PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Fell Flight

Mordante
2022-09-06, 12:30 AM
Out of curiosity

Fell Flight: The invoker sprouts a streaming winglike cape of shadows. You fly with Good maneuverability at a speed equal to your landspeed for 24 hours.

Do the winglike cape of shadows remain visible for 24h or do they only appear when the warlock is try to fly?

(I like the invocation, but not sure if the DM will/should allow it, I think flying characters can mess up his campaign)

Remuko
2022-09-06, 12:47 AM
Out of curiosity

Fell Flight: The invoker sprouts a streaming winglike cape of shadows. You fly with Good maneuverability at a speed equal to your landspeed for 24 hours.

Do the winglike cape of shadows remain visible for 24h or do they only appear when the warlock is try to fly?

(I like the invocation, but not sure if the DM will/should allow it, I think flying characters can mess up his campaign)

it doesnt say it goes away so it stays the whole duration.

also if his campaign isn't balanced for flight thats a major flaw on his part. flight isnt hard to come by, and theres no reason to disallow it.

Mordante
2022-09-06, 03:26 AM
it doesnt say it goes away so it stays the whole duration.

also if his campaign isn't balanced for flight thats a major flaw on his part. flight isnt hard to come by, and theres no reason to disallow it.

The campaign right now is that we are stuck in a prison city, no one gets in or out. It is fully contained, once a week the ones who control the city sent in new goods and prisoners to fight in the arena. There are next to no magic users in this city beside the people in the party. There is one high level caster we met in the city. No magic markets are available. The most direct way to get better gear is to fight in the arena. We have gathered now a few magic items I think, we have +1 weapons and a set of rings that give a to hit bonus and damage bonus if the wearers of the rings stay within X distance

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-09-06, 06:20 AM
Flight is easily available by any arcane caster by level 3: alter self. Spider climb is likewise available by level 3. Anyone with a couple of feats or a level in incarnate can gain limited flight via airstep sandals. Several races can gain flight within a couple of levels, such as hengeyokai, divine minions, or raptorans. There are many, many other means of doing so.

Flight is NOT hard to come by.

If the DM didn't take any of this into account and the PCs don't want to stay in prison and engage in cage-matches, that's honestly his fault for a poor setup.

Mordante
2022-09-06, 08:17 AM
Flight is easily available by any arcane caster by level 3: alter self. Spider climb is likewise available by level 3. Anyone with a couple of feats or a level in incarnate can gain limited flight via airstep sandals. Several races can gain flight within a couple of levels, such as hengeyokai, divine minions, or raptorans. There are many, many other means of doing so.

Flight is NOT hard to come by.

If the DM didn't take any of this into account and the PCs don't want to stay in prison and engage in cage-matches, that's honestly his fault for a poor setup.

I can't fly out of the city, there is a dome over the city. Maybe you are correct that it's poor set-up but there is no point in breaking the game, it's a lot of fun. We play a semi evil party. But too many players are too good to play evil. :)