PDA

View Full Version : [SW] Quest for Savage Glory

LibraryOgre
2022-09-30, 04:20 PM
So, I'm thinking of running a Savage Worlds version of Quest for Glory 1: So You Want to be a Hero for my son. To do that, I'm having to make a few things, and would not mind some feedback:

LibraryOgre
2022-09-30, 04:20 PM
Calm
Power Points: 2
Range: Smarts
Duration: Instant
Trappings: Calming music

Calm reduces the aggression of the target, causing them to "bliss out" and not attack the character. With a successful casting, the target cannot move and is Distracted. With a raise, the target is Distracted and Vulnerable, and cannot take any physical actions.

At the end of their turn, a victim of this spell may make a Spirit roll to attempt to break free of the calm. Success indicates that they have broken free; failure indicates that the calm continues for another turn. The calm automatically ends if the target is subject to any attack that does more than 3 points of damage above their armor (if any); the attack need not cause the target to be Shaken or receive a Wound, simply connect.

For 1 additional power point, the spell can be changed to a Medium Blast template, centered on the caster, who is not affected.

LibraryOgre
2022-09-30, 04:21 PM
Dazzle
Trappings: Blinding Burst of Light

Dazzle produces bright light. The target must make a Vigor roll (at −2 with a raise on the arcane skill roll) or be Stunned (see 106).

For 1 point, the spell may be changed to a Medium Blast template, centered on the caster. The caster does not need to make a Vigor roll.

LibraryOgre
Fetch
Range: Smarts *2
Duration: 5

Fetch is a more limited version of Telekinesis. It only has an effective strength of d4 (d6 with a raise), and is limited to slow (pace 4), straight line movement. With success, an item may be brought to the caster; with a raise, the item may instead be moved from one place to another, but only in a straight line.

LibraryOgre
Open
Power Points: 1

Open allows the mage to attempt to open a lock or closed door, as if making a Thievery check, but using Spellcasting, instead. If a door is not locked, then it will open normally to the spell.

LibraryOgre
Zap (Smite)
Power Points: 1
Range: Touch
Duration: 5
Trappings: Crackling blue glow

This power is cast on a weapon of some sort. If it’s a ranged weapon, it affects one entire magazine, 20 bolts, shells, or arrows, or one full “load” of ammunition (the GM determines the exact quantity for unusual weapons). While the power is in effect, the weapon’s damage is increased by +2, or +4 with a raise. The weapon also receives +2 AP, unless the target is warded against electrical damage.

LibraryOgre
2022-09-30, 04:22 PM
Saurus
Really, something to teach the character combat. Too fast to run away from, but not a tough combatant by any means.

Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d4 (A), Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d4, Fighting d4, Notice d4
Pace: 8; Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
Edges: —
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str.
Swift: Running die is d8

LibraryOgre
Cheetaur
Given the existence of Liontaurs, I'm making them humanoid-like intelligence, though we don't see any sign of it in QfG1.

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Stealth d6, Survival d8
Pace: 10; Parry: 7; Toughness: 7

Special Abilities:
• Fleet Footed: Running die d10.
• Claws: Str+d4.
• Bite: Str+d6
• Considered to be using Two Weapons when making claw attacks (two attacks, -2 MAP to Fighting, but +1 against those with a single weapon or unarmed, and no shield
• Size 1: Cheetaurs are the size of small horses.

LibraryOgre
Mantray:
(Based on Fantasy Companion's Darkmantle)

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4 (A), Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Fighting d6, Notice d6, Stealth d12
Pace: 5; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4 (1)
Edges: Quick
Special Abilities:
• Armor +1: Thick hide.
• Bite: Str+d4.
• Blindsense: Mantray ignore invisibility, illusion, and all Illumination penalties.
• Flight: Pace 6.
• Size –2 (Small): Mantray are 3’ tall and weigh 40 lbs.
• Tail Zap: 2d6 damage to touch range. AP 2 (lightning); attack with Fighting

LibraryOgre
2022-10-08, 11:58 AM
Ok, a need I see I'm going to need soon: The Weaponmaster. I'm going to build him "legal", rather than just assign stats, but I'm gonna keep building him with advances until he's where I want... which may defeat the purpose, but it gives me practice.

Agi d10
Sm d6
Sp d8
Str d6
Vig d6

Pace 6
Parry 10
Toughness 5

Skills:
Athletics d6
Common Knowledge d4
Notice d4
Persuasion d4
Stealth d4

Academics d6
Battle d6
Fighting d12
Intimidation d6
Performance d6
Riding d4
Taunt d6

Hindrances:
Arrogant
Obligation (Minor, train baron's troops)
Thin-Skinned (goes with his arrogance)

Edges:
Quick (draw two cards for initiative)
Strong-willed (+2 to resist Smarts, Spirit tests)
Block
Counterattack (free attack against 1 failed Fighting attack/round)

Gear
Rapier (Str+d4, Parry 1)

LibraryOgre
2022-10-08, 03:05 PM
New NPC: The Kobold. I'm going to use the Fantasy Companion Goblin as a base, here... Quest for Glory kobolds aren't terribly defined beyond "Magic-Users", and I think the free novice edge works well for that.

Wild card

Agility d4
Smarts d10
Spirit d8
Strength d4
Vigor d4

Pace: 6
Parry: 4
Toughness:
Size -1

Edges:
Infravision (half penalties if target radiates heat or cold)
Stealthy (factored in)
Arcane Background: Wizard
Artificer
New Powers: (Force Bolt, Invisibility)
Power Points
Power Surge

Hindrances:
Mean
Short

Skills:
Athletics d4
Common Knowledge d4
Notice d4
Persuasion d4 (-1, Mean)
Sneak d6

Fighting d4
Healing d8
Occult d10
Spellcasting: d10
Survival d6

Spells:
Spellcasting: d10
Power Points: 15

Force Bolt (Blast, Force trapping, small blast template; some hits will be a bounce)
PP: 3

Reversal (arcane protection; can make spellcasting roll at MAP to reflect spell at target; Range Limitation, Personal) PP: 1, +2 to cast

Blink (Deflection with Hurry; by amount of protection result in teleporting pace 2 as a free action; Range Limitation, Personal, Hasty to allow the movement): PP: 3

Invisibility: (Range limitation: Touch) PP: 4

Polymorph: (Shape Change against target, at touch range): PP: 6, 8, or 11

With Artificer, he's made the chest invisible and made the chain which keeps Barnard transformed.