PDA

View Full Version : Solo Adventure Advice - Stat!

NecessaryWeevil
2022-09-20, 09:47 PM
Hey folks,

So my 9-year-old daughter has just announced that she wants to try D&D. She's expecting me to come up with about 20 minutes worth of story/game and I have about 45 minutes in which to do it. Any advice?

When I asked her which fantasy story character is her favourite, she named "Geronimo Stilton in the Kingdom of Fantasy" (a mouse pressed into service as a knight) because he's nice and is friends with dragons.

J-H
2022-09-20, 10:06 PM
Do a small dungeon with two possible intersecting paths. Each room has an exploration challenge, or a monster challenge, or both.

Give her a pregen paladin: Simple like a fighter, but has the ability to do burst damage a few times, and heal itself.

Room 1: Connects to rooms 2 & 3. Has a warning sign on the wall: "Beware, this is the layer of Arbaghuz the Knight-Slayer." The sign is cunningly trapped with poison, with an appropriate chance to detect/dodge.

Room 2: Room 2 is flooded with Quicksand. There are some rocks that are safe to pass over, but also a few that are traps and will collapse instead! A Perception check will reveal which ones, and the room can be hopped across without too much difficulty. If she takes too long, a goblin will appear at the far end of the room and start shooting at her with its shortbow. Connects to room 4

Room 3: Room 3 is pitch black (torch?). It's inhabited by a giant spider that is friendly to goblins, but tries to web and eat anything else. Connects to Room 4. Investigating the room thoroughly reveals a healing potion lost in a corner.

Room 4: Goblin lair: 4 goblins, bedding, cooking, potty in the corner. If the goblins get the chance, they will run to Room 4 or Room 5 to call reinforcements.

Room 5: Arbaghuz's lair. Contains bedding, a treasure chest, and Arbaghuz, a big tough hobgoblin who wields a maul. Spice him up a little bit with a couple of Battlemaster maneuvers, maybe Riposte or Parry.

NecessaryWeevil
2022-09-20, 11:41 PM
Thanks very much!