PDA

View Full Version : DM Help In need of 2 good names

HoboKnight
2022-09-26, 12:59 PM
Hey guys,

I have hard time coming up with 2 rather important names in my campaign, so I'd ask for your help.

First thing is: my party did a resounding "destroy&rescue" mission in a Feywild town. In a certain fun park in town things went really bonkers with parts of fun park getting torn apart and animated and started to eat the visitors. Several adventuring groups entered, but only my PCs came out of the park alive and victorious. And they got a reputation. Good one, but because they saved the people from fun park, a bit silly, too. What would the name be? The Fun Park Team? The Clowns? I have no clue.

Second name is much darker. There is a demiplane, inhabited by 3 epic-level hags. These hags lure entire villages into their plane, where they slowly drive the adults insane, and children, well, let's just not talk about that. Thing is, this place has only a name, given to it by mentioned hags. To them, insanity and corruption are delicious. To them, this place is a playroom, fun park, a feast. What sort of name would they give to their demiplane to reflect their enjoyment of it?

thanks

KorvinStarmast
2022-09-26, 01:32 PM
Hey guys,

I have hard time coming up with 2 rather important names in my campaign, so I'd ask for your help.

First thing is: my party did a resounding "destroy&rescue" mission in a Feywild town. In a certain fun park in town things went really bonkers with parts of fun park getting torn apart and animated and started to eat the visitors. Several adventuring groups entered, but only my PCs came out of the park alive and victorious. And they got a reputation. Good one, but because they saved the people from fun park, a bit silly, too. What would the name be? The Fun Park Team? The Clowns? I have no clue.

Second name is much darker. There is a demiplane, inhabited by 3 epic-level hags. These hags lure entire villages into their plane, where they slowly drive the adults insane, and children, well, let's just not talk about that. Thing is, this place has only a name, given to it by mentioned hags. To them, insanity and corruption are delicious. To them, this place is a playroom, fun park, a feast. What sort of name would they give to their demiplane to reflect their enjoyment of it?

thanks
1. Retaliators or Regulators

2. The Wreck Room

HoboKnight
2022-09-27, 12:18 AM
First one may need a bit more work, but 2nd one is imo really cool. Thanks!

Rynjin
2022-09-27, 12:22 AM
Hey guys,

Clearly they are the Funhouse Four (or Five, not sure how big the party is). Just cringe enough they will probably try to distance themselves from the name and make a new one, but memorable enough they'll never be able to shake it.

thanks

I figure they'd just call it "home". Or ironically the blandest, most idyllic sounding village name you can think of. "Welcome to Glendale, you're here to stay."

Bulhakov
2022-09-27, 05:19 AM
How tounge in cheek do you want it?
My first ideas:

Carnival Corps, Party Poopers

The Fun Farm, Flavor Town

ReallySeamus
2022-09-27, 10:32 AM
1. The Geek Squad. That's a name that'll stick and is probably a guaranteed laugh the first time an NPC uses it.

2. I second the suggestion for an ironic name, something that's tranquil or vaguely quant and charming. Perhaps "The Nook", "The Meadow", or "Old Hollow".