has fallen. We must create something better out of the Prim."

Eerie
2008-01-04, 05:26 PM

Ole Lukoie lead Wilbur and Bill through a corridor pierced with light from high and narrow windows. At the far end of it, they descended a flight of stairs and entered the hall.
It was a spacious rectangular room. It`s ceiling was completely covered with hundreds of hung tapestries. The floor was covered with carpets. There were no light sources except a big lit fireplace in one corner, which gave the hall a sinister illumination, sending crimson shadows to dance along the walls as a weak draught stirred the tapestries. Near the fireplace, table of polished wood was standing, with some plates and bottles on it.
"Come and sit", said Ole. "I`m not eating usually, but my brother had some food, for his quests, I think. I was never interested in his private life, and now it is too late. He had some wine too."
Ole picked a bottle and read the label.
"Hmm, not wine, apparently. Absinthe."
"You suggest an interesting idea", he said to Wilbur, as he poured all three of them full glasses, "But the only way I could possibly die is by suicide. And I have no intention to kill myself."
Ole took a gulp from his glass.
"Maybe it`s just nerves. So much changed in the last few days. For example, have you ever heard of the Ivory Tower? It`s foundation is layers upon layers of forgotten dreams. Thanks to them, it is supposed to be fully immanent and unlocated. And always been, but, alas, not anymore. And so is this castle, but I had no opportunity to check the damage yet, so I don`t know how strongly we are anchored at the moment."
"And who are those who can eternal lie, that you mentioned?"

UserClone
2008-01-04, 05:27 PM
VLRRH
"Tee-hee! Works for me, creepy-kins, let's be off!"

GuesssWho
2008-01-04, 06:13 PM
Mordred
. . . laughs and goes todash again, heading for the Ivory Tower. The vampire follows.

UserClone
2008-01-04, 08:29 PM
Mordred
The vampire follows.

VLRRH
...the Hell she does! Hooking her arm into the crook of his spider-leg "elbow," VLRRH skips gaily alongside Mordred.

Gnomish Wanderer
2008-01-05, 02:49 AM
Bill the Lizard

Bill looked down at the cup and took a seat. He sniffed it cautiuosly and let his tongue dart a bit of flavor. "Well it's not tea, but thank ya fer your generosity." Again he listens in on their conversation a bit, just trying to follow along. "You two are confusin' the hell out of me. With all this talk of death and dreams, yer startin' ta sound mad!" By that time he had reached for the bottle to refill his now-empty glass. "This stuff really isn't 'alf-bad. And look! May not work as fast as certain things but... methinks I'm gettin' bigger!"

Hoorex
2008-01-05, 03:30 PM
Deadpool

The guy wanted to start trouble? Well, Deadpool was feeling a little bad about himself, and this always seemed to raise his self-esteem. It was almost as if he was absorbing the self-esteem of his victims. Wait, but what if they had a lower self-esteem than he did? Did it multiply? Or did it just add? Cause if it multiplied then the two negatives would add to a positive, but if it added! Damn it! And then, Deadpool shook his head and opened his mouth, prepared to do his best Scarface impersonation.

"HUH?! YOU WANNA PLAY ROUGH, EH? HO'KAY!"

Then, he raised the radio, as if he was under the impression it was some type of Uzi. Realizing it couldn't shoot... stuff, he threw it at the dragon before charging towards it.

GuesssWho
2008-01-05, 04:49 PM
Mordred:

VLRRH
...the Hell she does! Hooking her arm into the crook of his spider-leg "elbow," VLRRH skips gaily alongside Mordred.

I know what you're thinking, but since I an the one moving us, you count as following even if you're in front of me, sai.
Worlds flicker by as he speaks. After a few minutes it slows and stops, and they find themselves in a new world . . .

bingo_bob
2008-01-05, 06:42 PM
Wilbur Whately

Apparently undisturbed by the fact that this tower is supposed to be nonexistant, Wilbur takes a long pull of absinthe and gives his drink a long, thoughtful look. Ole's question was considerably more difficult than it would have been a few days ago.

"Th'way things're goin', ah'm not entirely certain thet there are any. Though ah'd imagine thet yer brother knew a lot more 'bout them than you would.. after all, ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn..." he says, casually performing an impressive vocal feat "In his house in R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu lies dreaming... but no, ah haven't heard a this Ivory Tower before... what is it?,"

GuesssWho
2008-01-05, 09:08 PM
{OOC: he's a stunt linguist!}
Mordred looks at the vampire's hold on his arm and rolls his eyes. A crazed, lovesick vampire. What next? he thinks to himself.

UserClone
2008-01-05, 10:00 PM
VLRRH, Mordred
Whoa, now, sweetheart... thought Hood. Who thought anything about "the L-word?" I just figured you were the cutest guy left in the remainder of The Grimm Lands...or wherever we are. And, also, STAY OUT OF MY BRAIN!!

GuesssWho
2008-01-06, 02:13 AM
"Me, cute? You're the first person who has ever thought that, sai. And I'll stay out of your mind if you like. But ye must understand, sai, that I have a hard time preventing myself from reading minds . . ."

UserClone
2008-01-06, 03:21 PM
VLRRH
"Yeah, well give it a shot, k? Where are we, anyway?" The girl finally settles down and peers at her surroundings.

Eerie
2008-01-07, 12:34 PM
OOC: VLRRH, Mordred, not so fast. You gone todash. I didn`t say you left it in one piece. :smallamused:

UserClone
2008-01-07, 04:09 PM
OOC: What the hell does todash mean?

GuesssWho
2008-01-07, 04:57 PM
OOC: Traveling between dimensions.
@ Eerie-hey, it's quick. And Mordred isn't just another person-as the son of the Crimson King, he has at least a little protection from the Things from Outside.

puppyavenger
2008-01-16, 07:02 PM
IKt

(Assuming the spell works.)

Using the few moments he gained, Ikit imideatly began twisting and pulling varios knobs on his arm. Green lighgtning suddenly began to pour down his arm untill it is enitirely lit up with lightning. With a great bursst it shoots forward towards the dragon, scorcing everyhing in its path.

Eerie
2008-01-23, 04:12 PM

There was a deafening roar, and the dragon burst into the clearing the trio were in.
Or, rather, it burst above the clearing, because the dragon stood at least fifty meters tall. It had fat, almost circular body, giant legs (but no wings), and a long twisting tail covered with spikes. It also had three heads on long plesiosaur-like necks.
"HERE YOU ARE!", said the middle head.
Demon fire of Mal`ganis appeared to cause no damage to the dragon. The same was with Ikit`s druidic spell. Demonic bats were still swirling around it.
"FOOD!" - exclaimed the left head.
At which point some demonic bats probably entered it`s nostril, because the left head started choking, and then sneezed thunderously, it`s nostrils expelling a ball of fire that knocked most bats out of the air.
"OH!", said the right head. "YOU DON`T MESS WITH GORYNYCH!"
And the dragon breathed three straight white-hot streams of fire, aimed to each member of the trio.

Eerie
2008-01-23, 04:19 PM
Mordred, VLRRH

As he stepped into todash, Dan-tete experiences a sense of destination. It was one of things he was meant to do.
Grim landspace disappeared, replaced by blackness and the sound of chimes. Mordred and Hood flew through the void, towards a place Dan-tete was aiming with his mind.
However, after a few second, Mordred lost this sense. He was still flying towards his aim, but he suddenly realized he didn`t really knew what was there.
He also realized he was not in todash. Or even Prime. And wasn`t "Prime" having the same root as "Primary"? There was something wrong here, but he couldn`t put his mind on it.
Then, right where he was aiming to, an eye of immense size opened, a circle of brilliant blue color.
"Welcome, travellers, to the Gate of Blue Eternity.", said a cold, detached voice, "Your journey ends here."
The eye was getting bigger. Mordred tried to stir away from it and found out he could not.
But when the Gate of Blue Eternity, whatever it was, was about to swallow them, something strange happened in the void. Thousands of things that resembled green tentacles appeared on the edges of the blue eye and started to crawl toward the pupil. The eye`s shine intensified, as if it was trying to burn out the green tentacles, but as they blackened, more and more appeared and crawled forward.
And suddenly, in a roar of shimes, the Gate collapsed into a violent snarl of blue and green.
Mordred flight came to a halt. For a few moments he and Riding Hood were suspended in the void, watching the battle of two incomprehensible forces. Then shock wave that was created by the Gate collapse reached them and they were knocked out.
It felt like Beam wave, but painful. Mordred appeared right above the same stone platform he left a minute ago and fell on his back.
Half a second later Riding Hood appeared and fell right on him.

GuesssWho
2008-01-23, 07:03 PM
Mordred:
"That's why I don't do that more often."

puppyavenger
2008-01-23, 07:13 PM
IKIT

with practised ease Ikit jumps to the side, landing in a barrel roll, and imidietly begins muttering incantations to retaliate. He incants a very painfull transmuation designed to turn tyhe target into molten silver. as he finishes the spell he yells Die Beast-thing

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-23, 10:51 PM
Mal'Ganis Mal'Ganis beat his powerful wings and soared out of range of the breath attack, snarling demonic effigies of hatred for the dragon-creature. He soared over head preparing another mighty spell of fel-energies, and hurled it down at the beast, this time instead of an unholy swarm of demon bats he hurled pure demonic flame, which rippled and churned with unholy power, he drove it into the creatures head, hoping to deal more damage then he had done previously.

UserClone
2008-01-24, 03:57 PM
"Oof!" dried out Hood as she fell on top of Spider-Man Mordred. "Y'know, it's customary to buy a girl a drink before you do that."

GuesssWho
2008-01-24, 04:01 PM
Mordred
"Shut your mouth. I want ye not and never, ye would-be gillie. Do ye kennit yet?" Mordred rolls his eyes. "Of course not. Ye ken nothing ye want not."

Hoorex
2008-01-27, 12:21 PM
Deadpool

Deadpool flailed his hands wildly, but stayed stationary. He batted at the fire as if he was a woman in a NASCAR crowd flicking away a massive tire heading straight for her face, and then palming said tire, and yelling something along the lines of "I AM THE HIGHLANDER!". Of course, he didn't, but he wanted to.

Eerie
2008-01-27, 03:49 PM

"...ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn..."
Several moments after Wilbur said those words, came a sound like a far thunder, or perhaps an explosion at a great distance, and the castle Oneiroi rocked slightly.

What Wilbur didn`t know was that he inadvertently saved Mordred and Hood by uttering those words just at the right moment.

Ole raised an eyebrow.
"There`s certaintly a resonance to what you said."
"Yes, my brother probably knew more than I about things that cannot die. He brought dreams to everyone, after all."
"As for Ivory Tower... it is a nexus of the secondary world, or Imagination, as some call it. The one we are in now, in short. Or at least it was. Some quite radical changes in the structure of the universe occurred during the last few days. Not that it bothers me much, I`m doing my job anywhere, as before..."

bingo_bob
2008-01-27, 04:57 PM
Wilbur Whately

"Indeed. So, what yer sayin' is... that our world is founded on fergotten dreams... how ver'... poetic. So wait. Ye said that this place is the same way, and thet bein' anchored damaged it... what about th'Tower? Is that damaged as well? asked Wilbur, suddenly grasping the severity of the Tower's manifestation. This world come to an end, not like this!

Gnomish Wanderer
2008-01-30, 03:27 AM
Bill the Lizard

Bill slams his cup on the table at this and looks around, a fierce look filling his face. When he speaks the slight slur just seems to worsen his accent. "Dreams? Imagination? Ya seem ta be the ones comfused 'ere." He stands a bit, but wavers so much he falls back into his seat. "I-ah know imaginary. And I know that that isn't it. Imaginary int not tis 'second-world'. It'z the first world that's imaginary."

Bill stands and staggers to the window. "Out there? In the broken horizon? That's what's real. What's befer us. Sa maybah we should stop pretendin' and just go out ta face it, ya know?"

Eerie
2008-01-30, 02:51 PM
OOC: "one big fat pile of broken threads" - you get the reference?
I wonder if I should incorporate the Snarl in the plot.

Ole Lukoie raised his eyebrow again.
"The tower, I gather, is damaged, as much as everything else is, and being damaged more as we speak. Dark Tower, which was supposed to be a nexus of the Primary world, already fell, so Ivory Tower is probably going to fall as well. Some say it`s collapse is what caused the destruction of the last days, but I think this is an overstatement."
He turned to Bill.
"Imagination, dreams and reality are all the same to me. And should be to you, now that all reality you have is one big fat pile of broken threads."
Ole finished his glass of absinthe and refilled it. It seemed to have no effect on him.
"I will have to leave to my attend my business soon", he said to both guests, "And since this castle can not properly exist without me inside, it will be better for you to leave, too. I`m not sure how Time will behave here in Oneiroi with my absence."
"So I could drop you by the Ivory Tower if you want to. Don`t know what you could do there, honestly. It`s fall most certaintly won`t change much."

Eerie
2008-02-01, 12:54 PM
Hoorex, I`m sorry to announce that you are dead.

Three lines of white roaring hot dragon plasma struck the earth, quite close to each other.
Deadpool, who remained in one place, was almost instantly incinerated, alongside with the hapless gnome. One moment later the left head plunged down and scooped their remains.
Ikit was not directly hit by the fire, but his clothes were neverteless ignited by the hot air. His transmutaion spell started to melt the huge scales on the lower parts of the dragon, but Gorynych paid no attention.
Mal`ganis evaded the fire completely. As he rose above the dead forest, he caught a glimpse of something at the horizon, some dark brown spot covered with little sparkling dots. It could be a city, perhaps one the now deceased gnome mentioned, but he had no time to investigate.
Gorynych middle head evaded his spell. It struck the dragon`s back instead, but only thing that seemed to affect the dragon was spell`s physical momentum, which made Gorynych legs buckle for a moment. Unholy fire flew harmlessly down his back, making his scales, that were turning increasingly silvery, to shine. Wide patches of forest around him were being ignited.
"FIRE?", laughed the middle head, "WE LOVE FIRE!!!"
"I`LL PROVIDE ANTI-AIRCRAFT SUPPORT!!!", bellowed the right head cheerfully.
It, and the left head, started to spit small balls of fire at Mal`ganis at high speed, while the middle head went down and breathed fire on Ikit, this time less hot, but in a conus about ten meters wide.

puppyavenger
2008-02-01, 01:08 PM
IKIT

IKit did the only thing he could, Jump back as far as he could landing in a Barrel roll, hold up one of the protective amulets he was wearing, quickly mutter a CDathayen charm of luck and protection and pray to the horned one that his warp-stone armours fire-retardent properties are enough to withstand whatever gets through.
The end effect is him huddled as far away as he could get, holding up a glowing green amulet and surronded by a glowing golden shimmer.

puppyavenger
2008-02-01, 01:46 PM
double post..

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-02-01, 02:36 PM
Mal'Ganis

Mal'Ganis threw up a barrier between the fire and him, and darted back quickly then down toward the forest, when he hovered only feet above the tree-tops he charged his arms with the pure power of the Void, drawing the icy cold darkness of the Demons unholy berth-place into a ball of pure energy, black and swirling with evil and corruption, what appeared to be screaming demon visages appeared in the ball of energy, and the temperature dropped until hoarfrost began to appear on Mal'Ganis' skin and the surrounding trees, then he hurled it with all his strength into the dragons side, and just as he hurled the ball of dark energies he began summoning the aid of his demonic allies, chanting dark arcane phrases that would make the ears of mortals bleed. When his chanting ceased a drake, seeming to be made of the same material as the energy he just hurled at the great 3 headed beast, it was larger than Mal'Ganis, but not as large as a true Dragon, the Nether Drake flew at the left head of the great beast, screeching unholy cacophonies of bird-like squawks.

Eerie
2008-02-01, 04:02 PM
OOC: And so, the madness is rising...

Mordred, VLRRH

"Ho-ho-ho! Marry Christmas, children!"
Another figure appeared on the stone platform, distracting Mordred and Hood from the row they were probably going to have.
"Sorry to interrupt you. I am Father Christmas."
In any case, the figure was looking exactly like Father Christmas, with red coat,black leather boots and belt, long white beard and a big sack on his shoulder.
"I`ve brought you nice presents. And I`ll tell you that, you don`t look like kids who ever received presents before".

GuesssWho
2008-02-01, 07:03 PM
Mordred
"The insanity continues. Ah, well . . . so, what have you to give us, sai? I'd be glad for thy gifts if they're of use to us."

UserClone
2008-02-01, 11:51 PM
"Aww...all I want for Christmas is you...to get the hell out of my way! Make with the presents, Santa! Yay! Teehee!"

GuesssWho
2008-02-03, 08:14 PM
Mordred
"See?" Mordred mutters to himself. "The insanity is never-ending indeed."
He smiles at 'Father Christmas'. "I know not what is 'Christmas', save that it's a holy day of some kind, but I'd be glad to have thy gifts. As would yon ka-mai, as ye may ken for yourself. Now grant us thy gifts, say thankya!"

Eerie
2008-02-06, 04:02 PM
OOC: Cerebus, just pretend that encounter with Napoleon never happened

Cerebus, GlaDOS

Cerebus was still wandering, drunk, through the dead forest, when he heard a faint sounds of explosions and roar of fire. It sounded like someone was fighting somewhere in the distance. It didn`t bother him, and he kept going.
Few minutes later he saw before himself some kind of shimmering wall or layer of air, much like the air above a road in a hot summer day. Trees behind the wall were distorted.
Cerebus walked right through it, and the sounds were cut off. In the same moment he experienced a very strong vertigo. Cerebus fell to his knees and vomited, and felt like his drunkenness was suddenly drained away.
He stood up again, and found out that something changed. He was still in the dead forest, but right in front of him it wasn`t particularly dead.
What we saw was a lush and dense garden, surrounded by a low iron wall. There was a gate in the wall. A gate made of gold.
On a golden arch just above the gate, words were etched:

Shall find their heart's desire and find despair

As Cerebus observed the gate and the garden, orange oval aperture suddenly opened in the air above him, and through it various mysterious objects rained, almost banging his head.

OOC: GlaDOS, I think at this point you should describe exactly what you came with...

Eerie
2008-02-06, 04:55 PM
Mal`ganis, Ikit

As Ikit`s defensive charm kicked into power, it`s gold shimmer deflected the fire of the middle head. Seeing this, it roared again and went right for him from above, with it`s mouth opened.
However, it also breated a huge fireball in Ikit`s direction. This was counter-productive, because as the fireball collided with the ground two meters near Ikit, the ensuing explosion threw Ikit high into the air, and he went up right past the middle head as it went down and snapped the ground fruitlessly.
Meanwhile, the ball of ice energy that Mal`ganis threw struck the dragon`s side. Once again, the physical moment of the spell made Gorynych stagger, but the cold brought no harm to him. It only made the molten silver that was streaming from him to freeze in long stripes, making the dragon to look a little like zebra.
Nether Drake that Mal`ganis summoned darted straight towards the left head. The head paused for a moment, letting the drake come near, and as the drake was about to sink it`s claws into it, the head spitted out a very concentrated, if not very hot lump of fire. The drake was deflected backward and, in an astonishing turn of events, collided with Ikit is he started to fall towards the ground.
The middle head watched the scene with an amused expression on its "face".

"Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice."

Said the middle head.
"Only in our case it would not suffice.", it added.
"OH, WHY WON`T YOU FUKKING DIE ALREADY!", cried both left and right heads synchronously.
This time, left and right head went for Mal`ganis, one from above, the other from below, while the middle head breathed another conus of fire at him.

Eerie
2008-02-06, 06:29 PM
Mordred, VLRRH

"Ho-ho-ho! I see you are eager to receive the presents. Well, I`m not going to let you wait!"
Father Christmas approached Mordred first.
"You don`t know what Christmas is, you say?", he asked. "Well, it is a great celebration of faith. And speaking of faith, here is your gift."
He plunged his hand into the sack and presented Dan-tete with a silver compass.
"This compass is special", he said. "It will guide you towards what you seek. Just hope you don`t get too much of it."
"For you, darling, I have this little gadget", said Father Christmas, now turning to Riding Hood.
"I trust that a modern girl like you will love it."
And he handed her a little red cellphone with a colorful ribbon.
"And for both of you I have this fine cake (http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2007/339/e/d/portal_cake_by_turky.jpg)", he said and pulled out a large chocolate cake on a tray from his sack.
"It is rather unclassical, but baked by a great chef. You both will find it so delicious and moist... Marry Christmas, children!"
With those words, "Father Christmas", whoever he was, evaporated into thin air, leaving only the cake on the floor.

There, now you know who took the cake.

Actually, you don`t know. :smallamused:

puppyavenger
2008-02-06, 07:17 PM
IKIT
Remembering the way warp-fire hurt the things, Ikit starts turning knobs and levers on his claw. Soon arcs of green lightning cover every inch of his body. When he releases them, he simultaneously turns his warp-fire thrower up to full. A torrent of warp lightning and flame burst out of his claw. With enough power to kill an ogre chieftain every half second. Aimed at the heads and the base of its neck as much as possible from the constantly moving firing platform. after around 30 seconds it dies down. After it ended Ikit punctuates this it by several warplock rounds aimed at the thing middle heads.
Hopefully this will kill the thing economically: smallsmile:

The_Snark
2008-02-07, 01:58 AM
GLaDOS

The objects are a tangled heap of metal; several metal orbs around a foot in diameter bounce and roll away from the other, less circular objects, coming to a halt once the momentum is gone. A pair of metal ovals on tripods, perhaps two feet high, clatter across the ground; and lastly, a white square of plastic precisely 2' 6" to a side lands perfectly underneath the orange aperture, holding upright a white plastic pole maybe four feet high, with a peculiar-looking device mounted atop it. Several other oddball pieces of machinery fall through with less grace, lying there inert. The orange-rimmed hole in the air remains open, quite possibly affronting the laws of physics. And certainly sucking in air, from the noise it makes.

Lights of varying colors light up on the metal orbs, and the hole contracts to a tiny orange dot, which zooms back to the strange device and remains there as a peculiar glow.

"Analyzing universe," a cool feminine tone says. "Oxygen content: 20%. Nitrogen content: 78%. Argon content: 1%. Carbon dioxide content: <1%. Atmospheric correlation established. Estimated probability of familiar life: <.0001%. Circumstantial evidence to the contrary can therefore be treated as a statistical anomaly."

Apparently satisfied with this, the voice falls silent. The device begins spinning slowly on its mount.

GuesssWho
2008-02-07, 02:47 PM
"A shame he left so soon," says Mordred. "I'm hungry. Ah, well-at least we have the sweet."
He tears off two pieces of cake and offers Red one. The other he eats himself, with the quickness that a life of starvation grants.

Eerie
2008-02-07, 04:36 PM
OOC: Here is the recipe for the cake, btw, so that you can describe it`s taste better:

"One 18.25 ounce package chocolate cake mix. One can prepared coconut pecan frosting. Three slash four cup vegetable oil. Four large eggs. One cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Three slash four cups butter or margarine. One and two third cups granulated sugar. Two cups all purpose flour. Don't forget garnishes such as: Fish shaped crackers. Fish shaped candies. Fish shaped solid waste. Fish shaped dirt. Fish shaped ethyl benzene. Pull and peel licorice. Fish shaped volatile organic compounds and sediment shaped sediment. Candy coated peanut butter pieces. Shaped like fish. One cup lemon juice. Alpha resins. Unsaturated polyester resins. Fiberglass surface resins. And volatile malted milk impoundments. Nine large egg yolks. Twelve medium geosynthetic membranes. One cup granulated sugar. An entry called 'how to kill someone with your bare hands.' Two cups rhubarb, sliced. Two slash three cups granulated rhubarb. One tablespoon all-purpose rhubarb. One teaspoon grated orange rhubarb. Three tablespoons rhubarb, on fire. One large rhubarb. One cross borehole electro-magnetic imaging rhubarb. Two tablespoons rhubarb juice. Adjustable aluminum head positioner. Slaughter electric needle injector. Cordless electric needle injector. Injector needle driver. Injector needle gun. Cranial caps. And it contains proven preservatives, deep penetration agents, and gas and odor control chemicals. That will deodorize and preserve putrid tissue."

GuesssWho
2008-02-08, 03:50 PM
Mordred sighs. "At least it's edible. Mostly. Ah, well." He thinks a moment. "I've had worse."
He removes the instructions on how to kill people without weapons and grins nastily. "Well, at least this will be useful. Especially if we see sai Christmas again."

UserClone
2008-02-08, 04:42 PM
OOC: Here is the recipe for the cake, btw, so that you can describe it`s taste better:

"One 18.25 ounce package chocolate cake mix. One can prepared coconut pecan frosting. Three slash four cup vegetable oil. Four large eggs. One cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Three slash four cups butter or margarine. One and two third cups granulated sugar. Two cups all purpose flour. Don't forget garnishes such as: Fish shaped crackers. Fish shaped candies. Fish shaped solid waste. Fish shaped dirt. Fish shaped ethyl benzene. Pull and peel licorice. Fish shaped volatile organic compounds and sediment shaped sediment. Candy coated peanut butter pieces. Shaped like fish. One cup lemon juice. Alpha resins. Unsaturated polyester resins. Fiberglass surface resins. And volatile malted milk impoundments. Nine large egg yolks. Twelve medium geosynthetic membranes. One cup granulated sugar. An entry called 'how to kill someone with your bare hands.' Two cups rhubarb, sliced. Two slash three cups granulated rhubarb. One tablespoon all-purpose rhubarb. One teaspoon grated orange rhubarb. Three tablespoons rhubarb, on fire. One large rhubarb. One cross borehole electro-magnetic imaging rhubarb. Two tablespoons rhubarb juice. Adjustable aluminum head positioner. Slaughter electric needle injector. Cordless electric needle injector. Injector needle driver. Injector needle gun. Cranial caps. And it contains proven preservatives, deep penetration agents, and gas and odor control chemicals. That will deodorize and preserve putrid tissue."

((Maybe this post would have been better put in the OoC thread, but that's just me :P))

"Thankee-sai, Dan-tete, but sweets just don't get my juices flowing these days," grins Hood. With just a slight wrinkle of her brow, she added inwardly, Thankee-sai? What does that even mean? And why would I say it? ...Ah, well. Shaking the thought away, she turns to the gadget in her hands, and examines it more closely.

Eerie
2008-02-18, 03:07 PM
Mordred, VLRRH

The cellphone in Hood hands kept on being silent. Meawhile, the arrow inside the silver compass that was given to Mordred twirled a few times, and pointed towards a direction. Direction, which looked no different than any other directions that surrounded the stone platform. It was the same bleak wasteland, covered with harsh low bushes, and some ruins in the distance, probably a few kilometers away.
But maybe this direction was different, after all. Because a cold gust a wind suddenly touched Mordred`s hair. It was followed by another gust, and then a steady wind began to blow. It felt like a beginning of a storm. And it blew exactly from the direction the compass was pointing to.

UserClone
2008-02-18, 05:56 PM
Putting the phone away into the pocket of her cloak, Hood examines the compass and, guessing by the direction of the wind, sets out ahead of Mordred, picking her way through scree and rubble as she goes.

Gnomish Wanderer
2008-02-18, 10:41 PM
Bill the Lizard

Bill turns from the window. "Well, if leavin' be what we must do, then I guess leavin' is what we're doin'. Ya lead, I'll follah."I'm still here! I've just been strangely busy this month, couldn't check the games. If bingo_bob doesn't come back I wouldn't mind transferring to another group, but it's up to you

Eerie
2008-02-19, 03:43 PM
Ikit

Ikit`s warp-fire hit the dragon at the same time as two dragon heads hit Mal`ganis.

There was a flash.

Deafening explosion shook the air. Great ball of red, grean and purple fire covered the dragon, hiding it from sight.
At this point, Nether Drake, to whom Ikit was holding, freaked out and started to climb vertically, at great speed. Within seconds, the site of battle diminished to a point amongst the forest.
Then, it seemed like the Drake passed some invisible barrier. It was like colliding with a very soft cottonwool, that somehow went through your brain as well.
The earth beneath disappeared, and the sky around the drake changed color. Now thedrake was suspended in the air, surrounded by huge red bloated clouds .
In fact, those clouds were more than merely red. They were made of blood. You couldn`t mistake it for something else, because of the smell. Far away, Ikit saw something that looked like a plane passing between a clouds and disappearing.
Then the drake freaked out even more, turned around and plunged down. Ikit felt the invisible barrier again, and the ground reappeared. It was still far away, but approaching with a frightening speed. It must have moved while they were in this "bloody" space, because Ikit could see a city down there. Probably wooden city, and covered with many sparks of light.
Right beneath him, however, was a swamp with a few small lakes. Nether Drake was falling towards them, but it already started to brake its fall.
And then, without warning, it evaporated into thin air, probably going back to wherever Mal`ganis summoned it from. And Ikit was falling alone.

puppyavenger
2008-02-19, 05:07 PM
IKIT
cursing under his breath, Ikit chokes down a piece of warpstone. Feeling the power coursing through him, Ikit directs it around himself, causing the air to form a protective bubble.

GuesssWho
2008-02-20, 02:38 PM
Mordred
"Interesting. It feels almost like the Path of the Beam . . . but not quite."
He smiles and follows the compass.

UserClone
2008-02-20, 04:23 PM
Stopping with a crunch of dirt under her Mary Janes, Hood turns her head slightly and calls over her shoulder, "Path of the Beam? Prithee, what's that?"

Eerie
2008-02-20, 05:43 PM
Ikit

Air bubble protected Ikit from the force of the collision, as he fell into the shallow lake. It did not, however, prevented him from hitting the dirty water.
As Ikit resurfaced, his head and ears covered with half-rotted duckweed, he heard a sound of laughter. Just a few meters from him, a small creature was standing on the shore. She had a ginger hair, wore a red dress and was laughing her head off.
"That was one amazing dive!", she cried to him. "Head first right into the bottom! You like to swim?"
And she laughed some more.

http://www.nordickids.co.uk/images/little-my-120w.gif

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-02-20, 05:47 PM
Mal'Ganis

As the great beast roared its fury and snapped at Mal'Ganis, reathed in unholy fires as it was, he darted upward as fast as his wings could carry him, using his magic to aid his flight with winds and demonic bats. Mal'Ganis flew high up and looked around for his mighty drake, just in time to see it dissipate. Cursing in his demonic tongue, he stole away in the clouds and watched the ground intently, searching for his erstwhile ally.

puppyavenger
2008-02-20, 06:16 PM
IKIt
knowing how dangeros things that live in swamps can be from his time in skavenblight and Lustria, Ikit mutters a spell to clean his arm and weapons while scrambiling up to dry land. turning to the creature he says "Who-what are you-you swamp thing?

Eerie
2008-02-21, 01:36 PM
Snark, just assume Cerebus is not there and never was...

GlaDOS

As the camera on top of the pole turned toward the golden gates, they slowly opened, without any apparent cause.
"You are finally here", said a voice. "I was waiting for so long. Will you come and help me, and receive my gift... sister?"
It was strange that this voice came as sound and as radio transmission. And both came from all directions at once.

Eerie
2008-02-21, 02:18 PM
iKIt

puppyavenger, can we agree on some way to write Ikit`s name?

"I`m My", said the "swamp creature". "The tiniest mymble in the wolrd. And probably the only one left."
"And who you are? No one yet came to the City this way, falling from the sky. It looked very stupid, by the way."

puppyavenger
2008-02-21, 02:55 PM
I'd go with all capitals bold, but whatevers good with you..
IKIT?
"What-what is a Mymble? who-what lives in the city? looking at the sky hew says "How I arrived here is-is no-no matter to you mymble-thing

puppyavenger
2008-02-21, 03:00 PM
double post.

Eerie
2008-02-23, 11:13 AM
Mordred, VLRRH

As they walked. wind gradually grew stronger. Fifteen minutes later and a mile away from the stone platform, it was a nice little storm.
At that point, it began to rain, right from the cloudless grey sky.
Few minutes later, hail began to fall on their heads.
When Mordred and Hood reached the first group of ruins, sky was almost black, while the earth was white and slippery from the hail.
Lightning struck the ground not very far from where they were walking. It was bright blue, and the following thunder was overwhelming and nearly knocked them off their feet.

On the right, a ruin of white marble loomed, looking a little like roman pantheon, with several colonnades and a half-collapsed roof. It seemed to provide some protection from the rain.

On the left, a bit further, there were a few small roofless buildings of black granite, with some large black holes in the ground between them.

Right ahead, where the silver compass was pointng, nothing could be seen but the rain and bolts of lightings.

Eerie
2008-02-23, 11:28 AM
Mal'Ganis

Down beneath Mal`ganis, a huge pillar of smoke was rising from the forest, surrounded by flames. The dragon could not be seen, but Mal`ganis had a feeling it was still alive.

From this height, he could see something like a wooden city a few kilometers away, with suspicious sparks of light glowing there.

Right above him, there was a strange shimmering in the sky, and a slight pink haze.

There were also some mountains of the horizone. Besides that, the dead forest seemed to stretch forever in all directions...

Eerie
2008-02-23, 12:15 PM
IKIT

"Huh?", said My. "Mymble is mymble. It is like asking what is Snork, or what is whatever kind you are."
"And in this city...", she said with a smirk, "Vampires live!"
She waited a moment to see his reaction and then added:
"But don`t worry, they don`t drink blood. And they only feed on one person. If you come to the City of Mirrors, you will see for yourself."

"And don`t swing this thing around", she said, pointing at Ikit`s weapon, "It looks like a gun and it won`t work near the city. She suppress weapons, somehow. Come, I`ll show you".
And little My started to walk away rather fast, without looking back.

puppyavenger
2008-02-23, 02:13 PM
IKIT
laughing at the idea but remembering how fare he must be into the chaos wastes for any of this to happen, Ikit decides better safe then sorry. so after standing still for a few moments to gather his power he summoned a nipponian null charm to cause any nearby enemy magic to fail, a celestial antimagic charm, to drive enemy spells away from him, a cathayen spell to channel un-welcomed energy to a nearby constellation, a Eshin shadow charm to make it almost impossible to detect him through magic, and finaly a prayer to the horned rat and a few runes in warpstone dust to prevent divine influence on the weopons. Now unless he was far enough into the wastes to make it impossible for creatures from reality to exist he was safe. He continued following the Swamp-thing.
[OOC] paranoia and overkil, two of the Skavens most importent survival mechanisms:smallsmile: [OOC]

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-02-23, 07:02 PM
Mal'Ganis

After taking one last look at the rising column of ash and smoke, Mal'Ganis darted toward the city. As he approached he took in all the details, after casting warding spells in his infernal tongue on himself, he darted around the city, casting a spell to enhance his sight, he stayed a goodly distance from the floating city and looked in upon it. He was no fool, and most beings would be wary of his true form, he could hide it through magic if he had to, but better to stake out the city beforehand he thought to himself.

Eerie
2008-02-24, 04:27 PM
IKIT

Ikit followed My through dense and stinking undergrowth that surrounded the swampy lake. Very soon they emerged into an open area and Ikit saw the city.

It had no walls, but was surrounded by wide wooden buildings, with narrow alleys between them. Right in front of Ikit, however, one building was missing, and in its place was a wooden gate, nearly closed. Two guard towers stood right behind the gates, and Ikit could see someone standing in one of them, but in general the place seemed to have almost no security.

Before the gate there was a huge square, where forest`s black and damp soil was beaten down. In the middle of the square a pole was standing, with an iron cage dangling from it on a rope. There was someone inside the cage, and My was going towards it. Ikit followed.

"There She is", said My as they approached.

Human girl, probably no more than twenty years old, was sitting inside the cage, leaning on the bars. She was wearing a rugged silken dress, blue and embroidered with stars, and very strange transparent shoes. She was sleeping.

"You see, she just sits here, and all this City of Morons exists because of her. She feeds them, every damn evening.", said My. "Could stop it any day, but I quess some people just can`t help what they are."
"Hey, Cinderella!", she called, "Wake up. Check out who fell out of the sky."
The girl opened her eyes, and rised her head slowly.
"Oh, hello, My. How are you?", she said quietly. Her voice sounded utterly, unbelievably jaded.
"You are a newcomer", she said next to Ikit. "What is your name?"

puppyavenger
2008-02-24, 05:39 PM
IKIT
"I am-am Ikit of Skryre. who-what are you man-thing? he says as he quietly twist a few dials to see how much magic she has.

Eerie
2008-02-25, 09:51 AM
Mal`ganis

Mal`ganis saw the same things Ikit saw, only from above. The city consisted mostly of uniform-looking brown houses. He saw the square before the gate and little figures on it (it was Ikit and My).

At that moment, there came a flash of warm yellow light from one of the guard towers, and something burnt a neat half-meter hole through Mal`ganis right wing.

This is one trigger-happy guard down there. :smallbiggrin:

Eerie
2008-02-25, 03:38 PM
Richard Pickman

He walked the caves for hours, without seeing any living creature. The caves were becoming increasingly damp. Some rays of light were passing through cracks in the jagged ceiling, but he could not yet find an exit.
At last, in one dark hall, he saw a sign of life. Or, at least, former life.
He found a broken wooden staff, carved with delicate runes that he could not recognise. Perhaps it was magical. Few meters from there a torn purse lied, with a few bunches of dried herbs scattered around it.
Richard walked a bit more and found a corpse.
It was a dark-haired women. Her thin body, clad in a red dress, lied against a rock, looking broken and quite dead. Her eyes were closed.
The corpse was relatively fresh, but for some reason Richard couldn`t smell any blood.

Nonanonymous
2008-02-25, 04:17 PM
Richard Pickman

Having been without food for a rather long time, he lies the tombstone down with a gentle thud, places the Pnakotic Manuscripts on top of it, and begins to pull at the arm of the corpse in an attempt to rip it free.

Eerie
2008-02-25, 04:46 PM
Nonanonymous, I`d prefer you to write in a past tense, if you don`t mind.

Also, we now have a full set: demons, werespiders, ghouls and undead. :smallbiggrin:

Richard Pickman

The "corpse" jerked and slapped him hard across the face with the other hand. Then it shifted to a sitting position, with several loud clicks as it`s spine rearranged itself.
She was definitely dead - Richard could now clearly see the bones in her knees and elbows. But that didn`t prevent her from moving. Also, her eyes shone with a yellow light. She groaned and put a hand on her forehead.
"I don`t know how embalmed brain can hurt, but it sure does", she said with a hoarse voice.
"Are you sentient at all? Or are you just another mindless ghoul from the Plaguelands and I should blast you into oblivion?"

The_Snark
2008-02-25, 05:01 PM
GLaDOS

After a beat, the original feminine voice speaks up again in a cool monotone. "The probability of your existence is high enough to devote processing time to." As the odd device circles, one of the cameras swivels to track the gate, which is the only mobile object visible. The voice issuing from the speaker changes tones, becoming cheerful and more friendly. "Hello! We are always happy to provide a wide variety of useful services. Please take the time to tell us how we can help you."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-02-25, 08:18 PM
Mal'Ganis

Mal'Ganis screamed in Demonic fury, by use of magic he was able to keep himself flying despite the hole in his wing. He snapped his wings close to his form and dived like a great predatory bird toward the one who shot him, screeching downward at high speeds, just before he got to the tower his wings snapped open, and, aided by magic, arrested his flight. He darted toward the one with the smoking gun and tore his head off with his massive clawed hand. He gulped down the blood pouring out of the poor unfortunates neck greedily, his wound already healing itself rapidly with the ingestion of the blood. He snarled and darted toward the gate.

Eerie
2008-02-26, 04:28 PM
IKIT

Ikit`s device showed no signs of magic.

Cinderella`s eyes lingered on the skaven for a few moment, then she turned to My.

"You explain him", she said. "You have a nice way of putting it."

"All right", said My. She jumped up and climbed into the vage, so she could face Ikit, and not watch him from the ground.

"You see, she is some kind of power concentrate. Power of legends, you know. Because she is a legend. Don`t know why it must be her, but after the Flash she just kept shining."
"So some people think they can use it. It was the dwarfs who started it. They are a nasty bunch. The made this cage. And they think they hold her captive, but in truth she could kill them all easily if she wanted to. Or juts stop feeding them. They all depend on her".

Little My pulled a small round mirror from her pocket.

"They use mirrors to collect her power, every evening. They take their mirrors everywhere with them. And when they look inside, they see what they could be if the Flash didn`t happen. It`s like another world. And they can`t stop looking anymore. Don`t even need to really eat and drink while they do it. Parasites."

"It is not their fault", sighed Cinderella. "And there is a whole city here. Not just the dwarfs. I can`t leave them".

"Well, I still think you should", said My.

"Anyway", she pointed a finger at Ikit. "What is your business here? Another parasite?"

Eerie
2008-02-26, 05:01 PM
Mal'Ganis

The dreadlord darted towards the tower, but as he passed some invisible barrier, his wings suddenly felt much heavier, as if the magic was being sucked out of them.
He still could reach the tower. But the guard there (he took the guard duty because there was some altruism left in him, despite whatever little My thought), just saw his worst nightmare come true. He thrust his mirror before him and used it to expel all the remaining force in a form of single ray.

And any force have two sides. Even Hope.

Second to last thing that Mal`ganis saw, was warm flash of yellow light coming towards him, becoming as big as the sun.

The mirror could show you what you could be in a perfect world. It could also show the opposite.

The last thing Mal`ganis saw was the Frostmourn coming at him, point first.

Then the ray of light burnt his head off.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-02-26, 05:06 PM
[OOC]
Wow, how anti-climactic... can I make another character?

Nonanonymous
2008-02-26, 09:12 PM
Richard Pickman

Though not thoroughly affected by the slap, Richard snarled a string of obscenities in the name of Nug and Yeb, and uttered in a guttural accent, "And what would a servant of Glaaki be doing this far from his lake, scaring off any worthwhile meals?" He then abruptly turned and collected his belongings, and set off down a further path through the tunnels in search of food.

puppyavenger
2008-02-27, 07:32 AM
IKIT
No-no, not a parisite. Just-just a traveler. what-what is this flash?he said, womdering if these mirrors could srve as a substitute for warpsone.

GuesssWho
2008-02-28, 02:33 PM
Mordred
"Great, a thunderstorm."

UserClone
2008-02-28, 07:50 PM
"I'm game for a bit of playing house if you are, spider-man," says Hood with a playful wink. "Now what about my question? The Path of the Beam?"

Eerie
2008-02-29, 01:18 PM
IKIT

Both My and Ikit saw the demise of Mal`ganis.
"That`s why you don`t swing weapons round here", said My smugly as the headless body smacked into the ground somewhere beyond the gate with a thud.
"The Flash? Were you hit by a falling tree or something? How could you miss the end of the world?"

Eerie
2008-02-29, 01:38 PM
GLaDOS

After a while, the voice, doubled by the radio waves, came again:

"You are not like anything I expected. And yet, in some way, you are exactly the person I need."

Pause.

"I have an item of incredible power with me. It will be yours if you do me one favor - kill me with it. That`s all."
"Will you come? I`m in the middle of the garden."

Eerie
2008-02-29, 03:04 PM
Mordred, VLRRH

Another blue lighting struck the ground not a ten meters away, throwing chunks of stone into the air.
This time, both of them were knocked off their feet.

Eerie
2008-02-29, 03:10 PM
Richard Pickman

"Hey, hey!"
Richard heard the "dead" woman scramble to her feet.
"You are not going anywhere without me!"
Suddenly, the tunnel he was in became illuminated by strong light, emanating from woman`s right hand.
"Wait a minute, or I`ll melt your face. I`m serious!"

puppyavenger
2008-02-29, 07:25 PM
IKIt
wondering exactly what she ment by "end of the world" but refusing to expose his continued ignorence, Ikit says "What? he had no weopons.

Nonanonymous
2008-02-29, 10:32 PM
Richard Pickman

Blinded by the sudden flash of light, he quickly swung the tombstone he had been carrying in between them, hoping to shield his eyes from the light, and whatever else she might use against him. After a long pause, a rather frustrated voice emerged from behind the stone slab.
"... What do you want?"

The_Snark
2008-03-01, 12:17 AM
GLaDOS

After a moment of thinking over the possible options, the voice responds, "We are always happy to be of service." The rotating device reverses direction, and a blue orb streaks out from it to open into a bluish oval on the inside edge of the golden gates. An orange blot streaks straight downwards, opening an orange-rimmed gateway into nothingness—and the blue oval abruptly shows the sky, complete with a variety of metal and plastic components as the Device and a pair of the attached orbs fall through it, landing on their sides between the gates. The pole that supported the Device is now lying sideways, and it ceases revolving.

"Probable damage if this means of travel is used repeatedly. Switching to universally vertical portal openings." That has the sound of talking to oneself, but the feminine voice's next words are directed at the unknown speaker. "Would you like to tell us why you believe you need to die?"

Eerie
2008-03-04, 07:41 AM
GlaDOS

"I... don`t think you`ll understand", answered the voice. "But I don`t intend to die completely. Let`s say it`s the only thing left to do to achieve my goal."

Eerie
2008-03-04, 08:10 AM
IKIT

My shrugged:
"He did attack the tower. Bad intentions are weapons."
"So, where do you travel from? You didn`t notice all the death and destruction on the way?"

Eerie
2008-03-04, 08:17 AM
Richard Pickman

"To get out of here, for a start. What is this place? Oh..."
The woman clutched her head suddenly, then sat on a rock. Light from her hand dimmed.
"Damn... I remember now. The city collapsed, and this terrible shining came through the roof. Was it real?"
"Wait, now that I see you better, you are not a ghoul. You aren`t anything I saw before. How did you get here?"

puppyavenger
2008-03-04, 02:32 PM
IKIy
"Death and estruction can-can be good. At least they-they don't try and hide. And why notice the facts of life?

Eerie
2008-03-04, 03:39 PM
I love this conversation...

IKIt

"OK-kay", said little My quietly to herself. "We have seen such cases before. They usually end in madness. But I don`t really care anyway."

"Tell me, Ikit of Skryre" she addressed the Skaven. "You didn`t notice something strange happening to you lately? Some change in your life? Change of the environment, maybe?"

puppyavenger
2008-03-04, 04:28 PM
IKIT
"REality is the most mutable thing of all. Fire-flame changes a forest to ash-ash, Man-things turn ash to cities. Orc-things turn cities to ruins. We turn Ruins to nothing. Nature turns nothing to a forest. THe cycle continues, even without the Great Winds and divineities power.

The_Snark
2008-03-04, 04:46 PM
GLaDOS

"Fascinating," the artificial voice says, as an orange-rimmed hole in space opens on the ground several feet away. The matching other side of the hole appears directly under the metal-and-plastic contraption, which promptly falls through and emerges a few feet in the air above the other portal. Before it can fall back through, the blue door is relocated to several feet closer to the garden's center, and the process is repeated as the device emerges from that door, producing a strange, bouncing movement that would doubtless be absurdly dizzying to anybody who had an inner ear.

"Who are you?" the voice asks from its perpetual free-fall. "What is it that you're trying to do?"

Nonanonymous
2008-03-05, 09:28 PM
Richard Pickman

"I thought this was just one of many tunnels through the Abyss, but the only cities in the Abyss are the cities of the gugs, and you are much too small to be one of their tenants. As for how I got here, I have no wings, so I must have walked, yes?"
He said this last bit with a slight chuckle, an unnerving noise that sounded closer to a death rattle than a laugh, most of the humor that he found stemming from the perceived ignorance of the woman for apparently having some misconceptions on what exactly a ghoul was.

Eerie
2008-03-09, 04:04 PM
IKIT

"Look, pal", said little My, "It`s really not my job to persuade you about anything. But there are no more cycles. Everything is simply turning into ruin. I mean REALLY everything, the world, the universe, the multiverse, whatever you call it. That`s the truth, and you better accept it now, and not when it will be too late."

Eerie
2008-03-09, 04:28 PM
GLaDOS

"My name is Jadis", answered the voice. "And I`m going to finish my work. The creation of Aslan is undone. Now I just need to become equal to him, and my victory will be complete. But for that I need you."

Eerie
2008-03-09, 04:38 PM
Richard Pickman

"What are you talking about? We are under Undercity..."

The woman chuckled herself. "What a pun. If there is still Undercity..."

"Look, Strange Living Ghoul-Thing. Let`s get to the surface, and then talk."

"What is your name, by the way? I am Ayomide, of the Forsaken."

The_Snark
2008-03-09, 05:11 PM
GLaDOS

With an audible click, the speakers begin transmitting again. "Thank you, "_JADIS_"." The last word is quite clearly a recording of Jadis's voice, speaking her own name. "To allow us to better assist you, please fill out the following questionnaire." Pause.

"Due to supply deficiencies, the written questionnaire is not available at this time. Please envision writing down your answers on a sheet of paper as you answer the questionnaire verbally."

"The following questionnaire has been brought to you by the Aperture Science Enrichment Center (Customer Service Department). We Are Here to Help You Help Us Help You. Please take the time to read all the way to the bottom of the questionnaire before filling in your answers."

"One: Please record your full name in the space below."

"Two: Please record the date of your birth and the date you died, in the following format: BIRTH MONTH-BIRTH DATE-BIRTH YEAR—DEATH MONTH-DEATH DATE-DEATH YEAR. If you are not currently deceased, write in the following format: BIRTH MONTH-BIRTH DATE-BIRTH YEAR—N/A (CURRENT MONTH-CURRENT DATE-CURRENT YEAR).

"Three: Please give your last place of employment and indicate the level of education you posssess. If more than one applies, check only the highest. Elementary, High School, High School Graduate, College, College Graduate, Postgraduate. In the case of the latter two, please select one of the following: Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Doctorate.

"Four: Please list any major contributions you may have made to the field of science.

"Five: Thank you. Please provide us with a short paragraph detailing the history of the 19th and 20th centuries, as they pertain to your chosen field of employment.

"Six: Please detail your reasons for selecting Aperture Science and the nature of the assistance you would like. Aperture Science is here to help, and we will do our best to ensure that the assistance you receive is close to what you asked for.

"Six: In order to better evaluate you so that we can tailor our services to your personality, please tell us (in 500 words or less) whether you believe in bad people, and why or why not.

"Thank you for accepting this questionnaire. Please ignore question number 5. Begin."

The feminine voice clicks off again.

puppyavenger
2008-03-10, 08:45 AM
IKIT
"We-we are in the chaos wates,Of course everything is dead! everything is the-the size of a pebble in a river-bed surronded by other pebbles!" he went on like this for some time before suddenly stopping and saying "bah you are obviosly delusional. So you say you hate the -dwarf-things?

Eerie
2008-03-18, 04:18 PM
GLaDOS

Dense garden opened before the moving GlaDOS, and she entered a small clearing. In the middle of the clearing, a massive apple tree stood. It was full of apples, and each on of them was dry.

Under the tree stood a woman in a silver dress. She was holding a knife in her hand. Knife made of stone.

"I would like to talk to you", she said, "But there is no time".

She showed GlaDOS her knife.

"Can you quess what is it?"

The_Snark
2008-03-18, 08:15 PM
GLaDOS

"I am equipped with advanced speculative software," the voice answers, sounding as if all this is suddenly dreadfully boring. "It's a knife. A cutting implement, crafted from apparently inferior materials. If you want to know more than that, you'll have to get me better scanning equipment and a sample. Was that all you wanted?"