PDA

View Full Version : DM Help What´s Next?

Rafaelfras
2022-09-09, 02:47 PM
So, my long long run of Storm King Thunder is finaly coming to a close, After over 3 years we are finaly up to find the Storm King and then will go for the dragon.
Now I am planning the next campaing and I think I have found the perfect candidate for what to do next, but I would like some imput from the playground if nothing else just for fun.
So what should I run next?
Years ago I thought Tomb of Anihilation would be the natural candidate, but a player started to DM it for his own table. Descent into Avernus came right after but the module has several strutural problmens.
My players will finish the campaing at level 16-17 so I will have to adapt anything I chose and intertwin it with their backstories until now (as I did with SKT)

So whats good out there in terms of modules and adventures? Have WotC came up some really good material over these last years?

I would love to hear some opinions

Mastikator
2022-09-09, 03:57 PM
DM's guild has tons of adventures. Here's a search for tier 4 adventures (https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?filters=0_0_45537_0_0_45462_0_0&src=fid45537). (there's tons of stuff)
I don't think WotC has come up with any adventures starting in T3-4, so you can either make your own, get one from the guild or make your own adventure.

If you DO make your own one may I suggest you make one that ties up the ends of your player characters, whatever their long term goals are. Give them each a chance to "win", let them have a chance to find what they're searching for. Start with the player who has the most clear goal and work your way down until they're done. You can either finish with some mega-big bad or just let it finish nicely (Tolkien style).

A third option is to ask one of the players to run an adventure, if you want to give up the reigns.

Rafaelfras
2022-09-09, 04:14 PM
DM's guild has tons of adventures. Here's a search for tier 4 adventures (https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?filters=0_0_45537_0_0_45462_0_0&src=fid45537). (there's tons of stuff)
I don't think WotC has come up with any adventures starting in T3-4, so you can either make your own, get one from the guild or make your own adventure.

If you DO make your own one may I suggest you make one that ties up the ends of your player characters, whatever their long term goals are. Give them each a chance to "win", let them have a chance to find what they're searching for. Start with the player who has the most clear goal and work your way down until they're done. You can either finish with some mega-big bad or just let it finish nicely (Tolkien style).

A third option is to ask one of the players to run an adventure, if you want to give up the reigns.

They dont need to be for T3-4 as I can adapt then to my needs, as I am doing with SKT right now.
And yes thats the plan I will tie in the loose ends of their stories so we can be concluding them as the campaing proceeds, we did Princes of the Apocalipse 1st, Storm king Thunder now and a 3rd one to get to level 20.
Thx for the advice, I will look into it