PDA

View Full Version : Happy Ootsiversary!

Lord Torath
2022-09-26, 10:21 AM
19 years yesterday since the first strip was posted!
Edit: The "coming soon" announcement was posted on Sept 25th. The first strip was posted on Sept 29th.

Thanks for all the laughs and thought-provoking strips, Rich!

ZhonLord
2022-09-27, 04:39 AM

Here's to a grand finale and a lasting legacy as the comic approaches the finish line!

KorvinStarmast
2022-09-27, 07:12 AM
Next year, we can begin this topic with "One score years and (almost) seven books ago..."
(Yes, I am not including the prequels and other volumes)

Peelee
2022-09-27, 09:02 AM
Next year, we can begin this topic with "One score years and (almost) seven books ago..."
(Yes, I am not including the prequels and other volumes)

The best variation will always be "four score and [checks pocketwatch] seven minutes ago".

KorvinStarmast
2022-09-27, 06:20 PM
The best variation will always be "four score and [checks pocketwatch] seven minutes ago".

Ill do that on my 80th birthday. :smallsmile:

littlebum2002
2022-09-28, 09:32 AM

The first strip was posted on September 29, not September 25th. I remember because that is my birthday, too.

Lord Torath
2022-09-28, 12:23 PM
The first strip was posted on September 29, not September 25th. I remember because that is my birthday, too.Huh. Good to know! I shall edit my reminder!

I don't remember where I got the Sept 25th date, but unless Rich steps in, I'll assume you are correct.

Which means the OotSiversary is tomorrow, and we get to celebrate again!

hamishspence
2022-09-28, 12:44 PM
I don't remember where I got the Sept 25th date, but unless Rich steps in, I'll assume you are correct.

First post on page 1 of the strip one Discussion Thread maybe - that there was going to be something (which turned out to be a strip), was being mentioned before the strip got posted.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?7333-The-Order-of-the-Stick

littlebum2002
2022-09-28, 12:46 PM
First post on page 1 of the strip one Discussion Thread maybe - that there was going to be something (which turned out to be a strip), was being mentioned before the strip got posted.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?7333-The-Order-of-the-Stick

It was a drawing of the Order holding a banner that said "The Order of the Stick is coming soon" or something like that

Lord Torath
2022-09-29, 08:50 AM
We can celebrate today, then!

Happy OotSiversary!

And many thanks to The Giant!

Laurentio III
2022-09-29, 12:30 PM
Greetings, Father of Giants! May your beard always be soaked in ale!
(Assuming you like ale)

Coppercloud
2022-09-29, 12:58 PM
Happy Ootsiversary Giant!
And happy Ootsiversary to all readers!
I discovered tOOtS this year, read all comics and prequels at least thrice already, and I keep recommending it to my friends and relatives every chance I get. At least, those who are into D&D or other TTRPGs and have a good enough grasp of English.
Giant, thank you so much for providing this masterpiece of storytelling to readers all over the world. Whatever you end up writing next, however different from this fantasy comic we all know and love, know that I'll be among your readers.
All sentences in this post end with a word containing an odd number of letters. Including this one.

Robots
2022-09-29, 06:38 PM
Birthday for real... It's 7 at nite but I should totally draw something to celebrate.