PDA

View Full Version : Dark Creatures Lurking in the Fields (CoC)

Great cthulhu
2022-09-23, 11:26 AM
Im starting a Call of Cthulhu campaign in the foreseeable set thousands of years after modern times. The end times occurred, but through sorcery and desperate deals humanity was able to survive, yet they are now shattered and squabbling kingdoms, all vying for control over a vastly shifted landscape, as the suffering and madness shifted the continents, making each one unrecognizable. Many of these kingdoms are now maddened cults or serve debased gods, others are just trying to survive.

One such kingdom is simply called Black Field, Yellow Sky. Located deep in the amazon rainforest (which now encompasses most of the portion of america that is not underwater) Centering around a golden field located in a large clearing inside the jungle. For some inexplicable reason, the sky is shrouded in a perpetual darkness that only abates between 7am and 3pm when it is sunny. In the center of this field is a concrete stronghold where a few hundred humans live. These humans serve a coven of sorcerers who's motives are not yet known. These farmers till the fields during the sunlight period, producing almost impossibly mighty yeilds, but during the dark sky period, they all go back into the stronghold, as dark creatures stalk the fields.

I need some help figuring out what these creatures are. A dark presence haunts this field, and is certainly related to the creatures, but what? I need to figure out what entity or god possesses this place, and what creatures to use. Normally I would just make this kind of thing up but the malleus monstorum is an awesome resource and I want to use it. I was originally going to use byakhee but I did not want to pull hastur out for this one. The same goes for nightgaunts with nodens. I need something black and shiny, humanoid but crawls. Bony and lean, yet almost crustacean-like.

Thanks