PDA

View Full Version : Dragons wrath weapon created at high rarity?

DarknessEternal
2022-09-08, 02:13 PM
Can the dragon hoard attuned items just be created at a high rarity without going through the hoard soaking process?

sithlordnergal
2022-09-08, 03:46 PM
Yes, if the DM wants to

Unoriginal
2022-09-09, 11:18 AM
Can the dragon hoard attuned items just be created at a high rarity without going through the hoard soaking process?

I'd argue that the process of crafting such a weapon would involve doing the hoard soaking process, if it's possible to craft them like other magic items.

TyGuy
2022-09-09, 11:57 AM

That's a world building question. A DM can tweak them and make them regular items without the steeping process or tiers altogether if they see fit. To follow the spirit of the hoard items, I would say an item created outside a hoard should start at the base of at least slumbering if not a non-hoard item at all quite yet.

It might not be the answer a power seeking player wants to hear, but as DM I would require the PC craft or commission a mundane item with some expensive materials and preparations. And steeping in the first slain dragon's lair would create a slumbering hoard item.

It is of course possible for a DM to know a player's wishes and plant a higher state hoard item in the age appropriate lair of an adventure.