PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting all adventurers

SangoProduction
2022-09-18, 04:39 PM
The party is planning on joining an adventuring guild in retaking Castellyr from the horde of orcs and goblins that spilled out from the mountains and infested the lands during the Fall of Dwarovar.
I was making some of the NPCs, when I realized some people might have characters that they would like to share.

So I'm here to ask for any spare adventurers who'd like to drive out the hordes.
I'd like the name, class, fighting style, motivation, and character quirks, if you don't mind.
They will be involved in their own activities in the camp, and may occasionally fight alongside (or against, should it come to it) the players.

Note: If you're one of my players, please refrain from posting your twin half brother, twice removed. Not going to stop you. But I ask anyway.

Tzardok
2022-09-18, 04:54 PM
I've got an old one-shot character that you could use:

Edenk, the kobold rogue with the abysmal charisma. He's a surly and conniving character who's terribly ugly, even for a kobold. He mostly adventures for riches, in the hopes of using them to improve his status amongst his tribe. Fighting style: ambusher.

pabelfly
2022-09-18, 05:50 PM
What character level are you after?

SangoProduction
2022-09-18, 06:17 PM
What character level are you after?

Strictly speaking, these side adventurers will be around levels 2-5.

Quertus
2022-09-18, 06:28 PM
The party is planning on joining an adventuring guild in retaking Castellyr from the horde of orcs and goblins that spilled out from the mountains and infested the lands during the Fall of Dwarovar.
I was making some of the NPCs, when I realized some people might have characters that they would like to share.

So I'm here to ask for any spare adventurers who'd like to drive out the hordes.
I'd like the name, class, fighting style, motivation, and character quirks, if you don't mind.
They will be involved in their own activities in the camp, and may occasionally fight alongside (or against, should it come to it) the players.

Hoard of orcs and goblins? Adventurer’s Guild? Hmmm… what level range are we talking here?

Hmmm… the “fighting style” for Armus is prohibitive; at best, you could play him as a scout that feeds the party whatever less he thinks will help them most.

So, who might actually be useful to you? How about…

Ikou, the Valiant Hero
Class: Ranger/Mage (honestly, there’s 0 reason for “Wizard”, outside Arcane Archer).
Motivation: Fame.
Fighting style: Sniper. Like most of my PCs who have lived, he’s all about running away.
Quirks: oh boy. Alchemical substance that gives gold plating -> “golden” (mitral) armor, and gold highlights in his hair. Deck of Many Things -> services of 4th level knight (female elf who may as well be his cohort) and Wishes(!!!) -> knight is immortal (can’t die) (he does not exploit this, because she still feels the pain), and he is instantly and accurately recognized by all sentient beings.
Notes: generally lackluster performance; dice get hot and roll nothing but crits vs bosses. So he snipes what he can, and flees from everything else. Worst. Hero. Ever. Ok, fine, Guy Gardener and Gildroy Lockhart were worse. Ikou is not intentionally “useless and loved” Mary Sue lite, but people could see him that way.

Winx the Mighty Minotaur
Class: Cleric (of Bendeth, god of Power)
Motivation: Challenge, proselytizing, betterment of self and others.
Fighting style: Hulk Smash!
Quirks: accepts virtually all challenges, even when it’s obvious he’ll lose, because it’s the challenge that matters. Loves to tell tales that end with, “And, by the power of Bendeth, I smote my foe(s)!” (Which is the extent of his proselytizing)
Notes: might be useful if the party needs a really durable healer - especially one who can literally pick up and carry the party. Otherwise, probably just flavor. Could use a different deity to match the campaign, if he’s an alternate reality copy. Also, secretly wasn’t born a Minotaur; he was “cursed with awesome” (this has never come up in play).

Galan, War Mage
Class: Fighter / … War Mage? That class likely didn’t exist when I ran him.
Motivation: Excellence.
Fighting style: Damage. Spells do damage. Swords do damage. Siege weapons deal damage. Trampling mounts deal damage. Really, anything that deals damage is fine.
Quirks: Roll with It. Roll with it more times than should be physically possible, no matter how many flaws your setting allows. Also, trained at Bleusenberg academy, just like Quertus my signature academia mage for whom this account is named; unlike Quertus, was trained for war, not as an academic. As (presumably) the only foreigner from his nation, the pride of the military rests on his shoulders.
Notes: honest evaluation? Useless tank who hopes to draw fire by pretending to be a Wizard. Only good spell was Suggestion (don’t know if you can get that on an actual War Wizard).

Lastly, I’ll add… a character who I can’t remember his name, so I’ll give him another’s:

Datch
Class: Monk / Rogue.
Motivation: complicated. Died and was Resurrected in backstory; really focused on the afterlife. Which, as he venerates (?) a deity of trickery… he’s all about some crazy tricks.
Fighting style: Flurry of Sneak Attack. While mounted. On a Lion. The Lion that killed him, in point of fact. He doesn’t hold a grudge.
Quirks: if possible, if teamed up with healers, will attempt forced marches and double time shenanigans to cover more ground. For example. Not just “do as much as you can with the time you have”, but also “play to win”. Good for “assassin” duties.
Notes: level for level, the strongest of the characters I’ve submitted.

If these are potentially useful, and you want NPCs, too, let me know, and I’ll see how many of their names my senile old mind can remember.

Saintheart
2022-09-18, 06:39 PM
There's a character sharing thread here I the forum. Try there.

SangoProduction
2022-09-18, 06:41 PM
I don't tend to comment, unless it's a question to be answered, because it's feels as though it then creates the expectation that I will comment on it. And then when I don't, or when my response simple, it's like I am implicitly ranking them as less good responses. And... probably a really stupid feeling to get. But I do. So I don't.

But you did ask me which of your adventurers would be of use. All but the sword mage would see some use in the campaign.

There's a character sharing thread here I the forum. Try there.

Oh cool. I will Thanks.

Elves
2022-09-18, 06:59 PM
Got u bro
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?633501-Character-Sharing-Thread

SangoProduction
2022-09-18, 07:14 PM
Ah. Actual character sheets. Not precisely what I was looking for. Stats are easy to come up with. But I'll look through them all the same. Thanks.

Draconi Redfir
2022-09-18, 08:47 PM
sure i'll give you a couple of my more mundane characters. Lot of mine are Goblinoids or Drow or the like, so here's a human and a Dwarf.

Might be adding a bit too much detail here, so just trim out whatever you don't care about, sorry.

Name: Alexander Longshadow VIII* (*pronounced "The Eighth"), Human male.
Class: Paladin, no archetype (Will leave Deity (In the context of D&D) if any up to you, as his original Deity (In the context of D&D) was from 3.5, and we just carried that over into Pathfinder when we switched. Abadar or Pharasma might work though.)
Fighting style: Classic Fullplate sword-and-board. Mainly Wields a Bastard-sword in one hand, and a Mythril heavy shield in the other hand. Bastard-sword has the "Ghost-touch" and "Called" enchantments. Also has an "Undead-bane" longsword as a backup weapon.
Motivation: Bogstandard "Make sure the world doesn't end" kind of thing.
Character quirks: His Bastard-sword's blade is "Blackest Black", not reflecting any light whatsoever. The handle is just painted black, sporting some runes over the crossguard. His fullplate is also painted black with white runes along the trim, and he's got a red cape hanging from his shoulders, which he claims is both fireproof, and made from Dragon hair. He has a strange fascination with death and the dead, which he constantly fights to keep in check, probably one reason why he became a Paladin. He's known for keeping and adding to a necklace of Teeth in his possession, half of it being made from the teeth of fallen allies, and the other half being made from the teeth of formidable opponents he's faced in the past. He comes from a from a family of Morticians, and is descended from a tribe of Shadow (the monster) worshipers that died out centuries ago.

Name: Hercimer "Battlejitney" Barleybrew, Dwarf Male
Class: Fighter, with the "Shield Fighter" archetype.
Fighting style: Tank / shield-wall. Two heavy adamantine shields, one in each hand. When he holds both up together, they lock up into an adamantine Tower shield.
Motivation: Desire to protect people + revenge for dead sister.
Character Quirks: Fights by duel-weilding shields, pretty bogstandard Dwarf otherwise. Comes from a family of Brewers. Did once play him as having a Goblin-made prosthetic left arm that had a Sling built into it capable of supporting objects like Alchemist fire, and Goblin Skull Bombs, and a right eye that had a flower growing out of it's empty socket, but you can skip those details if you like.

pabelfly
2022-09-18, 08:51 PM
Giant Anthropromorphic Octopus 2 (Amphibious Template)/Barbarian 1/Swordsage 1/Fighter 1

Feats: Multiweapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (Shortsword), Shadow Blade
Combat Style: Basic Multiweapon Fighting charging build. Main stat is Dexterity. This should be 24 with Ferocity ACF on during combat, presuming the Elite Array. Damage is 1d6 (short sword) + DEX (7) + 1/2 STR (2). Roll all six d20s at once after a charge attack to save time in combat (if you want to simulate NPC actions) but you should deal pretty decent damage, even if you normally have poor attack and damage rolls as a DM.
Character Information: character will often come up with the wrong conclusion to a situation, often in a way that aggravates or annoys players. Even if they don't, they will have a very punchable face due to low CHA stat.

SangoProduction
2022-09-18, 08:54 PM
Don't be sorry. It's perfectly fine. I liked those as well.

Maat Mons
2022-09-18, 09:48 PM
Here are a few of my old characters. If you use any of them, let me know what they got up to.

Kana Morgan: Broke alcoholic Fighter. Wields a two-handed hammer and wears full plate. Since her retirement from the military, she does little other than drink away her money and take on mercenary work to get more drinking money.

Bobby Angstmeister: Half-drow Sorcerer. He was sent on an “important mission” which he suspects was just a pretext to get him killed. Instead of trying to complete the mission, he’s trying to carve out a niche for himself on the surface. He was luck enough to run into a Paladin early on who firmly believes that members of the so-called “evil races” are not inherently bad people. Bobby’s been sticking to that guy like glue, because having an advocate that is so plainly-noble has really smoothed things out for him.

Wamba: Senile old goblin woman with a penchant for transforming into animals. She’d racist against dwarves. She doesn’t hate them or anything. She’s just convinced that if she lets one into her home and turns her back on him, he’ll steal all her valuables. She’s very easy-going. She’ll even chat amicably with dwarves. She does have a habit of “whispering” about people behind their backs, but she’s hard of hearing, so it’s generally plenty loud enough for the person in question to hear. She spends a lot of time talking with animals. No one’s quite sure if she has a magical ability to communicate with them, or if she’s just crazy.

Particle_Man
2022-09-19, 02:13 PM
Iago the Kobold Knight. Reinforced Wings but Knight levels let him move at full speed when flying. And "YES, HE TALKS LIKE GILBERT GODFEY!!!!! IT IS THERE IN THE NAME REFERENCE!!!!!" He rides a mount for a lance charge, then flies up and does what he feels like. The motivation: to prove himself as a knight and to annoy his opponents a la Spider-Man/Deadpool where possible.

Another fun one is Sister Sky, an Azurin Incarnate 1/Cleric 3/Sapphire Hierarch 1 (you don't even need to leave core and Magic of Incarnum to pull this early entry off, but you could make her regular human if you play with favoured class rules to avoid the xp penalty. Or just eat the penalty I guess.). Since orcs are chaotic and she is very much lawful. She specializes in long boring sermons and summoning lawful critters (they last a while with extend spell, midnight metamagic and the law domain).

I also kind of like Sanura, a half-orc fighter (thug variant, sneak attack variant, exoticist variant) that uses a repeating heavy crossbow and dual-wields kusari-gama. She claims to have learned her fighting skills from a sacred temple, but is clearing in this for the money.

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-09-19, 02:24 PM
Not mine, but go look up Tiny Von BigMcLargeHuge (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?132294-Tiny-Von-BigMcLargeHuge).

That is all.

Kol Korran
2022-09-23, 07:09 AM
Ok, let us see:

Lynn Ardent:
-----------------------
# Race & Class: Human fighter.
# Motivation: Proving her worth. Both to others, and to herself.
# Fighting Style: Group fighter, works in a team. Takes well to her role as a tank and heavy hitter. Otherwise fairly straightforward- "Hit it! Hit it again!"
# Personality and quirks:
Her father was are retired adventurer turned smith to a small village he helped save. He was quite famous in that village, and Lynn lived in the shadow of his glory, and learned both smithing, and basic fighting. As a greater threat came, her father begrudgingly wore the armor and took his sword again, and went of to face it, but vanished since. Lynn fashioned an armor for herself, and repurposed her smithing hammer to a warhammer, and now seeks to follow in his foot steps.
Fairly tight lipped, but very blunt, direct and tactless when she does speak, Lynn is mostly comfortable when action and strength is needed, not so much for social talk. Fairly young and naive, though also fairly strong and capable.
Not surprisingly, she finds the comapny of dwarves reassuring.

Cookie
-----------------
# Race & Class: An odd little dwarf. The PF alchemist is moat suitable, but he can also work as a bard, or even as a sort of ranger/ scout.
# Motivation: See the world, explore it's wonders, and... Experiment with it all. He likes to check what makes things tick, and how to change the ticking.
# Fighting style:
Cookie tries to avoid a direct confrontation whenever possible, but if need be, he usually act as support- with alchemical concoctions, bombs (if alchemist), potions and buffs to allies, and sniping from afar.
Cookie doesn't fight fair. After all- the object is to win, at minimum risk, no? If he can, he'll set an ambush, and fight on his own terms. He has no qualms about fleeing an unfavorable scene.
# Quirks: Cookie is... An odd dwarf. A very "undwarfy" dwarf. First of all- He is quite sociable, talkative, flexible, and doesn't put much stake on the "honor & duty" thing... Secondly, it's his... Condition... It may be a cursez or a strange disease, but cookie's body... Constantly rots, and regenerates... An ear may fall off, or a finger... A boil or a ascar may form, and in a few days that area is better, while another is afflicted. Cookie himself regards it as a small inconvinience ("Oh my... that is unpleasent. Pardon me while I wrap it up and put it away?"). It is a testament to Cookie's overall persoanlity and skills, that after people get to know him they accept this horrific condition, and in many companies he ends up as the cook! How dod this come to be? No body knows, and Cookie always tells a different wild tale.

Gruma and Coals
------------------------------
# Race and Class: Goblin Witch (If in Pathfinder) or Spirit shaman/ druid ( In 3.5). Coals is her companion- Either a black matted wolf, a worg, or a very loyal (and not fully evil) hellhound.
# Motivation:
Why does a goblin spiritual leader helps those fighting against the horde? Because she thinks it will end up very very badly for everyone, including her folks. An ominous vision guided her, that this may be the only path to stave large scale destruction of her people. Ahe hates it here. She hates this people, and she dislikes their stupid dangerous plans. But it might be the only way to prevent disaster. If only she knew exactly how...
# Fighting style: Gruma dislikes fighting, but accepts it is often inevitable. She rides on Coals, and usually cast support spells (mostly healing, buffs and debuffs) while muttering to herself on how this will all end up badly.
# Quirks and personality:
Gruma is usually very pragmatic, and pessimistic. Being a goblin shaman to dark gods can give you that outlook on life. She doesn't quite worship them, but more tries to appease their horrific demanda and nature. Gruma would like a simple, pleasant lifez and dislike all this... Excitment. She likes brewing an awful smelling coffee, which is also amazingly good. (Just don't ask what are the ingerdients). Coals on the other hand is her opposite, and acts like a very excited puppy! If it's a hellhound, he likes to sleep in campfire coals (which is why it got it's name).

Kippelius Arguile thr fourth ("But please, call me Kip!")
--------------------
# Race and Class: A half elven paladin (If in PF, the archetype where he is chosen/ gets a familir instead of a horse)/ Knight/ Crusadar.
# Motivation: To understand why he was "chosen", and reconcile that with his personality and upbringing. Basically- A self-discovery/ development quest.
# Fighting style:
The emphasis here is STYLE! Kip was trained by expert tutors ("One trained the prince you know!) and Kip was always a bit of a show off. He probably knows a few uncommon tricks (combat maneuvers trickes, disicplines and such), and may go for some lengths to set up their conditions, to show off. He likes to banter his opponent, bolster his allies, and generally- isn't the silent type. He is brave, and usually fight at the forefront, sometimes foolishly so.
Kip is highborn. REALLY high born, from one of the moat esteemed and wealthy families. He was well groomed, had the best teachers, tutors, and was destined to head his family one day. But... though he played his part well, and quite enjoed the fame and luxury, a different part of him chaffed at the wat his family treated those they called "lesser". And at one point it erupted, and he faced of his brothers, in a highly lucrative and profitable venture, for the sake and defense of "the commoners/ good". He did that as instinct, and it had cost him in family circles and reputation, but... Something awoke in him. A sense of responsibility for others, of moral, of conscience, and of... Greater powers. Kip is a sort of pompeous, high self opinion upper class playboy, who is also an accidental paladin, who is in transition, trying to understand himself better. He left his family and joined this venture, hoping to settle his self conflict through it.

Ippiken Truce
-----------------------
# Race & Class: Halfing Rogue/ ranger/ scout.
# Motivation: Avoid authorities and possibly make a profit.
# Fighting style: Fight dirty, take mininal risks, and end things quick!
# Quircka & Personality: Ippiken is, as he will tell you often, "but an honest vusinessman!". Ippiken by the way fully believes he is! It is just that hos definition of "honest", means being honest to himself and the world that he won't lie that he intenda to get rich, by any means possible. He just won't lie about it. Well, to moat people... There are some buggers (mostly law enforcement) that are unreasonable hypocrits who juat try to keep an honest hardworking enterpenur down, but you can't pleas everyone, you know?
Ippiken is pragmatic, efficient, yet ruthless. He will gladly work with others, for a greater profitz but holds no loyalties or other such silly notions. Ippiken makes sure his usefulness outweighs the suspicions towarda him. He isn't "evil" for the sake of "evil". He is juat ambitious, pragmatic, and looks up for number one.

----------------------
Ok, enough for now. I'll try to think up a few more later on.

Particle_Man
2022-09-23, 09:58 AM
Strictly speaking, these side adventurers will be around levels 2-5.

A wyrmling white dragon would be ecl 5. Her tiny scales glisten like mirrors apparently. So name: Discorevivavixen. Motive: Dance Fight. Quirk: Hums as she flies. At that age she has claw/claw/bite and breath weapon, and she can fly fast and pretty well, burrow and swim. She can also icewalk but that is pretty niche. With multiattack and improved multiattack as feats it makes the math easier to remember. Fire is her nemesis, alas. She can take hide and move silently as “class” skills so could be a scout, what with blindsense and 120’ darkvision. Immunity to sleep also matters at this level since the sleep spell is a big deal at low levels.

MaxiDuRaritry
2022-09-23, 10:35 AM
Not mine, but go look up Tiny Von BigMcLargeHuge (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?132294-Tiny-Von-BigMcLargeHuge).

That is all.I should probably give you more than that, hey? Not sure if I'm allowed, since it's not mine, but it's not like the OP can stop me.

The CN (leaning towards CG) son of a human sorcerer-gish named Stump Beefknob of all things (as HIS father had significant amounts of both orc and dwarf in him), Tiny was actually once human himself (for a given value of "human"), although his family line contained significant amounts of nonhuman blood all around, since his ancestors tended to experiment with shapeshifting magics a lot, and were also extremely...err...adventurous when it came to both lust and love. He's not even sure who his mother was, since he's apparently the result of a tryst between two shapeshifters, and he was left on his father's doorstep with an unsigned note. (He believes his mother may have been a psionic gem dragon, given his penchant for mind-magics and scales, and the fact that he hatched from an egg, but he doesn't know for sure.)

He was permanently changed to his current kobold status in an accident in his father's lab, but he's found his new body useful in any number of ways, and physical form isn't as much of a cornerstone of his personality as it is for others, so he's more or less shrugged and moved on.

Tiny is rampantly polysexual with a large Charisma stat and will make moves on anyone or anything that catches his fancy, male, female, or anything else. His main limits are that his prospective partners must be sapient, willing adults who won't try to murder, rob, and/or devour him when he's not looking. Otherwise, he's game if you are. (However, he knows that no means no, so while he's an outrageous flirt, he won't go farther than that if it's made clear that his interest isn't returned.)

He's been wandering the land looking for adventure and fun (and "fun"), and he's willing to lend a claw to help others in trouble, since he's also a bit of an adrenaline junkie, as well.

Kol Korran
2022-09-23, 01:35 PM
A few more?

Olam Thane
----------------------
# Race & Class: Human cleric (Community and fellowship Deity).
# Motivation: Travel the world, be of help where he can, live a meaningful, and of possible also a comfortable, life.
# Fighting style: Follows the orders of whomever is in charge, helps his comrades however he can. Otherwise- like a small giant, wading in slowly, and swinging a heavy mar or farm tool.
Olam wasn't always a priest. He was born a farmer, part of the Thane family, whom people say have a bit of giant blood/ blessing in them. And Olam is no different- he is a towering figure, about 7 ft. tall, and built like a small brick house. Yet despite his size, Olam is quite amiable and sociable. The kind of guy who honestly listens and lends a hand cause it is natural to him. A bit slow, both physically and intellectually (Low Dex and Int), he does posses a sharp insight into human nature, and other areas of life. Having lost the village priest to old age, Olam was trained by the nearby clergy, to take over the old priest's duties. Olam is not a very studious person, but he takes to the faith's teachings naturally, to their core values of friendship, camraderie, and responsebility. When the new threat came, he drifted there naturally with other, to lend a hand. Olam is "simple" in his speech, and tends to incorporate a lof of "farm/ village sayings", as examples and anecdotes. He is quick to laugh, drink and celebrate. His main downsides are his clumsiness ("Um... Sorry, didn't see you there..."), Absent mindedness, and the fact that the man eats and drinks like 5 other people combined. ("Ma used to say- a big boy must eat to keep his strength!")

Zass
-------------
# Race & Class: Mongerlman Rogue or Int based Artificer.
# Motivation: To be accepted by proving to be of worth.
# Fighting style: Prefers not to fight, but if pressed he fights savagely, like a cornered beast, his body shaking and springing, his voices making up a calmour. If he can, he will strike fast, and then evade.
Zass is a mongrelfolk, one of 10 brothers, all called Zass (It's the pronounciation that matters). Disfigured by heritagez they all worked in various bottom rung despised jobs, such as the city's dump, sewege maintenance, the butchery storage cleaning, and so on. Most got used to it, but this Zass dreams bigger! He teachwd himself carious skills, tinkered and improved, and gained a mediocum level of useful abilities. Zass joined the adventurers guild, willing to do all the dirty jobs, to help, assist, and learn from mote skilled people, hoping to be seen as useful, and perhaps one day... Equal? A mongelfolk can dream... Zass prostrates himself, says "Yes, at once!" And generally being a good yesman/ igor/ servile, but he is also very sharp minded, learns fast, and ambitious.

Qudos to those who get the reference.

SangoProduction
2022-09-24, 02:27 AM
Have to say, Kol, your adventurer submissions are unexpectedly nice to look at.

bean illus
2022-10-02, 09:24 PM
I've got an npc that I've used various iterations of throughout the years. He can be put together anyway you like, but the personality and niche is the part that's always been the same.

D'naert Xlnyl (Dan Kennel):
-----------------------
# Race & Class: Half-orc melee multi-class
# Motivation: A soft spot for orphans, half-breeds, and the plight of innocent unwashed masses of all races.
# Fighting Style: Lots of melee feats, med-light armor. Maybe some sneak skills for hide/etc. Often a tripper.
# Personality and quirks: He's a janitor. He often works at the monks monastery, where he get's two levels, but he could easily janitor at the library. The more innocuous the scene, the better.

In reality, he's a low-mid level (double ?) spy sort. He's not disguise based, or charisma based, but being half-(orc?) allows a minimum amount of infiltration. He's not a deep infiltrator, but only a rumor gatherer.
I've always played him as a good guy. On rare occasion he accompaies the miltia or adventurers on a night ambush, or as a guide to the edge of the real adventure, but would rather not risk his thin cover by accompanying further.

18 14 14 - 10 10 8
20 14 14 - 8 10 6 half-orc

It's the charcter thats important here, not the build. And you know how to build, but here's some suggestions, depending on table optimization.

1. MRogue Trapfinding, Combat Reflexes, Darkstalker
2. ExF 1 EWP spiked chain, EWP HEAVY spiked chain, Exotic Attack: +2 trip
3. MRogue 2, Evasion, Combat Exp, Imp Trip
4. Mmonk Deft Opportunist
5. Mmonk 2 Invisible Fist, Defensive Sweep

This version has darkstalker, evasion, and invisible fist, as well as a decent hide, etc.

+11 trip, +4 AoO

Edit:
Note that if leveling to 6th (it is just a martial npc), i would likely just continue him with ...

6. ExF 2 Imp Initiative, Quick reckon.

A +6 initiative and free listen+spot would make him safer, and more dangerous.

1. MRogue Combat Reflexes, OPEN
2. ExF 1 EWP spiked chain, EWP HEAVY spiked chain, Exotic Attack: +2 trip
3. Wolf barbarian +2 flank, wolf berserker +4 trip
4. Wolf barbarian imp trip +4,
5. ExF 2, Knock-Down

Trip +2, +4, +4, +5 Str = +15
Better trip and BAB, but less of everything else.

RexDart
2022-10-03, 12:40 PM
Bryndis Tolfsdottir
-----------------------
# Race & Class: Human Fighter/Favored Soul of Thor (or your nearest analogue)
# Motivation: Serving Thor by having adventures, helping people, and becoming a great warrior
# Fighting Style: Wielding a greataxe (favored weapon of the Thor analogue) with great strength and skill. Followers of Thor are primarily known for fighting with "the rage of a thousand storms" (usually Barbarians), but Bryndis just doesn't have any rage in her. She sometimes tries to play the part, but the results are comical, sounding like a puppy trying to act fierce. But she will mess people up nonetheless.
# Personality and quirks: Kind and charismatic but dumb. Eager to tell tales of Thor to anyone who will listen (they're actually pretty good stories.) Tallest height possible for a human female, which was granted to her by Thor on her wedding day (she threw the groom into a lake, "borrowed" a horse, and rode off.) Tries to emulate (her somewhat idiosyncratic idea of) Thor in all ways. Has pink hair with blonde roots, which a trained eye can tell is the result of a failed red dye job. Worship of Thor is highly disorganized and decentralized in her world, and she uses a dodecahedron as a holy symbol, representing her fighting style and the source of her new name ("daughter of the twelve.")

Bohandas
2022-10-05, 08:16 PM
Bombe
Human Evoker/Swordsage
Motivation: Thrill seeker
Fighting style: Lots of blasting spells
Notes: Brilliant but erratic. Fascinated by and obsessed with fire. Desert Wind training gives her partial fire resistance. Speaks more like a barbarian than a wizard

Wizz
Human Necromancer/Ranger
Motivation: Romantically attached to Bombe, see above
Notes: levelheaded

SangoProduction
2022-10-06, 01:09 AM
Wow. The coincidence. I was just filling out my necromancer settlement.
Could I ask you for some more details?
(Also, would you prefer them to be the raise-dead kind, or the sickening kind? In this setting, undead deal permanent damage, and are rabidly anti-life. So. Pretty evil. Didn't want to twist your adventurer too far, even though you'd never see it.)

Bohandas
2022-10-06, 02:02 AM
I'd imagined him as a vaguely goth LN worshipper of Wee-Jas, if that helps

SangoProduction
2022-10-06, 03:38 PM
Much appreciate, friend.