PDA

View Full Version : "4th EDITION Preview Minis!"?

Kiirseva
2007-11-29, 11:29 PM
A friend and I saw attention-grabbing stickers proclaiming "4th EDITION Preview Minis!" on boosters of Desert of Desolation D&D Minis tonight. We don't play D&D Minis but figured we could use em for actual D&D.

We're not unhappy with what we got, but where's the 4e "preview"? The cards all read like 3.5 (unlike the Spined Devil card up on EN World), there's nothing special inside, and the mini's, when questioned, were disturbingly silent for a sphinx and an angel.

Was this sticker just slapped on there buy a shopkeeper?

brian c
2007-11-29, 11:33 PM
A friend and I saw attention-grabbing stickers proclaiming "4th EDITION Preview Minis!" on boosters of Desert of Desolation D&D Minis tonight. We don't play D&D Minis but figured we could use em for actual D&D.

We're not unhappy with what we got, but where's the 4e "preview"? The cards all read like 3.5 (unlike the Spined Devil card up on EN World), there's nothing special inside, and the mini's, when questioned, were disturbingly silent for a sphinx and an angel.

Well, what they're saying is that they'll release free updated 4e stats for those monsters at some point. Additionally, all of the monsters (creatures, etc) in those packs are featured in the 4e Monster Manual

jamroar
2007-11-30, 01:21 AM

Presumably, the minis are sculpted after the concept artwork that will be used for 4th ed MM. I believe that was mentioned at some point on the Spooky Wizard's site.

TheOOB
2007-11-30, 01:47 AM
It's more of a marketing ploy then anything else. Basically they are saying all new minis will come out with 4e stats so people don't stop buying minis until 4e comes out.

deadseashoals
2007-11-30, 05:28 AM
It's garbage. None of us at the store could figure out what it really meant, but we assumed it was a reference to the fact that all of the DoD monsters will appear in the 4E Monster Manual in that form. Like the Feral Troll mini, which has the 4E troll look.