PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Thrower + Belt of Dwarvenkind + Gauntlets of Ogre Power set bonus?

Greywander
2022-09-12, 01:21 PM
I feel like I read somewhere that attuning to these three items in particular gave some kind of additional bonus, but I can't seem to find it. I'm AFB at the moment, so I've only been able to check online sources which only have the stats for each individual item.

It would be kind of cool if they "compressed" into a single attunement slot, allowing you to attune to two more items.

JNAProductions
2022-09-12, 01:30 PM
I feel like I read somewhere that attuning to these three items in particular gave some kind of additional bonus, but I can't seem to find it. I'm AFB at the moment, so I've only been able to check online sources which only have the stats for each individual item.

It would be kind of cool if they "compressed" into a single attunement slot, allowing you to attune to two more items.

It's the Hammer of Thunderbolts you're thinking of.
It gives you +4 Strength (on top of the normal Belt) if you attune to it, but you can only attune to it if you have Gauntlets of Ogre Strength and a Belt of Giant Strength.

Greywander
2022-09-12, 01:54 PM
Ah well, I almost had it. Thanks for setting me straight.

Dr.Samurai
2022-09-12, 02:12 PM
IIRC, you don't have to be attuned to the Gauntlets of Ogre Power and Belt of Giant Strength to attune to the Hammer of Thunderbolts and gain its abilities.

RogueJK
2022-09-12, 02:31 PM
IIRC, you don't have to be attuned to the Gauntlets of Ogre Power and Belt of Giant Strength to attune to the Hammer of Thunderbolts and gain its abilities.

Yep.

RAW, the Hammer of Thunderbolts merely states that you must be wearing both a Belt of Giant Strength (any variety) and Gauntlets of Ogre Power in order to attune to a Hammer of Thunderbolts. It doesn't specifically require attuning to the belt or gauntlets.

You can wear/wield a magic item that requires attunement without attuning to it; you just can't benefit from any of its magical property. So you could attune to a Hammer of Thunderbolts while wearing a non-attuned Belt of Giant Strength to hold up your pants and wearing non-attuned Gauntlets of Ogre Power to protect your hands from splinters.