PDA

View Full Version : Queen Elizabeth II has died

Aotrs Commander
2022-09-08, 02:13 PM
To be honest, not sure which board to put this on, but as it has literally just been posted (it says "1 minute ago" on the BBC wesbite), I felt I had better try.

Queen Elizabeth II has died. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61585886)

I am rather speechless, not sure how to process this, especially coming rather suddenly.

She was the second-longest reigning monarch in history, (and I was actually more than half expecting she'd pip the top slot), so after 70 years, I think pretty much all the british population (whether or not they are fans of the royals or not) are going to find something of a major adjustment, given she had been such an instutuion for the lives of basically three generations.

pendell
2022-09-08, 02:26 PM
May she rest in peace. I admired her work ethic, putting in the hours every day for decades.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

LibraryOgre
2022-09-08, 02:28 PM
The Mod Ogre: Locking this thread for right now; as a head of state, she is a political figure, so we are formulating a rules-appropriate response. I'm also moving this, as it's not Media-related.

LibraryOgre
2022-09-09, 09:13 AM
The Mod Ogre: This thread will remain closed. We either have the political choice to only allow condolences, or have to allow the political discourse about her legacy. As both violate the rules, we will ask you to keep the entirety of the discussion off Giant in the Playground.