PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [3rd Party] Natural Attacks as Manufactured Weapons.

Val666
2022-09-21, 11:20 PM
Hey everyone, today I was looking at the size, space, and reach section of the pathfinder 1e rules. I was intrigued that weapons with the Reach property double your reach but inhibit your ability to attack adjacent enemies. I was wondering if there was a way, for example, to have a Huge creature with natural attacks and have those natural attacks count as manufactured weapons so they could get the reach property. That would mean they would have 30 ft reach.? Is there a way to have natural attacks count as manufactured weapons? Everything pathfinder 1e and 3.5 is allowed, even some PF1e so if you've heard or read of a way, please shoot.

Thanks in advance!

Darg
2022-09-22, 07:12 PM
Hey everyone, today I was looking at the size, space, and reach section of the pathfinder 1e rules. I was intrigued that weapons with the Reach property double your reach but inhibit your ability to attack adjacent enemies. I was wondering if there was a way, for example, to have a Huge creature with natural attacks and have those natural attacks count as manufactured weapons so they could get the reach property. That would mean they would have 30 ft reach.? Is there a way to have natural attacks count as manufactured weapons? Everything pathfinder 1e and 3.5 is allowed, even some PF1e so if you've heard or read of a way, please shoot.

Thanks in advance!

How are you planning on giving reach to your manufactured weapons? Monk UAS is considered manufactured and natural for spells and effects.

Val666
2022-09-22, 07:17 PM
How are you planning on giving reach to your manufactured weapons? Monk UAS is considered manufactured and natural for spells and effects.

Hey! There's a Pathfinder 3rd party veil called Hardlight Reinforcements. It can add the Reach property to a melee *manufactured* weapon. I knew about UAS but I want to add the reach property to other natural attacks, like claws and tentacles. Hardlight Reinforcements would allow me to do it but first I need the natural attacks to be considered manufactured.

StSword
2022-09-24, 06:11 PM
How about Savage Species' Beast Claws +1 spiked gauntlets that gives the wearer 1d4 claw attacks at medium size. If the wearer already has claw attacks, the plus one bonus becomes +2, plus the wearer uses their regular claw attack damage +1d6.

A spiked gauntlet is a manufactured weapon, so the claw attack would be from a manufactured weapon, yes?

Val666
2022-09-27, 04:03 PM
How about Savage Species' Beast Claws +1 spiked gauntlets that gives the wearer 1d4 claw attacks at medium size. If the wearer already has claw attacks, the plus one bonus becomes +2, plus the wearer uses their regular claw attack damage +1d6.

A spiked gauntlet is a manufactured weapon, so the claw attack would be from a manufactured weapon, yes?

Ooohhh now that's interesting. Would there be a way to apply it to other natural attacks tho?

StSword
2022-09-27, 09:57 PM
Theoretically I see no reason why not, but that would depend on how ones DM handles custom magic items.

Especially since say a spiked gauntlet of biting makes less sense.

animewatcha
2022-09-28, 08:58 PM

Slight correction. the beast claws are 1d4/1d6 damage. Not extra claw attacks. Slight typo.

StSword
2022-09-29, 02:19 PM
Slight correction. the beast claws are 1d4/1d6 damage. Not extra claw attacks. Slight typo.

It very specifically adds to claw damage if you already have claws as I typed, which is what I can only assume you are talking about since I typed absolutely nothing about giving extra claw attacks.

"If worn by a creature that already has a claw attack, beast claws have an enhancement bonus of +2 instead of +1. The creature does its normal claw damage while wearing beast claws plus an additional 1d6 points of damage."

Darg
2022-09-29, 05:48 PM
Beast Claws: Usually found in a size that fits a Medium-size humanoid, this pair of +1 spiked gauntlets sports claws at the tips of the fingers. They allow the wearer to make claw attacks (1d4/×2 slashing damage for Medium-size characters; see Changing Weapon Size earlier in this chapter to adjust for wearer’s size).
If worn by a creature that already has a claw attack, beast claws have an enhancement bonus of +2 instead of +1. The creature does its normal claw damage while wearing beast claws plus an additional 1d6 points of damage. Creatures of animal intelligence will usually not willingly wear coverings on their forelimbs.
Caster Level: 7th; Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, polymorph self or ability to wild shape; Market Price: 9,610 gp.

Yep, manufactured weapon claw attacks. There's no reason to say they are claw attacks if they weren't meant to give a character a natural attack routine.

animewatcha
2022-09-29, 10:24 PM

Post was not aimed at that portion. Rather the way 'the bolded' sounds like it gives 1d4 claw attacks as in 1, 2, 3, or 4 claw attacks. Hence slight typo. Though I should have separated the 1d4 damage and 1d6 damage more.

Darg
2022-09-30, 12:02 AM
Ah, I see it now.